Chapter - Four

Praise The Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

 

A loud huff, laced with clear whining tone, broke the silence of the wide chamber. Seokjin puffed once more before throwing the feather quilt off his body. Jumping out of the bed, the slightly shivering Omega walked toward the hunch figure sitting on the floor right in front of his bedroom door… guarding the Omega from foreign land Alphas, apparently.

 

Quickly, Seokjin lowered himself to sit beside Namjoon, right onto the cold floor. The Alpha’s originally close eyes snapped open, turning his head only to find the royal Omega sitting there.

 

“What are you doing here?” Namjoon inquired, his voice grouchy from sleepiness. “Go back to your warm bed Seokjin, the floor is too cold.”

 

“You remained on the floor yesterday night as well,” Seokjin complained, scrunching his nose cutely. “Why don’t you just come to the bed? Wouldn’t it be easier to guard me while sitting right next to me, huh?”

 

“You know very well why not,” Namjoon deadpanned, giving a side glare to the Omega.

 

“I would try to behave,” Seokjin whispered, eyes shining with innocence, which he- as well Namjoon- knew were fake. “My conscious doesn’t allow me to sleep while you sit here on ice cold floor.”

 

“I am fine,” Namjoon assured, his voice suddenly really gentle as he turned toward Seokjin. “You on the other hand won’t be if you keep sitting on cold for long. Think about your backbone. Now be good to me and go back to bed.”

 

“Not if you aren’t coming as well,” Seokjin retorted stubbornly. “I am gonna keep sitting here with you all night long, otherwise.”

 

Namjoon pressed his lips in annoyance and even tried giving Seokjin a look but nothing seemed to budge the Omega. A few minutes passed in silence, with either party staring the other down. In the end, Namjoon admitted his defeat and agreed to move places. Gently pulling Seokjin’s hand, the Alpha guided the Omega back to his bed. Seokjin scooted at other end of bed, leaving enough space for other however; Namjoon only opted to glower at him. Silently, the Alpha went to drag a chair to put right next to the bed before taking his seat.

 

“Namjoon,” Seokjin whined. “Jungkook told you to listen to me, remember? I am gonna tell on you tomorrow, I swear… unless you get in bed with me.”

 

“That I can’t do your highness,” Namjoon replied along a chuckle, enjoying Seokjin’s puffed out cheeks. “But I am off the cold floor and right next to you… I believe that’s what you wanted.”

 

“Oh trust me General this isn’t half of what I want,” Seokjin whispered in mild seductive manner, making Namjoon to almost choke on air. Suddenly the Omega was out of bed once more, anxiously looking around the room. “Isn’t here another chair? Got to give you company, right Namjoon?”

 

“Seokjin please,” Namjoon begged under his breath.

 

“Here is the deal,” Seokjin said, slowly walking back to the bed. “Stay in the bed till I fall asleep, huh?”

 

Namjoon contemplated the offer. On one hand he wanted nothing better than to make Seokjin return to the bed while on the other he couldn’t imagine betraying the Head Alpha by doing such a deed. But the Head Alpha wasn’t here while Seokjin was standing right in front of him, hands planted on his hips while a pissed off expressions covering his usually smiley face.

 

Once again, in span of less than one hour, Namjoon found himself giving into Seokjin’s happiness. The Omega seemed beyond giddy, his happiness was radiating when Namjoon sighed before slipping inside the quilt.

 

“You are gonna sit through the night?” Seokjin asked, incredulously once Namjoon sat against the headboard of bed. But the Alpha chose to keep his lips seal for the moment. “Please lay down… only until I fall asleep. Then you can go back to the chair, okay?”

 

Namjoon lay back on the bed, rather awkwardly. Grinning widely, Seokjin scurried toward the stiff Alpha. Tucking his head between Namjoon’s head and shoulder, Seokjin could only chuckle when the Alpha complained. Throwing his hand over Namjoon’s wide torso and a leg over his hip, Seokjin sighed in relief, like all the tension in the world left him.

 

“Go to sleep your Highness,” Namjoon tried keeping their status differences intact even till the last moment.

 

Inhaling Namjoon’s timber scent, Seokjin mumbled sleepily, “You never call me as ‘my Omega’, like other Alphas do… that makes me sad, my Alpha.”

 

It was silent for a moment before Seokjin felt Namjoon’s lips against the crown of his head before a whisper travelled over him, “Sleep… my Omega…”

 

Seokjin smiled before sleep lured him toward unconsciousness.

 

Namjoon laid straight, staring at the canopy of bed with Seokjin wrapped possessively around him. The Alpha should have known Seokjin was tricking him. The Omega never planned for Namjoon to slip out of the bed later. Unconsciously, Namjoon found a smile slithering on his lips as he pulled the Omega toward him.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

Jungkook’s footsteps were hurried as he tried to chase Jimin, but the elder male was faster than the taller Alpha anticipated.

 

Yesterday after the scenario in the woods, by the time Jungkook had snapped out of his trance the Alpha had run after Jimin, only to find the other man had already took his horse and left the forest. Confused and slightly agitated, Jungkook had spent a few more hours roaming the forest aimlessly. Things didn’t add up, yet Jungkook knew there were many secrets that needed their veil lifted before he can try and summarize everything. By the time he returned to the castle, it was already nearing evening time. However, Jimin was nowhere to be discovered. Jungkook knew it was useless to ask Park JiKun thus the Alpha opted to turn in for the night early.

 

The thing was; Jungkook wasn’t even sure if Jimin ran away from him due to the inappropriate kiss… maybe he was disgusted at the fact of an Alpha’s lips on him… or was Jimin hiding from him because of what Jungkook think he found out that day. Nevertheless, the petite Alpha was deliberately avoiding Jungkook; this fact became apparent in the morning as well.

 

Jungkook had seen Jimin coming out of the castle library as he walked toward the stables. On calling out the Prime Alpha’s name, Jimin had halted for no more than a second before sprinting down the corridor. Jungkook being stubborn had opted to chase him. However, the General found his way blocked by none other than his trusted sub-general Namjoon and his elder brother Seokjin.

 

“You both reek of each other,” Jungkook commented before the general greetings, his nose itching due to their mixed scent.

 

“We slept in the same bed,” Seokjin informed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter