Chapter 3

The Princess and The Ghost

                Sohyun entered the living room. Mrs. Yoon and Doojoon were watching the TV. “I’m home” she sat between them. Doojoon and Mrs. Yoon turned to her. “Aigo, both of you must be tired” Sohyun started to massage their legs. “Sohyun-ah” Mrs. Yoon called. Sohyun sat on the floor and continued to massage. She smiled to both of them. “Feeling better?”

                Doojoon and Mrs. Yoon glanced at each other then smiled to Sohyun. Doojoon nodded. “Of course. Thank u, Sohyun” Mrs. Jung voiced.

“How’s training today?” she asked her daughter. “As usual” Sohyun replied. “Minhyuk hyung sent me home just now”

“You should invite him in for a while” he voiced. “I thought that too. But he just arrived today. So I guess he wants to rest at home as fast as he can” “Oh I see. You’re right”

“I heard about the company” Sohyun voiced.

“Oh” Doojoon mustered a smile. “It’s not a big deal. Since it was discovered quite early. But the culprit is still yet to be known. Investigation is taking place so we can only hope for the best”

“Aigo” Mrs. Yoon sighed. “I can’t believe someone could do such thing to the company”

“Omma” Doojoon tried to calm her down. “I promise you this thing will be solve and we can get our hands on the culprit. Appa worked hard to bring the company to where it is now, so I will protect it no matter what happen”

                Mrs. Yoon met eyes with him. She smiled and nodded.

 

 

                Sohyun walked up to her room. After took a hot shower, she sat at her study table. Sohyun immersed in her homework for hours. “Aigo” she stopped writing when she realised she was making errors. She crumpled the paper and threw the paper in the bin, covering the shoe before went back to her homework.

 

                She lifted her head and realised it was already almost 2 in the morning. She quickly packed her stuff and turned off the light, letting only her fairy lamp on the wall lit up the room. Sohyun laid in her bed and looked up to the fairy light that was arranged into the pattern of constellation Cetus. She smiled.

                Sohyun held her phone and scrolled through the social media. The video of her filled her feed.

“Aish why am I even open this?!” she continued to scroll, this time faster. But stopped when something caught her attention. It was the news on Daehyun. She read it.

*He’s in coma. And have little chance of survive. It was a hit-and-run case. And the police are still looking for the culprit* she sighed. *I just hope he’ll be fine*

“His shoes!” she was about to get up but paused. *Maybe omma came up and took the garbage out for me* she shrugged and put her phone away. *I better sleep now. It’s another long day tomorrow* Sohyun turned to her side and drifted into deep slumber.

*                             *                             *

                Sohyun opened her eyes slowly as soft sunlight disturbed her sleep. She was facing the window. *Already morning? I want to sleep more* she yawned as she stretched her body. She turned to the other side only to meet a pair of eyes stared at her. A loud shout echoed through the home followed by a series of footstep running up the stairs.

“Yah, Sohyun-ah” Doojoon tried to turn the door knob but it was locked. “You okay? What happen?”