Lights in the Sky ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Lights in the Sky

*.☽.*



 

There it goes again, the throbbing pain in my head that knocked me out of sleep. Different parts of my body ached too. Opening my eyes, I met the ceiling. I swallowed as I felt my throat dry, my brain urging me to get up for a glass of water. However, shifting my position, I felt Baekhyun’s arm on my waist making me realize that I was on the bed with him. I checked on my clothes which surprisingly was Baekhyun’s sweater, the one that he wore the night before.

Wait! How did I get here? My head throbbed once more.

We were in the living room with Soo Ah and Kyungsoo last night. I closed my eyes, forcing myself to remember what happened the night before but it only made my head throb even more. Lifting my hands to the parts of my head where the pain emanated, I must have woken him up. I felt him move behind me. Using the hand that was previously on my waist, he gently shoved my hair away from my neck before nuzzling his nose on it.

“Morning baby…” He greeted in a sleepy voice. “How do you feel?” His low, muffled, and slightly raspy morning voice reached my ear, his lips almost touching my skin as he spoke while his hand traveled to my waist once more.

“I think I’m gonna die.” I groaned, wincing at the pain.

Though sleepy, he let out a small laugh at my exaggeration before making me face him by shifting my position.

It was just then I noticed that he wasn’t wearing any shirt, his perfectly toned chest on display. Hugging me, I ended up snuggling against him, shutting my eyes.

Why is he shirtless, it’s cold?

“No, you can’t die.” He replied, a hint of a smile in his voice as he tightened his arms around me. “I’m not gonna let you.”

I wanted to appreciate this moment. Being with Baekhyun, tangled in sheets on a cold winter morning, him whispering sweet nothings to my ear but my hangover was being a killjoy. I gently pushed him away, freeing myself because I felt kinda suffocated. I could taste the alcohol in my throat and it was making me nauseous. My stomach churned as I felt like throwing up.

Without wasting any more time, I jumped off the bed covering my mouth, and ran to the bathroom. I went straight to the toilet bowl and started to throw up.

I felt like dying.

A few seconds later, I felt him walk in. He stopped behind me, gathering my hair in his hand, and lifted it.

Oh god, this is ridiculous.

I felt so disgusted with myself puking right in front of him. I shouldn’t have drunk last night. That was a very bad idea. I remembered him stopping me from drinking more but ugh, what had gotten into me?

Flushing the toilet, I stood and stepped away from him so I could wash my mouth as well as my face in the sink. Doing this, I was conscious knowing that he was here with me, watching my every move. From the mirror, I could see him leaning on the door, his hands inside his pockets. Turning off the faucet, I moved to reach for the towel near the shower area. While wiping my face, I hesitantly faced him and directly met his eyes. I couldn’t read the expression on his face as he stood very distractingly handsome and hot a couple of feet away from me.

I felt so conflicted trying to concentrate on how to ease what I was feeling but he was here, doing absolutely nothing but still ended up urging every cell in my body to go and melt in his arms.

Then, as if he could read my mind, he stretched his arms out seemingly asking me to hug him.

I swear he can read my mind, what kind of sorcery is this?

Though a bit hesitant, I stepped towards him and melted into his embrace the next second.

“Does your head hurt?” I heard him ask, wrapping his firm arms around me.

I nodded like a child in response to his question, basking in his perfect warmth.

“I should’ve listened to you when you said I shouldn’t drink more,” I told him, truly regretful.

He chuckled.

“Why don’t you take a warm shower first, hmm?” He said as he loosened his arms around me before going to the corner to turn on the shower. “When you’re done, head to the kitchen. I’ll make you something to help with your hangover. Okay, baby?” He added, obviously waiting for a reply.

I nodded once more as I watched him walk towards the door next.

“Hey Baek,” I called, not sure of what to say exactly but when he met my eyes once more, my mouth automatically said something I didn’t think through that much. “Put on a shirt. Your chest is distracting.”

“Well guess who stripped me off of my clothes last night.” A beautiful, amused grin appeared on his face.

What? Blinking my eyes a few times, I tried to process what he just said. Did he just…what did he just say?

“See you later Baby.” He said, snapping me out of my confused thoughts before closing the door behind him.


*.☽.*

Getting into the shower, I tried my best not to think of what he said. I focused on trying to feel better by concentrating on how good the warm water felt on my skin. However, my mind was only blank for a couple of minutes as I recalled his fan meet. I felt the urge to cry remembering the overflowing support he got from his fans.

I couldn’t imagine how painful it would have been if he lacked support from them or what could have happened to him and his career if his company did terminate his contract. I knew for sure that I wouldn’t forgive myself if he lost everything because of me. Thankfully, we wouldn’t have to deal with any of those things. As Kyungsoo said, Baekhyun’s not alone in this fight anymore.

I closed my eyes, feeling the water flow atop of my head down as I uttered a silent prayer, grateful for how things have turned out.

After almost fifteen minutes of showering, I stood in front of the mirror. Using my hand, I cleared the mirror which had turned foggy due to the warm bath I just had. I was wearing a white bathrobe with a towel wrapped around my head. Taking a deep breath, I thought felt a bit better now. The warm bath sure did help.

Grabbing my moisturizer, I started to apply it to my face. While doing it, I had to lean closer to the mirror so I could take a good look at my skin. From my face, my attention fell right above the hollow of my neck. There was something in there…a mark.

“Oh!” I gasped, realizing what it was.

Then I remembered Baekhyun’s last statement. “Guess who stripped me off my clothes last night?”

Rattled, I checked from my neck down to my shoulders and found another one above my right collarbone.

OH MY GOD PARK HAEWON, YOU DIDN’T-
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!


*.☽.*

Still, in my bathrobe but without the towel in my head, I hurriedly went out of his room to look for him downstairs. My heart was beating wildly as I took the stairs and proceeded to the kitchen. I found him in front of the oven, facing the other way. He was now wearing a black hoodie paired with his navy blue plaid pajamas I remembered from a while ago.

It was obvious that he didn’t notice my presence. I was about to call him when the oven dinged and he took something out of it. When he finally turned in my direction, I noticed a toasted bread in his hand which he quickly placed on the plate on the counter before blowing his fingers. The bread must have been hot. My lips unconsciously made an upward curve at how cute he looked but then it disappeared when noticed me.

We gazed at each other for a few moments before he decided to check on my entire appearance by looking at me from head to toe.  

“You better have a good excuse showing up looking irresistibly y in a bathrobe in my kitchen…” He trailed off as he made a few steps to where I was standing. “Or else I’d think that you will get rid of my clothes again.”

I gulped, realizing how careless it was for me to be wearing just a bathrobe. I couldn't blame him if he thought I was trying to imply something intimate here. Meeting his gaze, I got distracted for a second, almost forgetting why I stormed here in the first place.

Baekhyun and his gazes, add the teasing smile on the corners of his lips…my poor brain lagged.

I was in a bubble, my eyes watching his every step towards me. When he was next to me, he held me by the waist and spun me around until I was leaning against the counter. Letting go of me, he placed his hands on the counter and held my prison in between. My cheeks slowly started to feel hot due to the way we’re positioned right now.

Baekhyun and I plus kitchen counters...

I knew I should’ve gotten used to moments like this with the number of times he had cornered me like this before but he’s Baekhyun. No one would ever get used to his presence.

And as if what he did wasn’t enough to make me feel very conscious, he leaned closer as he brought his mouth under my right ear, his lips slightly grazing on my freshly showered skin.

“Mm…my shampoo never smelled this good.” He said, his low voice activating the already wide awake butterflies in my stomach.

My hands, having a mind of their own, automatically held on to the tie of my robe to make sure they won’t give in. Biting my lower lip and shutting my eyes, I fought the urge to wrap my arms around his neck. Shaking my head, I thought of an escape.

“Did we do it?” I asked, not minding if it was a little too straightforward.

I was welcomed by his baffled expression. His forehead creased, eyebrows furrowed.

“Did we do what?” He asked, his tone changing into a more serious one.

Oh gosh, there’s no way I’m going to explain to him what I mean.

Feeling awkward, I cleared my throat as I attempted to break free from him but he refused to remove either of his hands. I remained on the same spot. Desperate to avoid his magnetic gaze, I darted my attention on his knuckles that were almost white as he held tightly on the counter.

Why was he exerting that much force though? It was as if he was mad.

“Did we do what?” He repeated, this time firmly and his voice demanding a response.

I honestly felt tense. How do I explain this to him?

“You better talk.” He threatened, his lips forming into a thin line. “Or else I’ll clear this counter right now and make love to you right here.” He said as he hammered a hand on the counter.

I almost choked at his words, my eyes growing wide as my body emanated a different kind of heat. I panicked and the next thing I knew, I bent my legs down and hurriedly escaped from him. I did it so fast, I tripped, my landing straight on the floor.

Ow! I groaned before I absent-minded checked on his reaction as if it was a priority. Still, in the same position, he looked at me in awe. He must be thinking how much of an idiot I was. He might be contemplating, no scratch that, he must be regretting why of all people, I was his girlfriend.

I can’t blame him though.

The serious look on his face transformed after a split second as he seemed to try his best to stifle a laugh. Removing his hands from the counter, he momentarily shut his eyes closed as if trying to compose himself. His hands were on his waist when he turned to me.

“How dare you look so hot and cute at the same time, are you ing trying to kill me?” He asked, letting out a frustrated sigh as he raked his hair with his fingers. “Am I a joke to you Park Hae Won?”

I was a bit taken aback, especially with the way he said my complete name in such firmness. He, I was sure, glared at me and it sent shivers down my spine.

Why is he so mad? I tripped, it wasn’t a crime, right?

I nervously watched him and I saw how he bit his lower lip. Then his eyes fell on my exposed leg which I happened to just notice now. Like a child scared to be scolded, I stretched an arm to fix my robe to cover my leg but to my surprise, he appeared right in front of me all of a sudden…holding my hand, completely preventing me from covering my leg.

I slowly looked up to face him, disregarding the pounding behind my chest. The next couple of seconds were too quiet I could hear our breaths.

Opening my mouth, I realized I didn’t even know what to say, so I ended up closing it again. I heard him sigh as he tilted his head down before he startled me by scooping me in his arms from the ground and making me sit on one of the high stools. His eyes were piercing as he gazed at me, making me forget how to breathe for a split second.

The way I get so speechless and my breath hitches when stares at me like this.

I momentarily looked away only to turn to him once more when I felt his hands on the collar of my robe. I saw his eyes linger on my neck before fixing my robe as it had loosened due to my lame acts a while ago.

Right after doing so, he turned around and went back to the other side of the counter. He opened a jar of butter and spread it on the toasted bread.

What was that? I waited for a whole minute and just observed him but then he never talked again. He wasn’t even paying me a glance.

“Baek…” I hesitated.

“Yeah?” He answered without looking at me.

Why does it feel like I did something wrong? What did I do exactly? Why do I feel guilty?

“A-are you mad?” I asked in a cautious tone.

He didn’t answer.

I thought hard of a way to get his attention because by the looks of it now, he seemed determined to ignore me.

“Uhm, I’ll go get dressed for now and come back later,” I stated, silently hoping he’d stop me but realized how wrong I was when he didn’t even budge as I attempted to leave the kitchen.

I stopped a step away from the door and turned to him once more but it was as if he couldn’t see me.

My god, I can’t believe we’re acting like this the very next day after his fan meet.

He was mad at me and I didn’t know why. He was all sweet to me when we woke up, even held my hair up while I threw up in the bathroom, set the shower so I could take a warm bath, and now he was acting as if I committed a grave mistake. It wasn’t because I was too clumsy to hold my balance, that I was sure.

Filling my lungs with air and though convinced that I’d make a total fool of myself, I brought my hands to my head and acted like my head was throbbing. I let out a fake groan but I still couldn’t hear him rushing to me.

To my peak embarrassment, I found him gaping at me. One eyebrow raised looking like he knew how I was faking the whole thing. Letting out of a sigh, I stomped towards him. With every step I made, I felt anger building inside me.

“Baekhyun!” I exclaimed, half yelling as I slapped him on the shoulder.

When he turned to me, I glared at him.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked.

“What’s wrong with you?” He asked me in return, obviously annoyed as I was.

My hands formed into fists on my sides as I tried my best to calm myself. All this sudden spur of emotion was making my headache again. I hated that smug look he was giving me right now too.

“Last night,” I said firmly.

“What?” He asked in a challenging tone.

Oh my god, I hate him so much right now I want to just storm out of the room.

Taking a deep breath as to hold on to the last ounce of control I had left in me, I spoke once more.

“If you have a problem with me wearing a bathrobe in your kitchen then I have a problem with you giving me these,” I said breathlessly before I showed him the marks on my neck and collarbone by tugging the collar of my robe away.

His eyes darted on the marks as if he knew what I was about to show him exactly. He just looked at them but I noticed how his grip on the jar tightened. Honestly, it kinda scared me in a way. He looked extra handsome and y when he’s mad but intimidating nonetheless.

I don’t get why he’s being like this. He could just tell me so we could get over it.

Then he exhaled as if he had been holding his breath this whole time, tilted his head away for a bit too.

“You can’t remember anything last night huh?” He sounded smug, frustration was written all over his face as he set the jar aside.

“I won’t ask if I do,” I answered quickly, unable to hide the sarcasm in my tone.

“Well, that’s too bad…” He paused, momentarily looked away, his chest heaved as he took a deep breath before glaring at me. “BABY PARK.” He said with gritted teeth.

Baby Park? Huh??

I felt my forehead creasing, confused.

“Baby Park?” I scoffed. “What kind of nonsense is that?”

He scoffed, shaking his head. Totally forgetting about the food he was making, he faced me. He shoved both of his hands inside his pockets, clearing his throat with a challenging eye gaze.

“You can’t remember how you sulked like a baby telling me that you dislike it when I call you Park Haewon and asked me to call you BABY Park instead?”

What is he talking about? Baby Park? Just the thought makes me cringe.

 “You can’t remember how you made fun of me in front of my cousin and my best friend telling them how you kicked in between my legs when we first met? You seemed pretty proud of it by the way.”

Oh! I saw how his Adam’s apple moved as he gulped.

“Or how you were so clingy telling me you love me and yelled at me when I didn’t reply.”

No, I didn’t do that. Not in front of Soo Ah and Kyungsoo.

“W-what are you t-talking about?” I denied it, my voice was small, and unsure of my argument.

I was lost in my thoughts too, denying his remarks when I heard him smirk.

“You also probably don’t remember how you stripped me off my clothes impatiently while we were still in the hallway…”

The way my heartbeat grew wild when I heard his every word. Blinking my eyes, I got distracted when he spoke once more.

“Kissing me hungrily like you couldn’t get enough of me then having a breakdown talking about the fan meet which was so uncalled-for by the way and melt in my arms like an absolute baby.” He paused as he raked his hair with his pretty fingers.

My god Park Hae Won, I scolded myself.

“The way I was already so , ready to go all out for you…only for you to turn soft.” He swallowed, his eyes were piercing. “Damn, I hated you for a second.”

I would hate myself if I were him too.

“But then when we’re in the room sitting on the bed after you were done crying you went back to being aggressive, grabbed me, and kissed me all over again, telling me how happy you were because everything turned out fine. So yes, to answer your question we did it.” He said firmly, emphasizing the last three words of his sentence.

I could only freeze in front of him, trying my best to hold his gaze.

“We did it and it was so great!” He hissed giving his lower lip a quick bite before he went on.  “You were so great I lost my mind while we’re making love.” He trailed off shutting his eyes closed.

My head suddenly throbbed as flashes of us kissing, I on top of him, flooded my head.

OH MY GOD. WE REALLY DID IT. I gasped.

“Everything about it was amazing. Your every move…damn…Park Hae Won.” He hissed once more as he brought his hands to brush his hair away from his face, his forehead on full display for a whole thirty seconds while he stared at me quietly.

“You’re the only one who made me feel this way.” He swore as his hands fell limply on his sides. “You kept calling for my name and telling me how much you love me and I liked it so ing much.” He added, his jaw clenching by the time he stopped talking. “, I’d do anything to make you remember last night.”

Still dumbfounded, I could only stare at him the whole time.

“So yes, I’m mad.” He said in a low but authoritative voice. “Because it’s unfair how I’m the only one who can remember how great last night was…” He added exasperatedly, his chest heaving as he breathed hard.

Of course, my brain couldn’t focus.

“You even kept saying yes and I didn’t know why but if I were to believe my delusional self, I’d think that you were saying yes to getting married to me.” He sighed.

What.

“But it doesn’t matter.” He shrugged looking disappointed as ever. “Even if you meant it that way, it wouldn’t count because you don’t recall any of it now.” He went on as he sat on the stool in front of me.

I was in shock with everything he just said. A small part of me regretting why I asked in the first place. How much did I drink last night?

“Now, tell me should I be happy about it?” He added making me snap out of my thoughts as he momentarily met my eyes before looking away. “How could you get drunk, made me feel that way then show up here in the kitchen in a crazy y bathrobe asking me if we did it.”

As he tilted his head down, I felt guilty. It must be so frustrating.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered automatically as I moved closer to him until I was standing in between his legs. “I’m sorry.” I apologized once more, slipping my arms around him so I could hug him. “I’m sorry I can’t remember what happened last night.”

I heard and felt him sigh while I hug him.

“Don’t hate me,” I added, my voice soft and pleading, determined to be forgiven.

He sighed once more.

“Can you at least remember how you said you love my broad chest so much you want to live here forever?”

My eyes grew wide not just because he said it but because I know for certain that he wasn’t making this up.

“I said that?” I asked, leaning away.

“Forget it.” Frustration was written all over his face, sulking.

I felt him gently push me away from him but I resisted by leaning to hug him again. This time tightly as my hands met behind his waist.

“Well, I love your broad chest and I indeed want to live here forever,” I said, hoping my words would somehow pacify him.

He straightened his sit and I felt his chest expanding before me as I leaned on it.

The corners of my lips turned upwards at his reaction. However, he still hadn’t replied so I decided to ask.

“What else did I say?”

Clearing his throat, he finally answered.

“You said that I’m a great kisser.”

Biting my lower lip, I felt my cheek grow hot but I nodded nevertheless.

“Well, I guess you’ve learned a lot from me then.” He added.

This time, l leaned away once more as I looked at him unbelievably which I realized was a bad idea because I felt myself blushing more as I met his eyes.

“My brain lags when you kiss me and all I could think was how good your lips move against my own. The way they taste with lipstick and even without.” He explained. “And I hate myself for not finding you way sooner than I did. In that case, we could have been kissing each other for years.” He added, a hint of a smile on his beautiful mouth. “I’m an idiot.”

His last remark made me let out a small laugh. This man, oh god. 

“I should’ve come to Korea way sooner if I only knew…” I answered giving in to his antics. “I guess I’m an idiot too,” I added, stifling a laugh.

We gazed at each other for a brief second before we burst out laughing.

“God, I love you.” He muttered as he pulled me closer into a gentle hug, burying his face on the crook of my neck. “I ing love you so much.” His lips touched my skin as he spoke.

Smiling, I couldn’t be happier.

“I love you Baekhyun.”

Breaking the hug, he made me sit between his legs on the stool as he handed me the juice he made. I had second thoughts taking it from him knowing how it would exactly taste.

“You’re not going anywhere until you finish this glass baby.” He told me as if he just read my mind.

Sighing in defeat, I took the glass from him and drank it, my brain convincing every sense in my body to endure the taste and the smell of the drink until I finished it.

“So you can’t remember why you said yes to me many times last night?” He asked all of a sudden.

Biting my lip, I shook my head.

A lie.
It was a lie because even if I couldn’t remember last night, I knew why I said yes to him.


*.☽.*

About an hour later, we were both in the living room, decorating his huge Christmas tree fresh from the storage room. My stomach hurt laughing because he kept tossing unnecessary decors at me. Since the tree was a bit high, he also took out a foldable ladder I could stand on for me to reach the upper side. While I’m on it, he kept tickling my sides leaving me struggling to keep my balance steady.

Setting the gold star on top, I took a deep breath as it looked pretty up there. I chose the gold decorations balls and Christmas lights which perfectly accented with the dark green tree. It looked simple and had a mainly aesthetic.

I was pretty satisfied with the outcome and was about to get down the ladder when I heard Baekhyun asking me to jump which I easily dismissed by saying no before I climbed down the ladder. I was on the second to the last step when I felt his hands on my waist, completely taking me by surprise. My body jerked as I was startled, causing me to lose my balance right away. I clung onto his shoulders and for some weird reason, we were both falling.

Shrieking in the process, I almost hit my head on his forehead as we landed on the floor. I heard him groan the moment his back hit the carpeted floor of his living room. Still startled, I gazed at him. His nose was scrunching probably due to the pain in his back.

“Are you okay Baek?” I asked, worried.

“Ugh.” He groaned with eyes closed. “I think I broke a bone.”

He sounded a bit exaggerating, to be honest.

“I’m getting the idea that you like falling on top of me.” He added, opening his eyes and meeting mine right away.

“What? No.” I denied quickly as he earned a slap on the arm.

“It’s fine really. I understand you can’t help but FALL FOR ME.”  He ended his crazy remark with a cocky smile.

I rolled my eyes at him.

“Just don’t kick me down there again.” He stated, almost laughing.

“Uhuh? What if I do it, then?” I replied, teasing him.

“If you care about our future little ones, you wouldn’t do it, sweetheart.” He retorted, his voice low and y as he lifted a finger to boop my nose.

There he went casually talking about babies again. This man, he didn’t know how talks like this give me so many feelings.

Feeling awkward, I attempted to get up but his strong hands had other ideas by stopping me as he wrapped them around my waist.

“Let’s stay like this for a bit.” He said gently, his eye gaze giving me sentimental thoughts. “The floor is so warm, you’re also warm. This is so good mmm…” He added, adjusting his position beneath me without breaking the hug.

I saw the corners of his lips turned upwards as he tightened his embrace around my waist. An instant rush of coziness made me lean my head on his chest. Closing my eyes, I realized how right he was about this, it felt so good. There were a few moments of silence before I heard him speak once more.

“I’m over the moon right now.” He paused to take a deep breath. “With you and my fans’ support, I feel like I can do absolutely anything.” I felt his hand rubbing the back of my head gently. “I’m so happy, no actually it’s an understatement...I’m beyond happy. I feel so blessed yet so undeserving.”

His last word made me open my eyes, lean away a bit so I could face him. How dare he say that he was undeserving?

“You’re blessed and you deserve it Baekhyun. You deserve all of this, there’s no other way to put this. You’re a good person that’s why you’re loved by many.” I told him, wanting to erase the thought off his head. “Do you understand?”

He let out a soft laugh as he nodded, urging me to lean closer once more.

I rolled down and settled beside him, his arm being my pillow, my eyes darted on the matching red socks we were both wearings. He took it out of his closet when we were getting changed a while ago and insisted we both wear it since it suits the occasion. Honestly, they felt cozy and nice so I was kinda thankful he thought about it. It’s sweet too.

“This is the most beautiful Christmas tree I’ve ever had.” He said, catching my attention.

I first looked at him before turning to the tree. Since we were still on the floor, the tree stood towering. The Christmas lights were flicking giving the tree a magical feel. The minimal gold balls were glistening in slow motion due to the lights. Satisfied, I smiled.

“Perks of having an interior designer girlfriend.” He added while I felt his eyes on me.

Facing him, my smile grew wide before my lips automatically closed to welcome his quick but steady kiss.

“Well, you can hire me to be your interior designer if you want,” I suggested as I snuggled against him by wrapping my arms around him, seeking more warmth.

“Nah.” He disagreed.

“You won’t?”

He shook his head.

“Why hire you when I can marry you instead?” He replied sounding so casual as if it was an automatic response to my question.

The mention of the words marry you made my brain lag for a second, unable to give him a proper reply other than gaze at him. How he mentioned our future babies and marrying me so comfortably like this made my heart feel so warm.

Marrying him…oh god.


*.☽.*

It was after lunchtime when he got a call from Manager Kang telling him that they needed to go to the company. He expressed how much he didn’t wanna leave but we both knew that he had to. I helped him pick which clothes, shoes and watch to wear for the meeting. Honestly, he could wear anything and still look so fine.

We were on the door and he stood so gorgeous in a black turtle neck, black pants paired with simple white sneakers accentuated with a perfect long, rust overcoat. His hair showed a bit of his forehead and eyebrows which I loved of course.

“Don’t make me miss yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter