One Day : 6

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s pastry business is booming and it’s largely thanks to his social media posts of his works and of course, word of mouth especially from his closest friends. He now have two staffs he hired ever since his pastry shop steadily acquired frequent customers, so Jin has enough free time to go out. But nothing much really changed. He did have time to leave his shop early but he chooses to go shop for ingredients and trying out bake shops instead of going out and meeting new people.

 

“Come one Jinnie! You now have enough time to go out, you can’t give us excuses anymore!” Jimin pouted, frustrated at his best friend’s introversion. He knew Jin was like that but it became worse when they became adults. 

 

“Sorry Jiminie.. I already scheduled this and I need to pick it up today. I promise I will go next time. And I’ll see you on Saturday anyway.” Jin hugged Jimin and spoke softly, which he knows Jimin can’t resist.

 

“Ugh. That’s different. You’ll be working there for sure.” Jimin sighed. “Fine. But if you ditch us again the next time I asked you to go out, I will be very annoyed and will not talk to you for a day!” Jimin threatened and huffed cutely and Taehyung just chuckled at how cute his boyfriend is. Taehyung knew his threats were a bluff. His boyfriend adores Jin so much he wouldn’t be able to not talk to him for a day.

 

Jimin and Taehyung left his shop after a while. Hours later, Jin gave instructions to his staff and left the shop early to go shopping for ingredients for the event he’d be working on on Saturday. 

 

His shop was located in his hometown, and the school principal in his old high school is a frequent patron and commissioned him to make pastries for a celebration on Saturday. He said it’s for an engagement. Of course he agreed, but he also wondered who’s engagement. His mind wandered off to that post he accidentally liked weeks before and he thought maybe it was them. Seokjin wasn’t sure what’s his problem. They weren’t friends. Their recent connection was just liking each other’s posts but somehow he feels uneasy. He shook his head and sighs and just continued to shop while looking at his list, when he suddenly bumped into a solid figure in front of him.

 

“Oh sorry my bad. I wasn’t looking.” Jin bowed apologizing.

 

“Seems you still have the habit of bumping into people huh Seokjin.” The other person said and Jin knew that voice. Only one person calls him by that name too besides his family.

 

Jin looked at the person he bumped into and saw a face he hadn’t seen for years and that hair. It’s still jet black but it’s longer and Jeon Jungkook looked different and cool and— Jin stopped his thoughts and blinked, and his instant reaction was a snide remark. Again.

 

“Well you still seems to have the habit of staying still on places where people could bump you. Jeon. Jungkook.” Jin said cockily and Jungkook just stared at him before laughing to himself and patting Jin’s head. “You really are still the same.” Jungkook said, his voice laced with something Jin couldn’t figure out, but it wasn’t a snide, he was sure.

 

That took Jin off guard. Jungkook wasnt that much taller than him. Only a few centimeters maybe, but he felt his face hot when the other patted his head and said that remark.

 

“So you’re getting ready for Saturday? I heard grandpa asked you to do the pastries. I’d like to taste them soon.” Jungkook smiled at him. He SMILED! Jin was awestruck. This guy just smiled at him and he’s not okay! Jin was absolutely thinking this guy might not really be Jeon Jungkook and some other clone who the real Jungkook made just to trick him. Jin was so preoccupied that he didn’t realize someone has joined them. He recognized that person.

 

She’s the one in the photo with Jungkook. And Jin felt something he couldn’t explain.

 

“Hi.” The girl with beautiful black hair and milky white skin greeted him and smiled. Jin smiled back and nodded and he looked at them and thought, “Ah, its really for them i guess..”

 

Jin didn’t want to be there anymore so he said his excuse and went past them. But before he could turn to the aisle, he went back.

 

“Congratulations by the way..” Jin said to both of them looking at each of them with a forced smile, lingering a bit longer towards Jungkook. Jin said his goodbyes and see you’s before he left again to continue his shopping.

 

Jungkook and the girl with him just looked at each other after and looked confused.

 

“Isn’t that THE Seokjin?” The girl with the black hair said to Jungkook.

 

“Yeah..” Jungkook said still in awe that he bumped into Seokjin.

 

“He’s cute. I like him.” The girl said. Jungkook snapped his head to the girl and glared.

 

“He’s handsome too and he cooks too. He’s perfect!”

 

“He makes pastries, Yoongi hyung.” Jungkook said tiredly. “Come on and your punishment is done already, why do you keep dressing up as a girl? Ugh. I cant take anymore all the guys you’re flirting with ogling at you and glaring at me.”

 

“Same difference.” Yoongi, apparently a guy, said and flipped his black wig. “You’re just jealous that I’m pretty whichever gender I pose at.” Yoongi said proudly and Jungkook just rolled his eyes and left the store with what they bought. He still couldn’t figure out why Seokjin said congratulations to him. For what? And why did he have that look before he left? Jungkook was confused and bothered.

 

On Friday, Jin and his shop closed early to prepare for the event on Saturday. When he and his staff has finally completed the tasks they need to do, he let his staff go home early to rest for tomorrow’s event and volunteered to close the shop himself. 

 

When he got home, he got into his pajamas and browsed his social media. He saw his friends posts and wasn’t surprised to see them with Jungkook. It feels a bit sad that they didn’t invite him but he also knows that his friends are just being considerate since they know Jin doesn’t want to be distu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter