Chapter - Six

Praise The Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX

 

Jungkook had a spring in his step and a smile sitting on his lips as he glided across the stone corridor, flittering with the morning sunrays. The time has come now. It has been two days since the night Jimin spent with him, the next morning Jimin was thrown into supposedly ‘important’ meetings thus unable to grace Jungkook with his presence. Not anymore, though. Especially after Daiko, a trusted guard of Jungkook had rushed toward him in the early morning, slightly leaning down to whisper something important in Jungkook’s ear while the General patted his bronze stallion.

 

The monstrous metal door of Great Hall was thrown open, while Jungkook stood in the doorway. The Alpha’s back straight and sturdy with pride as he strutted inside the suddenly silent room. The long dining table was half filled; mostly the royal family and a few ministers sat consuming their breakfast. Jungkook was aware of the fact that he made a fairly dramatic entry right in the middle, but the Alpha couldn’t care less.

 

“The maid said you won’t be joining us,” Park Jikun’s venom filled voice echoed around the vast hall, however, Jungkook only smirked in reply as he came to stand before the elder man. “She said you sent her away from the chamber.”

 

“I am not here for breakfast,” Jungkook informed the table at large, voice calm. “I am only here to let you know, I am leaving.”

 

The instant happiness blooming over older Alpha’s wrinkled face was amusing to Jungkook, to some extent at least. He tilted his head, eyes locked with Jikun’s slightly cold grey ones, observing the antics of Alpha in a dominant manner.

 

“That’s good to hear,” Park Jikun was having a hard time keeping his excitement in check and his face straight, Jungkook noted. “But I was under the impression you won’t leave until you have met each and every Omega in our clan. Not interested in finding your mate anymore, are you?”

 

“Your concern is heartwarming,” Jungkook muttered through clutched teeth. Knowing a certain pair of eyes was watching him closely, so Jungkook reminded himself to talk with respect to his future… umm… father-in-law. “But you need not worry, because I don’t need to keep meeting the Omegas since I found a mate, my destine mate to say the least.”

 

“Really now?” Abruptly the elder Alpha’s face looked like he had on a lemon. “How… fortunate for you. When do you plan to leave then? And does the Omega leaves with you too?”

 

“Yes, he would leave with me, only if you allow,” Jungkook said in all formalities, bowing his head ever so lightly. “I would be on my horse as soon as the sun starts sinking.”

 

“Take whichever Omega you fancy,” Park Jikun waved away his hand in a dismissal manner. “If he is your destine mate, it’s not like I can hold them back anyways.”

 

“I was hoping you would say that,” Jungkook smirked before turning his face to his right, finding Jimin sitting as still as a statue on the head chair. “Come on Jimin, we are leaving in a few hours.”

 

“What?” “Jimin?” “Did he say-?” such questions and many more roared around the table, however, Jungkook’s eyes were fixed on only one man. Jimin his suddenly chapped lips before gracefully standing up from his chair. Many worried eyes snapped toward the pro-claimed Prime Alpha. Few scared and few confused at the current happening.

 

“Have you lost your mind, General?” Out of blue, Park Jikun was right in Jungkook’s face. The Alpha controlled his urged to knock out the older Alpha’s dirty yellow teeth, while the latter sneered at him. “I knew in the first glance you were not right in your mind. Whispers travel you know? I already heard things how the next in line Head Alpha never called in an Omega to assist in his ruts. How you never held an Omega with tenderness. I should have known your rotten brain would be defected somehow-”

 

“Do not insult my mate, father!” Jimin’s growl was loud and impactful. It rattled the goblets on the table as Jimin glared at his father with sizzling brown eyes. To say the older Alpha and other around him were render speechless would be an understatement. Park Jikun looked like he had been made of stone. Nevertheless, before any of them could say anything loud screams and shouts were heard from outside before a guard came rushing toward the Great Hall, crying for the Prime Alpha.

 

“Alpha! Alpha Jimin!” The Guard shouted at the top of his lungs, eyes blown wide. “The Head Alpha of Lexian Clan is here, accompanied by hundreds of warriors!! Alpha quick you must come! He is seeking for you.”

 

Jimin snapped to look straight in Jungkook’s eyes. One look was enough to confirm; Yes! The time has finally arrived!

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

The hush whispers created a buzz around the main area of Axon clan’s market, which was right outside the Castle’s wrought iron gate. The whole royal family of Axon and important officials stood in the middle of a clear patch while Head Alpha of Lexian Clan stood at one side- with his few trusted warriors behind him, unlike the guard had exclaimed ‘hundreds’ of warriors- while the rest of Axon clan’s commoners encircled the Royalties.

 

“What is the meaning of this invasion now?” Park Jikun screeched; teeth baring like he wanted to tear someone’s neck off. “First you came attacking in the dead of night! Now you stand with warriors in the broad day light too? What has our poor clan ever done to you?”

 

A rush of angry whispers arouse from the on-lookers, while a few villagers shook their fists toward the Lexian Clan.

 

Jungkook couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the previous Prime Alpha of Axon clan. Now he realized why the people of Axon worshipped Park Jikun- despite the man having a double standard even with his subjects, as Jimin had explained to Jungkook that night. Park Jikun didn’t care about sentiments of people; all he wanted was to carry on his family’s great ‘Prime Alpha for generations’ legacy. Yet the man had way with words, he easily manipulated others to stand beside him.

 

“We are not here to attack,” The Head Alpha’s booming voice was enough to mute the fast developing mob of villagers. “We are only here to serve justice.”

 

“And mind explaining why you are here to serve justice when our clan holds a Prime Alpha, who- as I believe- is supposed to decide punishment for the wrong-doers of his clan,” Park Jikun leered disgustingly. “Or did you change the law in your accordance, again, huh?”

 

“Not at all,” The Head Alpha laughed pleasantly. “But I am sure you would know, the law also states that Head Alpha would be involved if the Prime Alpha is to be punished. Thus I am here for you Park Jikun.”

 

“Me?” The older Alpha looked incredulous as he pointed a scrawny finger in his own direction. “But I am not the Prime Alpha anymore. I am merely organizing the finance of our clan. So unless you are here to punish me for refusing to supply rice crop at the menial amount you and other clans are paying us for our high quality rice, then I suggest you seek out our Prime Alpha first. Jimin? Where is Jimin?” The older Alpha looked around himself with wide and wild eyes before his eyes sought the petite blond male that stood among the commoners of his clan. “Jimin come here and deal with this insane Head Alpha.”

 

Jimin, however, stood with an almost bored expression, hands folded across his chest and eyes fixed on his father. Taking a deep sigh, the petite man took measured steps toward the center of the arena before swirling to face the Head Alpha. Jungkook, who stood on right side of his father, found his gaze locking with his mate before he darted an encouraging smile toward him.

 

“Park Jimin is not your Prime Alpha, his appointment was void since your clan didn’t seek permission from other Clans and I first,” The Head Alpha exclaimed, eyes burning with great intensity. “You are still considered as the Prime Alpha of Axon, Park Jikun. And I am here to announce your punishment.”

 

“At what grounds?” The other man screamed, flailing his hands around like he couldn’t believe the scenario happening in front of him.

 

“For deceiving your people,” The Head Alpha replied calmly but the roar of the crowd around them was loud enough, confusion and anger apparent in their tones. “For creating a lie to deceive the rest of southern clans too. For forcing an Omega to do something he didn’t wish for. For taking away the right of an Omega to mate.”

 

This time around Park Jikun didn’t screech or shouted, on the contrary he stood with his eyes skipping around, like he knew he was caught. It was apparent on Alpha’s face he realized the depth of this current happening, all puzzle pieces were falling on place.

 

While the Axon clan buzzed with curiosity, the Head Alpha raised a hand to silence them before saying, “I, Alpha Jeon, the Head Alpha of southern establishment give permission to my son, Jeon Jungkook, the General of our warriors, to decide the punishment for Park Jikun, since he is the one who was wronged and deprived of rights to hold his Omega mate in his embrace for so long.”

 

It was dead silent when Jungkook took a couple of measured steps toward Jimin, who stood in the middle rather awkwardly. Gently guiding the Omega to step beside him, Jungkook spoke to the people of Axon, considering many of them were still confused, “I was as wronged by Park Jikun as were you all people. Thus you- the commoners of Axon- have the right to punish Park Jikun. But first you must learn the depth of his crimes. Park Jikun has three Omega sons and none Alpha sons.” A collective intake of breath passed over the horde around them, but most obvious was the one created by ministers of Axon Clan that stood behind Park Jikun- they obviously felt betrayed. “Park Jikun, along with his brother Park Jihun forced Jimin to act like an Alpha when the latter didn’t want any of that.”

 

“That is not true,” Park Jihun, who had been silent so far stepped up to defend himself, however, one powerful glare from Jungkook stopped the man short.

 

“The both Alphas threatened Jimin with life of his younger siblings, didn’t they Jimin?” Jungkook turned to ask the Omega, urging him to say something. So far Jungkook had not fabricated any lies, thus it was easy for Jimin to nod without hesitation.

 

“It is true, I was threatened to agree to veneer as an Alpha,” Jimin’s voice was strong, as Jungkook had expected. The Omega was not planning to gain fake sympathy from his clan; on the contrary he was only stating the truth. “I was trained to sword fight, horse ride and other Alpha acts for years before I was introduced in the society, where I was warned not to meet any of your gazes, with the fea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter