Chapter - Three

Praise The Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE

 

The Castle of Axon Clan was smaller than the one Jungkook was used of, the Alpha mused as he walked down the long corridor. However, this castle was brighter than Jungkook’s own because the Axon Clan was situated at the bay of the Southern Forest, rather than Lexian Clan, which lived in the heart of the Forest. The air was different here too… something crisp and moist hung in the air, most probably due to the river flowing beside the main establishment of Axon Clan. It was with no doubt why all other Clans preferred the rice grown over this land, it was best for cultivation, perfectly fertile.

 

Jungkook hummed under his breath, luxuriously walking along the open end of long corridor. It was when he was going down stairs that he encountered a castle maid, hands filled with fresh laundry.

 

“Where can I find the Prime Alpha?” Jungkook inquired politely, making the maid to stop short in her tracks and look at Jungkook with something close to fear. Apparently Jimin’s father had filled every single Alpha or Omega living in the castle how the ‘scary’ guests of theirs were here to kill innocent Axon Clan people… which Jungkook would admit didn’t seemed far from the truth after the raid they did just a week ago.

 

“Umm… the Alpha is in the archery ring,” The maid stuttered, eyes down casted thus missing the kind smile Jungkook tried tossing at her.

 

“And where exactly is this archery ring?” Jungkook asked further, not familiar with the geography of the area.

 

The maid hesitated just for a second before muttering in a tiny defeated voice, like she knew she can’t possibly disrespect Jungkook, the future Head Alpha for all Southern Clans, “On west side of the stables.”

 

Jungkook tipped his head in a small graceful bow, a respect his mother taught him to be showed to every single Omega, no matter what their status is. With purpose Jungkook walked toward the indicated direction, a spring in his feet and back erect like any proud general.

 

Lots of curious eyes followed Jungkook as he made his way toward the archery ring, also inquiring a petite stable boy once Jungkook supposed a second-hand on archery direction won’t be unwelcomed. The archery ground was not as vast as Jungkook was used to; however, the place was nearly empty of occupants other than Jimin thus making it easier for Jungkook to walk further inside.

 

Jimin stood at one end, a bow raised to his shoulder and an arrow aimed straight to the targeted colored rings at the other end of the long archery arena. The Prime Alpha looked focused, but Jungkook knew the Alpha would have realized the presence of another by now.

 

“Raise your arm a bit more,” Jungkook spoke out of reflex. After all the training he had been giving to whelps of his clan, this was bound to happen. A sudden stiffness of Jimin’s arm didn’t go amiss by the General. “Your angle is slightly off. You would miss the bullseye in that pose.”

 

However, the prideful Alpha didn’t heed Jungkook’s advice. Keeping his arms in the similar manner Jimin kept taking the aim. Smiling to himself, Jungkook stepped closer. Feeling slightly daring, the taller Alpha reached from behind and wrapped his arms over Jimin’s before tilting them up just a tiny bit.

 

In a blink, Jimin jerked away from the touch.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” The Prime Alpha demanded, disgust evident in his tone.

 

“Just showing you the better stance of archery,” Jungkook replied, looking calm and collective, even smiling softly. “For a prime Alpha, it’s surprising to see your archery skills so rough at the edges.”

 

Jimin scoffed under his breath, almost rolling his eyes as he muttered, “Not surprising to see a Lexian conceited, like yourself General. Always thinking only they can be prefect, right?”

 

“Because we are,” Jungkook grounded, a cheeky grin pulling on his thin lips when Jimin looked appalled. “How about a little competition then, my Alpha?”

 

“I am not your Alpha,” Jimin stated sharply, eyes squinted.

 

Jungkook’s grin faltered a bit, but he ignored Jimin’s question as he explained further, “Ten arrows each. The bet is simple; the one to get most bullseyes wins. So what do you say Alpha?”

 

“What’s the prize?”

 

“Hmm,” Jungkook mocked a thinking posture, tilting his head as his eyes roamed over Jimin’s face; luckily, the other Alpha was staring across the grounds, not fretting to spare Jungkook a lone peep anymore. It’s something Jimin does a lot; Jungkook noticed the other night too, keeping his gaze inverted away from others. At first Jungkook had assumed it was only because of him however on closer look it became apparent Jimin didn’t bother keeping a direct eye contact with anyone at all. Jungkook heard hush whispers of people of Axon Clan around him, stating how the new Prime Alpha was too full of himself… too proud to spare the commoners a solo glance. “The one to lose fulfills victor’s one wish?”

 

“What kind of wish?” Jimin inquired suspiciously, side eyeing Jungkook.

 

“Whatever you would like after you win the competition, Prime Alpha,” Jungkook mocked slightly, egging Jimin to accept the challenge out of spite. Jungkook’s plan worked when Jimin nodded before snatching a bow from the ground, aggressively.

 

With the Prime Alpha of Axon in position, Jungkook opted to only stand and smile… patiently waiting for Jimin to settle his bow once more before letting go of the arrow. The swish of the arrow, as it teared through the thick morning air echoed in the large arena while Jungkook took a step forward and strain his eyes to observe the final result. The arrow barely made it to the edge of red bullseye, however it was considered as one point, Jimin’s smug smile screamed that as well.

 

Jungkook didn’t take more than a second before he was releasing his arrow. All those practices since the age of seven paid off as the arrow hit the center dead-on. Darting a teasing smirk, Jungkook step aside and graciously offered Jimin the place for his next hit.

 

Jimin missed the bullseye by a nanometer on his seventh hit. The Alpha paled readily. It was obvious to both of them that Jungkook won’t be missing even a single arrow thus it was apparent who would be triumph out of this competition. It might wound Jimin’s pride as Alpha to lose, but Jungkook had his own reasons to win this as well.

 

“I won,” Jungkook said shortly after his tenth arrow tore the previous arrow sitting snugly on the direct center of the target, while Jimin- under pressure- sent nearly all of his arrows, after the seventh one, askew. “You owe me a wish… Alpha.”

 

Jimin’s jaws locked in slight annoyance but Jungkook was happy to notice that the Alpha was man of his words.

 

“State your wish, General,” The Prime Alpha whispered sullenly, nose scrunched slightly. “As long as you don’t wish me to let you kill me, because my father is already being a little paranoid about that, I am willing to do anything.”

 

“If I wanted you dead, I wouldn’t have to ask you,” Jungkook clarified, with a hard look in his eyes.

 

“But you stopped that day,” Jimin asked, curiously lacing his words. “I wonder why?”

 

“That story is for another day, Alpha,” Jungkook tactfully changed the course of conversation. “As for my reward, I wish to explore the small forest spreading from Axon Clan’s Northern edge… and I would like it if you are my companion through the adventure.”

 

Jimin frowned, a small bafflement sheening on his face as he carefully observed Jungkook with a side glance, “Don’t you have Omegas to meet? I thought all you would be thinking about is finding your mate, General. I didn’t peg you for a person to go exploring magical forests out of whim.”

 

“That’s because you don’t know me, Alpha,” Jungkook murmured, getting slightly irked at being not talked to directly with a proper eye contact. Jimin’s forever high nose up in the air was irritating to say the least. “But you have no reason to question my taste in adventures. It’s a reward I earned fair and square.”

 

“Fine,” Jimin huffed, turning around to discard his bow and arrows on a bench behind him. “I shall see what time I can spare, and then I would let you know about it.”

 

Saying it like a dismissing statement, Jimin swirled around to walk out of the archery arena. However, Jungkook was quick to hold onto the Prime Alpha’s arm. Immediately coiling the man in his arms, Jungkook had the Alpha in his sturdy hold with Jimin’s back molded in his warm chest. Forcing his bow in Jimin’s hands, Jungkook guided the Alpha to raise the equipment.

 

“Never aim for the target,” Jungkook whispered directly in the other Alpha’s ear, his warm breath hitting the back of Jimin’s ear and making him to shiver in his hold. “Aim slightly higher… and don’t wait forever, let go before your real life target moves away.”

 

Inclining Jimin’s arms in the proper posture, Jungkook urged the Alpha to let go of the arrow. The piece of wood spun through the air before hitting the bullseye- spot on- of the furthest target in the archery arena.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

“Won’t the Prime Alpha be joining us?” Jungkook’s innocent question caused quite a reaction, unexpectedly. A hush silence fell over the long dining table, the small click clap of metal goblets and plates halted in a heartbeat. The previous Prime Alpha of Axon Clan stopped his spoon in the midway before he darted a dagger gaze toward Jungkook’s smiling face.

 

It has been four days since Jungkook and a handful of Lexian Clan guards had been playing ‘guests’ in the Castle of Axon Clan. Jungkook had already been introduced to thirty four Omegas- and still counting- till now. However, the Alpha had not spent more than five minutes in the presence of pretty Omegas before announcing he had not been able to feel the certain pull of imprint, thus bidding goodbye- as gently as possible- Jungkook would flee the place. Something, the previous Prime Alpha of Axon Clan- Park Jikun, as Jungkook had come to learn- was not so happy about. Consequently it wasn’t surprising that the older Alpha was always giving a stink eye to Jungkook.

 

“Not your concern,” Park Jikun snapped, returning attention to the warm broth he was spooning. “Do I need to remind why you are here, General? I heard you turned away my most trusted right hand man’s Omega daughter, after only two minutes. Somehow I was under the impression you were solely putting burden on our low cast Clan just for sake of finding an Omega. It doesn’t seem like that anymore.”

 

“Alpha Park, I value your concern,” Jungkook murmured silkily, trying his best not to offend the elder male. After all, the man- no matter how greasy and disgusting- was the father of the werewolf Jungkook ended up imprinting on. “However, I already discussed with my father, the Head Alpha. I am only looking for my destined mate. One look in the eyes of the Omega and I know where my heart lies. I shall keep looking for a bit longer, putting more burden on your conscious, I am sorry for that. But rest assure, the moment I have met all eighty nine unmated Omegas in Axon Clan, I would mount my horse and be on my way to my own clan.”

 

“If it takes only one look,” Park Jikun’s nostril flared for a moment. “Surely you can meet them all in one day, right?”

 

“Sorry but I would pass,” Jungkook replied, a little playfully. “Too exha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter