Chapter 6

The Princess and The Ghost

                Sohyun and Daehyun arrived at the 8th floor of the hospital building. She went to the counter. “Can I know patient Jung Daehyun’s room?”

“I’m sorry, miss. For the time being, the family will not accept any visitor” the nurse replied. “Ah I see” Sohyun saw the hallway beside them were crowded with reporters. “Woah so many people”

“The media had been here for days. We can’t seem to do anything about it” “That’s Daehyun’s room?” “Yes, miss” “They must have cause you problem. Stay strong, miss” The nurse smiled in reply. Sohyun left her and approached Daehyun once again who was leaning against a wall quite far from other people.

“Your family doesn’t want any visitor” she sighed. “I knew it” he too sighed. His eyes went to the hallway full of reporters. “That way to my room, right?” “Seems like it”

“Well” Daehyun turned to go. “Let’s just give up. Maybe we can see my body other time”

“Yah, you kidding me?” Sohyun made him turn to her again. “We came all the way here and I don’t want to waste this opportunity”

“You still want to go in there?” “Yup. Don’t you?” “Of course I want but” he lifted his head to the reporters. “How do you expect yourself to go through those reporters?”

                Sohyun smiled. “Come follow me”

 

 

 

 

“Are we really doing this?” Daehyun who was walking behind Sohyun asked. “Yes we are” Sohyun who was in the cleaner outfit she borrowed from a cleaner lady replied as she pushed a trolley with cleaning equipment. The straw hat on her head shadowed her face. She walked pass the counter. A nurse saw her. “Ahjumma” she greeted her. Sohyun gulped and bowed a tad in reply. “You need to clean that wing, right? Let me help you go through the reporters” Sohyun nodded in reply without a word.

“Excuse me, sir. Can you make way for our cleaning lady?” the nurse directed the reporters to make some space for Sohyun to walk pass. “Woah, you’re so lucky, Sohyun” Daehyun who was sitting on the trolley smiled to Sohyun. The nurse helped opened the door using her pass card. “There”

“Thank you so much” Daehyun bowed to her numerous time. Sohyun bowed to her without a word. They watched as the nurse walked away. Sohyun rushed to a nearby toilet and took off the cleaner outfit. She fixed her clothes and tighten her bag strap.

“Alright, let’s go, Daehyun” Sohyun walked out from the toilet. “Let’s go!” Daehyun punched the air.

                The two walked through the hallway, trying to figure out which of the VIP room belongs to him. Sohyun turned to a corner and saw a few men standing out of a room. She quickly hid behind the wall. *Man that was close!*

                She exhaled and opened her eyes again.

“Who are you?” a voice made her looked up. A man in suit had his hand to his waist. Sohyun smiled sheepishly. “This is our guard” Daehyun told her. “Hyung” he waved his hand in front of the man but the man didn’t saw it. “Just let her go, can you?”

“You must be a fan. This area is prohibited from any outsider” the man voiced again.

“Well, I can explain” she stuttered. Sohyun took a step backward and her foot hit a nearby chair. “Come with me” the man pulled her but Sohyun held tightly to the chair. “No! Let me go!”

“Don’t you understand no one is allowed in this area!” the man snarled.

“Yah, put me down!” Sohyun knocked on his shoulder as the man carried her small being. Footsteps can be heard approaching them.

“Hey, you guys!” Daehyun was happy to see the guys. It was his band members.

“What’s going on here?” Himchan asked. “This one fan trespass” the man replied. “No I’m not!” Sohyun defended herself. “Guys, tell hyung to let her go” Daehyun voiced but no one heard him.

“Soohyun sunbae” Junhong recognised her. “Junhong-ah” Sohyun called as if she was about to cry. Everyone turned to Junhong.

“You know her?” Jongup asked. “Yes. She’s my senior at school” Junhong turned to the man. “Hyung you can let her down. She’s our guest”

                The man hesitated at first but eventually put her down. Sohyun once again was on the floor but lost her balanced and fell. Her eyes already shut.

“Sunbae” Junhong called. Sohyun opened her eyes to see herself landed in his embrace. Daehyun who was watching the scene crossed arm to his chest with a smirk. “You know Junhong is really awkward around girls”

“Sorry” Sohyun quickly stood straight. “Nah it’s okay” he looked away.

                She met eyes with the other members. She bowed. “Hello. I’m Yoon Sohyun”

“How can you come in here?” Yongguk asked. “I thought they are people guarding”

“Well, I have a way” she smirked. “Why are you here, sunbae?” Junhong asked. “Well…” she paused. Her eyes went to Daehyun. “I’m here to visit Daehyun”

“Do you know Daehyun personally?” “No”

                Daehyun glared at her. “Yah, just answer yes”

“I’m sorry but I can’t allow someone unfamiliar to see Daehyun” Youngjae voiced. He was about to go.

“Well, I’m actually here to tell you that Daehyun is going to be alright”

 “Who are you to talk about him? You don’t even know his condition” Youngjae replied coldly. “Youngjae-ah” Yongguk called. “Don’t talk to our guest like that”

“Tell them you can see me” Daehyun voiced. Sohyun turned to him in disbelieve but he was staring ahead at s. “That’s the only way they can listen to you”

 

 

“I can see him”

The members had their eyes to her. “What do you mean, Sohyun-ssi?” Yongguk asked again.

“Daehyun” Sohyun continued. “That’s not logic” Youngjae replied. “He’s inside and nobody since the accident ever meet him except the members”

“Yah, Youngjae. Can you just believe her?” Daehyun shook his shoulder but his hand went pass through his body.

“I know this will be the weirdest thing all of you will ever hear in your whole life but believe me” Sohyun looked into each of their eyes. “I can see his soul. He’s here. Daehyun is here”

“Soul?” Himchan asked. “You mean like ghost?”

“Exactly!” Daehyun exclaimed. Sohyun nodded. “Daehyun hyung had turned into ghost?” Jongup’s eyes was widened in shock. “Man, that’s scary!”

“But how can you see him? Like you’re not even close with him” Yongguk voiced. She shrugged.

“Tsk” Youngjae snickered. “You think we going to believe you?” he walked away.

“You think I went through all those reporters and about to being drag out from here just to listen you say that to me?!” she clenched a tight fist. “Believe me. Please”

                Daehyun stared at Sohyun. *Why are you trying so hard, Sohyun?*

“Yah, you think any sane human being will believe you? That you can see ghost?” he glanced before continued to walk. Sohyun took her bag and opened it. A shoe was thrown to Youngjae. It fell onto the floor and produced echo through the empty hallway. He halted his steps. The members gasped. “That is-“ Junhong paused. Youngjae bent down. He picked up the shoe.

“Daehyun wore that on the day of the accident. On that day, I was at the park near the accident place. I picked up the shoe thinking I’ll return it to the owner one day. But I’m afraid the owner will not survive the accident. So I hold onto the shoe and decided to find out the owner. Well, maybe that’s why Daehyun’s ghost came and haunt me. Because I have his belonging”

“Yup maybe that’s why I come to you” Daehyun nodded in agreement. “Agree, agree”

“Daehyun did come here with only one shoe on his foot” Yongguk voiced. “Does you returning the shoe will make his ghost disappear?” Himchan asked. Daehyun gasped. “I never thought like that”

“No” Sohyun replied. “I don’t think so. He still has some unsolved things to handle” she glanced at Daehyun.

“I’m here to relay his message” Sohyun said. “Daehyun wanted to tell you guys that he saw the driver’s face”

“He did?!” the members exclaimed in sync. “Yup” she stole a glance at Daehyun. “But the thing is he couldn’t remember the face”

“Yah, seriously Jung Daehyun?!” Yongguk replied. “Yea sorry” Daehyun rolled his eyes. “I’m sorry for not remembering”

                Sohyun smirked at them.

“Is there any possibility that he can remember the person’s face?” Jongup asked. “Of course I can! But it may take times though” Daehyun replied. “He said he can. But it may take times” she relayed the message. “Am I’ll help him recall the face. If possible”

“So we just need to wait” Himchan sighed but with a smile. “It’s okay. As long as the person is captured and punished”

 

“Since you’re here, sunbae” Junhong said. “Come let’s see hyung”

                They all started to walk. Including Daehyun. Daehyun turned to her. “What’s wrong?”

“Aren’t you afraid? Are you ready to see your own self?” she asked. “I’ll be okay” he nodded to reassure himself. “The members are here with me. And you’re here too” he walked ahead.

                Sohyun looked down. Her heart raced. In complete nervousness and fluttered a tad at his words.

“Sohyun-ssi” Yongguk walked to her again. “You okay?”

“Yes I guess” she exhaled to decrease her nervousness. “I’m so scared right now”

“Why?” “Don’t know. Maybe I’m not ready to see Daehyun’s condition. Because I had been seeing his soul” “His soul seems perfect I guess” “Not perfect. But I’m just afraid of his condition. I don’t know if I can handle this. Because I saw how he was badly hurt and how blood flood beneath him at the accident scene. It was horrible”

“Hey” he bent down to meet her eyes. “Daehyun is fine. Well, at least after the long hours of operation. He’s still recovering though”

                Sohyun stopped for a while. She gathered all her courage. She mustered a smile. “Alright let’s go”

                Yongguk smiled. Both of them walked towards the room before them.

“But do you really believe that I can see Daehyun?” she suddenly asked. “Yes” he replied. “You don’t see me as crazy?” He chuckled. “There are many unexplained things in this world. It’s our choice to believe a fact or not and for this case, I choose to believe you”