Clothes in the Closet ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14:

 


 

 

*.☽.*


I was dreaming.

I opened my eyes and was immediately welcomed by Baekhyun’s face. He was gazing at me with evident fondness in his eyes. He was beautiful like he had always been. I wanted to look and appreciate every inch of his face but my eyes were still too heavy. I felt so tired and I was desperate for more sleep. So, before I knew it, I gave in and closed my eyes once more.

“Good morning baby.” He whispered and his voice sounded so good in the morning. It was like a melody causing my lips to curve into a smile.

“Morning,” I muttered with my eyes closed.

I felt his fingers tuck my hair behind my ear and I had to confess that every time he did that, I get the need to be inside his arms. And since this was a dream, I might as well forget about being shy around him. So, without bothering to open my eyes, I moved closer to him until my face was resting on his chest. I also nestled my arm around his waist as I comfortably snuggled against him. I had a feeling he was startled by my unexpected act and it took a few more seconds before I felt him hug me. His fingers played with my hair as he started humming.

Ah, this dream was so good.   

I could smell his scent, hear his heartbeat, feel him breathing next to me, and gosh…he felt so warm as always. The kind of warmth that I only get by being this close to him. It was like sitting in front of the fireplace in wintertime. It was comforting, it was satisfying. And I’d have to conclude that this has got to be one of the best things in the world. This moment even felt better than watching the sunset or gazing at the stars. Right now, it didn’t feel like he was the famous Byun Baekhyun that everyone adored. He was just being my boyfriend. My Baekhyun.

This dream was so perfect and I would do just anything just to make this last longer.


*.☽.*
 

It was that familiar throbbing pain in my head that burst my private bubble. There were also several kinds of pain emanating from the different parts of my body. I winced as they had resurfaced all of a sudden.

Oh god! Last night.

Scenes from what happened the night before flooded my thoughts, causing me to open my eyes instantly.  

Baekhyun.

His face was the first thing I saw. He had his eyes closed and I couldn’t help but notice the dark bruises on his face. One was right under the corner of his lips, the other one was right above his right cheek. I suddenly felt bad and nervous at the same time as I recalled the fight that happened between him and the guy from the bar.

Wait.

Baekhyun and I were in the same bed. We were cuddling like what we were exactly doing in my dream. How could this happen? I was still dreaming, wasn’t I? I pressed my eyes closed for a second before opening them again hoping that the scenario would change. However, everything stayed the same. Baekhyun was still here. I was in a room with my boyfriend and I couldn’t remember how I got there.

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

I rattled in silence or maybe not too silent that he noticed me. He slowly opened his eyes and right when he looked at me, panic has fully taken over my entire body. I pushed him away, maybe even kicking him in the process, sending him off the bed.

There was a loud thud before his groan filled the entire room as he fell on the floor. I sat up, my hands covering my mouth. I couldn’t see him because I remained frozen like a statue.

I was really in the same room with him. This realization kept replaying in my mind.

“Was that…really ne..cessary?” He asked in a muffled voice. “I think I’ve…broken a…bone.”  

Baekhyun groaned from the floor once more and it was just then I was able to snap out of my thoughts. I kicked him off the bed and he fell on the floor. It must’ve hurt. I hesitantly left my spot without leaving the bed. I went to take a peek with my arms resting on the edge of the bed.

“A-are you okay?” I asked him nervously as I saw him curling in pain.

His eyes were closed and he looked like he was hurt.

I got worried.

“Baek-” I wasn’t able to finish my statement when he, without warning, grabbed my wrist and pulled me down. My heart almost skipped a beat when I fell from the bed, shrieking in the process, and landed on top of him.

We both winced at the impact but met each other’s gaze right after. Our faces were so close to each other, the tip of his nose barely touching mine and I felt his hands meet at the small of my back. I was flustered with the position that we were in right now so I tried to free myself from him but he tightened his hold around my waist.

“Baekhyun…let me get up.”  

“No.” He muttered. “You’re not going anywhere just yet.”

I couldn’t come up with a decent reply after hearing his words. This man knew how to use his words because right at that instant, I stopped struggling to break free. I looked at him again and saw how his beautiful lips formed into a small smile.

“Do you remember the first we were like this?” He asked.

His question sent my thoughts back to the first time we met up at the old hiking place. Back when I didn’t know who he was. When we were still both complete strangers to each other. When all I knew about him was the fact that he was just the guy wearing a black bucket hat.

I momentarily looked away from him since I could feel my face heating slowly.

“Are you aware that you’re blushing right now?” He asked once more. “You have to know that my self-control gets so weak when you blush.”

His voice, gosh his bedroom voice sounded so y, I was scared to look at him again. My heart was probably beating so hard and there was a high possibility that he could hear and feel it pounding. I knew that I should’ve gotten used to moments like these with him but no, my heart and my body reacted the same way almost every time. Then I felt his hands move up to my back as he pulled me closer into a gentle hug.

“I wish all my mornings have you in it.” He said right next to my ear.

I relaxed in his arms. In fact, I smiled at his statement because I secretly hoped for the same thing. I would’ve loved waking up with his presence every single day. We stayed that way for about a few minutes without any words coming from any of us.

“By the way…” He said as he tightened his arms around me, finally breaking the silence. “You look really good in my shirt.” He added and I could almost hear a playful smile in his voice.

In his shirt?

“What?!” I blurted out.

My body twitched before I was able to successfully free myself from him. I moved and stepped away so fast that I was already standing in front of him. I looked down at what I was wearing. He was right, I was indeed wearing his shirt. It was a loose white shirt and it was quite big for me that it covered half of my thighs, and the sleeves were right above my elbows.

“W-why am I wearing your shirt Baekhyun?” I asked him right away as he was getting up.

He didn’t answer, he looked at me with his forehead creasing instead. I also realized that he was also wearing a white shirt paired with blue-ish plaid pajamas, barefoot. His hair was sticking up in all directions.

How was it possible for this man to look so hot in those? No, scrap that because that was unnecessary right now.

“Where are my clothes?” I looked around and it was just then I noticed where I was.

The room was spacious and as I roamed my attention around, I found the interior to be good. However, I was not in the right state nor this was the right time to pay attention to the details of the room we were in. But then a particular huge photo on the wall caught my attention. It was Baekhyun’s. It was a close-up photo that showcased his breathtaking side profile. He looked genuinely happy with a smile that reached his eyes. The photo was probably taken during one of his concerts be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter