Fangirl's Blessing ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20:


 




*.☽.*

 

9:12 AM

It was that familiar fragrant manly scent that caught my attention the moment I woke up, making me fully aware of his presence in my room, inside my arms. My eyes were still closed but my other senses were slowly becoming aware of my surroundings. I could feel his body next to mine, his arm around my waist, his face buried against my neck, with his lips slightly touching my skin. How his soft lips ended up that close to my neck, I didn’t know. All I knew was the fact that we were snuggling against each other perfectly right now.

I would’ve wanted to sleep more on a morning like this. It was cold and the warmth his body was giving me enticed me to go back to sleep right away. It was like sitting in front of the fireplace on a wintry day but a thousand times better. Okay, maybe I was exaggerating but that’s how I exactly feel at the very moment.

Yah, Park Hae Won, would you please behave yourself? You’re at your Aunt’s house! My killjoy subconscious just knew how to burst my bubble.

I opened my eyes and was welcomed by the instant realization that everything was indeed real. Not that I thought I was dreaming, though I still tend to think that way. I leaned my head away a little so I could take a peek at his sleeping face and found him looking at peace. 

Then, as if Baekhyun got a signal, he moved. He brought an arm right over my waist to gently pull me closer.

“Baek…we need to wake up… We’re at my aunt’s house.” I informed him.

He murmured something in a way that only a baby would understand.

“Baek… We have to go talk to her now. She must be waiting.” I reminded him once more.

He groaned.

“But I like this...” He protested sounding like a total baby while he buried his face against my neck.

“Baekhyun…” I scolded him, slightly trying to remove his hand from my waist but he resisted of course.

“But I love you.” He reasoned out and I could imagine him pouting until I felt his soft lips making contact with my skin for a brief moment.

I paused and swallowed at the realization that he just kissed my neck but he didn’t seem to give attention to my reaction because he even pulled me closer to him even though there was zero space between us already.

“Baek-” I tried to talk him out of it but ended up being cut when he leaned away a bit so he could meet my eyes.

“You know, you’re supposed to tell me you love me too. Right?” He said in a matter-of-fact tone, one eyebrow up and ending his statement with a slight pout. “Unless you don’t.”

Gosh, how could this man be all grown up and still be this adorable?

“Ugh, stop being cute Baekhyun,” I replied sounding a bit more amused than annoyed. “But yes, I love you,” I added, obviously falling for his antics.

“Of course you do.” His pretty lips formed into a proud and crooked smile.

Oh god, what is going on inside his head again? I got a little scared when I recalled what happened last night. Especially when he-Oh gosh, I could feel my face blushing again. So, before he could even make a crazy move, I slightly pushed him away from me so I could get up. I was already sitting and was about to stand on my feet when he pulled me back to him once more.

In a blink of an eye, my upper body landed on top of him, our faces were inches away from each other, leaving our noses almost touching. My heart, of course,e started to beat exaggeratedly, perfectly paired with my already heating face as our eyes met. His hand let go of my wrist to gently brush his fingers against my hair, tucking them behind my ear. Then he proceeded to caress my cheek delicately. It felt so good, I had to close my eyes to appreciate and savor the moment.

“What have you done to me?” He asked softly, causing me to instantly open my eyes.

His beautiful brown orbs met mine for a second before he darted his attention to my lips and then to the other parts of my face. His other hand found its way to my face as well, perfectly cupping my face with his both hands now.

“It’s crazy how I can’t stay still at a place that’s miles away from you for so long.” He paused, a subtle smile on his lips. “All I could think about is you. How you smile shyly while you blush, your voice, and even just the way you say my name.” He added, his eyes never leaving mine. “I hate not being able to talk freely about you. I hate not being with you.”

“I hate it too,” I muttered absent-minded but meaning every word.

I was so drawn to him right now that the next thing I did was press my body against him for a hug. Unfortunately, or maybe, fortunately, totally forgot about getting out of bed.

I appreciate the fact that he’s being all honest and how straightforward he was when it comes to how he felt about me. And for one moment there, it warmed my heart. I didn’t understand but it also kind of made me sad that I even felt like crying. But then again, as if the universe wanted to remind us that we are in an inappropriate situation, there came several knocks on the door.

My body jerked as I automatically, lacking so much grace, moved away from Baekhyun to stand on my feet. I brushed my hair away from my face trying my best not to panic before straightening my pajamas, my head filled with the thoughts of Aunt Sunny at the doorstep.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was still lying and seemed to have frozen on the floor. My eyes widened as I asked him what he was doing.

“Well, what should I do?” He answered quickly, making sure his voice was low and wouldn’t be heard by the person at the door.

“I don’t know just…just…” I hesitated, unable to come up with something. “just…”

He was looking at me, forehead slightly creasing as he waited for my words.

“I don’t know-” I gave up.

Knocking.

I hurried to the door and the moment I had my hand latched on the knob, I glanced at Baekhyun and found him with his eyes closed, evidently resorting to pretending to sleep.

I took one last breath before finally opening the door and to my surprise, it wasn’t Auntie. It was Ji Hye. It was just her but for some reason, my heart still pounded at the sight of her looking up at me, her eyes full of questions. She had a backpack and seemed ready to go somewhere.

“J-Ji Hye…” I stuttered.

“Eonnie.” She muttered, still staring at me.

I looked away because somehow I felt guilty.

“I’m about to go to my academy class but is it okay if I talk to you before I leave?” She asked, her voice was soft… even sad. Maybe?

“Yeah,” I replied. “Of course.”

I paid a glance at Baekhyun who had his eyes opened now, looking a little worried before I finally stepped out of the room to talk to Ji Hye. I closed the door right behind me and wasn’t that prepared to face her yet when she spoke.

“Eonnie, why did you lie to me?” There was evident hurt in her voice and it made my heart ache a little.

I tilted my head down, already feeling anxious.

“Ji Hye…I’m sorry.” I struggled to say when I met her eyes. “I…I didn’t mean to lie to you. It’s just that I didn’t know what to do. No…the truth was, I was scared that you’d know about this.”

“Why?” She asked innocently.

“Because…” I paused to take a deep breath.  “Because he’s Byun Baekhyun. He’s someone very famous. And the fact that you’re his number one fan makes it so hard.”

“Why is it hard?”

 I sighed before opening my mouth for a response.

“I didn’t want to freak you out and I just don’t know how to tell you or your mom.”

She was silent for seconds and seemed to process what I had just told her.

“So...so that was you.” She stated. “The one on the pictures.”

I nodded.

Then, she looked like crying.

Oh my god.

“Ji Hye…I’m sorry.”

“Do you love him?”

I nodded.

“Does he love you?”

I gulped.

“Well…he tells me he does…” I trailed off when I heard the door behind me being opened.

I saw how Ji Hye’s eyes widened and I was sure that it was because of the appearance of his favorite celebrity.

“I do.” I heard him say and my heart almost skipped a beat.

Had he been listening to it all this time?

I felt him standing next to me, facing my cousin too.

“I love her.” He said and I was certain that he was gazing at me but I refused to look at him because I was busy concentrating on the heat spreading all over my face.

Ji hye was back to not moving a single muscle since she laid eyes on Baekhyun again. Oh, this poor thing. I guess it would take her a very long time to get used to his presence.

“Is it okay if I talk to you,” he hesitated. “Ji Hye?”

My cousin gasped, bringing a hand to cover , and spent a whole second shocked before she looked at me.

“Eonnie, did he just say my n-name?” She asked, stuttering a bit.

“I guess,” I muttered with a small smile.

She turned to Baekhyun once more and nodded in response to his question. Baekhyun bent his legs so could have the same eye level as her.

“What I’m about to tell you is very personal to me. Would you like to hear it?”

I watched her nod once more as I also grew curious about what he was going to tell her.

“I met your Eonnie up at the old hiking place. I always go there when I have time to spare. I loved that place because I used to go up there with a friend when I was about a few years older than you are.” He started as he paid a glance at me, probably asking for permission to go on.

When I nodded, he turned to my cousin again.

“So that day when I saw her, I was beyond surprised that there was someone up there too because I thought the whole time that I had the place to myself. Then some unexpected things happened and I got hurt.” I swore, I saw the corner of his lips turned up, probably recalling my stupid act of thinking that he was going to jump.

That scene always made me feel uncomfortable. It always does.

“She wanted to help me. At first, I was hesitant to let her do it because I should keep my identity a secret. But then, there was something different about her. She didn’t seem to recognize me even after seeing my face. She freaked out but I guessed it was because of my handsome face…” He smiled crookedly and made Ji Hye smile a bit too.

I almost rolled my eyes but seeing how engrossed Ji Hye was in his story made me forgive him because he was right. I remembered how I gasped after seeing his bare face.

“Later, she told me that she just came from Australia and didn’t know who I was. I was relieved and certain at that time that it felt so good to be with someone who didn’t recognize me. It was a rare experience. So, I didn’t tell her my name because I secretly hoped that she wouldn’t find out who I was.” He stopped to run his fingers through his hair and wet his lips. “I kept glancing at her that time...of course, I was trying so hard not to get caught because I knew she was doing the same thing too.” He let out a soft laugh and I almost hit him for his confidence.

Ji hye seemed amused and smiled as she looked at me for a brief moment.

“There was something else I was sure of that time…” Baekhyun said, getting her full attention again. “I liked her.” He took a deep breath. “Even though it was the first time I ever saw her. So, I prayed and prayed that I would see her again but then it took us about a month to finally meet for the second time. She said she found out who I am and started to act awkward around me. She was acting like the way you acted when you saw me last night, though she didn’t freeze.” He smiled at her. “Maybe because she wasn't my number one fan.”

Ji Hye blushed at his statement and it made Baekhyun smile widely.

“I guess what I’m trying to tell you is…” He sounded serious but gentle as he spoke to her once more. “Please don’t get mad at your Eonnie.”

His words moved me. This was the first time I ever heard him talk about me to someone.

“She didn’t do anything wrong. She didn’t tell you and your mom about us because of me. It’s not because she doesn’t trust you, she just didn’t want to jeopardize my reputation. It’s just the way it is for our celebrities. And I knew it was hard for her, keeping all of these from you and her family, and the fact that she’s so brave and is willing to go all through these makes me love her even more.”

The expression on Ji Hye’s face started to change, she looked like she was about to cry now and I was alarmed when I saw her already crying, her tears rolling down her cheeks. I bent my knees next to Baekhyun and held Ji Hye by the arm.

 “I want to be with her Ji Hye,” Baekhyun added as he lifted a hand to wipe her tears.

She stopped breathing. I was sure she did, she even looked at him with large eyes.

“Will you help me?” He asked in a way that sounded like he was subtly begging.

My heart hamm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter