Chapter 5

The Princess and The Ghost

                Sohyun was in the car with Minhyuk driving it.

“I’m sorry for the earlier” she glanced at him. “I don’t know why I can’t seem to hit most target today”

Minhyuk nodded. “I don’t think you have any injury lately”

“Injury” her mind went back to the day Handong threw the ball to her.

“Don’t tell me-“ he turned to her. “Aish! That friend of you once hit you with the ball!”

“But I don’t think it would affect me” “Sohyun-ah, you should just go and check. It may seem like a minor thing to you. But now it could be the major factor you couldn’t pull your bow correctly” “And I have a big game coming” she sighed.

“Tomorrow go to the hospital and get your shoulder check” “But hyung” “Or you want me to go with you? You know I have issue with you” he narrowed his eyes at her. “Nah I can go there myself” she smiled sheepishly. “I promise I’ll go”

“Yea you really need your shoulder check. And your brain too” Daehyun who was at the back seat voiced. Sohyun glared at him for a short moment.

“But I’m worried you’ll get yourself trap by the reporter there” Minhyuk voiced. She turned to him again and tilted her head in confusion. “Why would I? I just go to get my shoulder check”

“Well you know about the news of your action lately. And then there is your family company” “Ah that. I’m sure I can manage tomorrow” “But many reporters are already at the hospital. You know about the band member accident”

                Sohyun and Daehyun met eyes for a while.

“The member is hospitalised there” he continued. “I’m sure the reporters wait there to get any news. I really pity his family. They couldn’t take care of their son with these people around”

“Do you think they’ll allow any visitor to come?” “Why would you want to visit him?” “Well…he’s my junior band member. I think it would be good to pay him a visit” “I’m not really sure if they accept any visitor. You should try ask tomorrow”

                Sohyun and Daehyun turned to each other.

*                             *                             *

                Sohyun was braiding her hair in front of her dresser with Daehyun watching her. She was in her casual clothes instead of her school uniform. “Did you tell Jieun about today?” he asked. “Yea” Sohyun replied. “I messaged her just now that I couldn’t come to school”

                Daehyun walked to stand beside the window. He stared out to the sky.

“Hey” she glanced at him. “You sure you okay?”

“Yup” “Or trying to be okay?” “Well I did try to be calm” “You might see your body today. And meet your loved ones” “But they couldn’t see me. What’s the point of meeting them anyway?” “At least your parents should know you’re alright” “Sohyun, tell me” he turned to her. “Do you think they’ll believe you if you tell them I’m okay” he pointed to himself. “Despite my physical being in the worst situation”

“At least they should know your soul is alright. Of course your physical need time to recover. Your loved one sure need to be reassure and believe that you can recover. They need to know they need to stay strong for you. And if anything bad happen, they need to believe it’s for the best”

                Sohyun stood before Daehyun. “Don’t worry. I’ll try my best to access your ward” She turned to go pack her bag. “Hey, Sohyun” he caught her attention. “If you can’t, I’m fine with it. I can just wait until I get into my body again one day”

“I promised to help you. So I’ll try my best” she smiled. Sohyun bent down to pick up her bag.

 

 

“Sohyun, I think I can give you a tip” he voiced. “Tip?” she stood straight again to face him. “Yea” he pointed to the shelf. At the lowest level of her book shelf, she had put his shoe that she found. She had cleaned it days before when Daehyun told him to do so. “Show that to the members. They might just believe you and let you enter my ward”

“You’re genius! I almost forgot about that” she bent down to pick up the shoe. He smiled proud of himself. “Well the members might be a bit…I don’t know how I can say this. Overprotective? I hope you don’t give up easily. They might behave that way because the agency asked them to handle this incident this way”

“I don’t think I need to worry about meeting your members” Sohyun turned to him. Her wore her bag to her shoulder. She smiled “I have you beside me, right?”

                Daehyun was stunted for a moment. He smiled and nodded. “Of course”

 

 

                Sohyun walked down the stairs. Doojoon who had his eyes glued to a piece of letter in his grip looked up to her.

“You sure you can go to the hospital alone?” he asked. She nodded. “Yup”

                Daehyun saw the paper he was holding. “That logo…”

                Sohyun followed his gaze to the paper Doojoon was holding. “What’s that?”

“Owh something from the office. I just noticed it in my bag. Looks like I need to settle this by today” he sighed but with a smile. “You’re ready to go?” he turned to her as he kept the letter away.

“Nae” Sohyun looked at her mother who was approaching them. She bowed to her. “I’m going”

“Alright. Be careful” Mrs. Yoon advised. “Call us if you need anything”

“Of course I will” Sohyun wore her shoes and went out the door. She watched as Doojoon filled the cat bowl with dry food. Jerry came and enjoyed its breakfast. Doojoon petted it with a small smile.

“Jerry looked slimmer day by day” Sohyun commented. “Maybe he’s sick?” Doojoon replied. “Poor thing”

“I wonder if he really sick” she turned to Daehyun. She jerked her head to the cat.

“You expect me to know about cat?”

                She nodded and pointed to the cat ears on his head. Daehyun snorted. “You think just because I’m half cat, I can talk to cat?”

                She nodded. He rolled his eyes. Daehyun bent over to Jerry. Sohyun watched him.

“Excuse me” Daehyun tried to catch his attention. Jerry didn’t bother to lift its head to turn to him. “Hello” he tried once again. Jerry lifted its head and gave him an annoyed face. “Do you mind, I’m eating here”

                Sohyun’s eyes widened. Both her and Daehyun were surprised. “Daebak! I thought you wouldn’t understand me” Daehyun exclaimed. “Yea if you want to ask anything, wait until I finish my breakfast, kid” Jerry voiced. “Yes, sir” Daehyun bowed.

“Let’s go” Doojoon stood. Sohyun followed him into the car. She watched as Daehyun stayed with Jerry. He waved her away and mouthed ‘I’ll come later’. She nodded.

                Doojoon sped away. “I’m so sorry I couldn’t go with you to the hospital. Like I’m super busy lately”

“Nah it’s alright, oppa” “Minhyuk messaged me last night. It’s about your training. Is it that really bad?” “Not really. I don’t feel any pain on my body. I’m wondering why I couldn’t draw my bow correctly too. After the check-up, I’ll inform you if anything weird happen” “Alright. Since you’re near the office, come have lunch with me later. But if you’re okay with late lunch” “Sure of course. I’ll go there after I settle everything”

                Sohyun stared at her brother for a while.

“Yah” Doojoon glanced at her. “What’s with you? You’re making me embarrassed”

“You must be tired, oppa. Your dark circle looks worse than last week” “Really? Does it look really bad?” “You bet” “Aigo” “No worry this weekend I’ll do some facial treatment for you” “Promise?” “Of course”

                Doojoon dropped her off at the bus stop. “Sorry I couldn’t drop you at the hospital. I have meeting somewhere else this morning”

“It’s okay, oppa. Good luck for today” Sohyun got out from the car. “Nae you too” Doojoon waved before closed the window. Sohyun watched as he drove away. She turned to the bus stop. It was empty.

                Sohyun took a seat there.

“Yah” Daehyun appeared out of nowhere that made her jolted. Sohyun sprang up. “Yah, Jung Daehyun! You scared the heck out of me!”

“Really? Sorry” he smiled sheepishly and sat with her. Sohyun narrowed her eyes at him and followed to sit. “So what did you two talk about?”

-Flashback-

                Daehyun waited as Jerry walked away from the bowl. He followed it to seat on top of the wall.

“So you’re new here, kid” Jerry voiced. “Yes, sir” Daehyun nodded. Jerry narrowed its eyes to the cat eat on his head. “Just what creature are you? A human or a cat?”

“Both, I guess” he smiled sheepishly.

“So what is that you want to know?” Jerry looked away.

“You heard Sohyun. She wondered if you are sick”

                Jerry turned to him in disbelieve. “You sure are new to this world, kid. Even cat should know if the other cat is sick” “Sorry I don’t know about it. I’m just a human who reborn as half cat. So I need to learn more about cat” “Tsk” Jerry glared at him. “Yea. I’m sick. And I know I can’t be around any longer. But don’t you dare tell my Sohyun that. I don’t want her to feel sad” “But should you tell her?”

                Jerry turned to him again. “Are you serious, kid? Sohyun will be sad”

“But she and her family will be ready to let you go, at least”

                Jerry sighed. “Will they able to let me go? I had been around for years. I remember one time that I’m not home for a few days and they came looking for me in the other neighbourhood”

“You sure attached to this family” “Yes I suppose. That’s why I don’t want you to play with Sohyun or her family. If you plan not to stay long, get lost. Don’t hurt my lovely Sohyun” Jerry narrowed its eyes to Daehyun.

-End of Flashback-

“Well you know just guys thing” Daehyun replied. “So I can’t know anything about it?” “No” “Aish. Do you expect Jerry to talk to me?” she pouted and ignored him.

                They waited for the bus and Sohyun boarded the bus. The bus drove through the busy road with Daehyun seating on top of the roof outside. Sohyun watched as his legs swayed freely from the bus window. *He must be enjoying the ride. Since he can’t do that before this* she smirked.

 

 

                The two entered the hospital.

“You should really try to sit out on the roof. It was ecstatic!” Daehyun exclaimed. Sohyun glared at him. She took out her phone and typed something for him to read.

| You crazy?! How can I sit like that?! I don’t want to die!|

“Awh I forgot that you are a human” he sneered. She gave him a glare before ignoring him again.

 

                Sohyun was having the check-up while Daehyun just walked around the hospital. He went from level after level. He arrived at a level. He looked to his side and saw the directory. “Morgue” Shiver ran down his spine. He slowly turned to the direction that was a hallway. It was empty at one point but suddenly he saw souls in many form rose out from the wall and ground and filled the hallway. Daehyun shouted as he dashed away from the hallway. He disappeared.

 

“Sohyun-ah!” he snarled as he ran into the room he left Sohyun before. He looked up to see he was already walked pass the curtain. Sohyun who was about to put on her shirt again turned to him. “Yah-“ she cupped not to let any scream escape her lips. “S-sorry” he quickly turned around. His face turned red. “I’ll wait for you outside” he ran out the room through the wall.

                Daehyun flopped down onto the floor. The image of Sohyun came into his mind. He smacked his head. “Yah, get that thing out from your head now!” Not long after, Sohyun came out the room. She glared at him. “You follow me”

                She darted away with Daehyun trying to catch up to her. She turned into the ladies’ room. “Yah, I can’t go in there” Daehyun voiced. “Just follow me” she replied. Daehyun followed her. The toilet was empty. Sohyun turned to him, arms crossed to her chest. “I hope you forget about everything that happen”

“But-“ “Just forget about it!” her face grew red.

                Daehyun noticed her face. “Yes. I’m sorry for barging like that” he stole a glance at her. Sohyun sighed and nodded. “Yea whatever. So what is it that you come looking for me?!”

                Daehyun told her what he just saw. Sohyun snickered. “Yah, you’re scared of your own species?” “But they are really scary!” “Alright alright. The result will be out soon. We’ll get out of here in a moment”

“While waiting” she met his eyes. “Let’s look for your body”