Ch. 3 - The Interrogation

High School Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Class had ended and everyone had left the room but me. Jaemin was still sick and I'm losing my mind. I'm still fidgeting in my seat thinking on my next move. Should I go meet Mark like he asked me too or should I go straight home? The idea of going home sound pretty good since it's the end of the week and there's no school tomorrow. Sneaking away sound like the best plan right now. He said to meet him in the front gate so the only option now is to exit through the side gate. Yes, great plan!

Picking up my bag and heading out the door, I was expecting the hallways to be empty considering how long I'd stayed in the room. What I wasn't expecting was to see Donghyuck and Renjun standing there as soon as I step out.

"Hi, Jeno," Renjun greeted, followed by Donghyuck. "Are you on your way to Mark?"

"Ye... yeah, I was on my way there. I was heading to the restroom first," I lied, scratching the back of my neck. "Are you waiting for someone."

"Yup! You."

"W...Why?" Did they see through my lies?

Donghyuck smiles. "To make sure you don't run out on Mark." Oh, crap. They did.

"I... I wasn't," I stuttered, lying to them again. "I was going to go after."

"Uh huh," Renjun said, not believing me. "You know, Mark is not a bad guy. Regarding the rumors that's going around, none of it is true."

"I know that. He really friendly," I said. "He even offered me some of his food."

Donghyuck let out a snort. "We saw. You're lucky cause he never offer us any."

"Really?"

"Yeah. We were friends since little and he never offer me anything. You're special," he continued, patting my shoulder.

I disagree. "I’m not."

"Keep telling yourself that."

"But I'm not...."

"So, Jeno," Renjun said in a serious tone. "Before you go, we want to ask you something."

I gulped. "Like?"

"Like, about us. What do you think about us?"

"Seriously?"

"Yup. Like are we annoying, a bother to you?"

"What? No!"

"I told you," Donghyuck said, lightly hitting Renjun.

"I mean..."

"Wait?"

"Can I be honest," I asked and they nodded.

"You guys are not annoying. It just I'm not uses to this all of these attention," I confessed. Looking around, I see some students watching us. "It was just me and my best friend. We were going to survive high school together but then he caught the flu and is out for this whole week. Then that day happen. One minute I was nobody, next thing I know everyone was talking about me just because I'd spilled my drink on Mark. I thought I was dead meat but he was nice that he let me go if I gave him my jacket. I was hoping it was the end of it but then the two most lovable students of my class whom happen to be friend with him decided to talk to me and bring me to eat with them."

"I'm sorry," Renjun apologized.

"It's not a bad thing so you don't have to apologize. It just feels weird. Kind of overwhelming."

"You'll get uses to it," Donghyuck said.

"What do you mean uses to it," I asked.

"Well, you and Mark are going to be dat...."

"Donghyuck," Renjun yelled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter