One Day : 4

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School year ended just fine and summer rolled in. Just like the previous summer, Jin wasn't able to hang out with Jimin and Hoseok. Jimin's summer is packed with family vacations and a few concert hops with Taehyung. He can't help but feel like his position as Jimin's bestfriend was threatened, but he can't tell Jimin that. Jin is not a concert goer and besides, he just can't ask for his parents money to buy him tickets anyway, so it's inevitable if Jimin finds someone else to hang out with. And he got Taehyung. He feels a little jealous but somehow, he feels Jimin's and Taehyung's relationship is way beyond friendship, and those two just don't know it yet. Hoseok on the other hand, is a creative kid. If he's not having summer classes, he goes to attend creative workshops like dance and fashion design. Each of them has somehow found things they focus on, their identity, and what they like to do. Except Jin. This summer, he just has spent a ridiculous amount of time playing games. Maybe that's his passion? Maybe not? He doesn't know. All he knows is he enjoys playing and there's nothing else he was interested in doing. 

One day, he and his family went to the town's biggest mall. His parents had to buy something for the house, and as they know their kids, Jin and his older brother would just whine so instead, they left them in the arcades, which the two boys are thankful for. Jin and his hyung immediately went to buy lots of tokens for playing. They played together for a bit until his brother met some of his friends and Jin was forgotten. Jin was alone but he didn't mind. He liked being alone at times. He found this huge arcade machine and sat to play a versus. Since he didn't have a Player 2, he just have to play with the machine. A few rounds and some tokens spent, a challenge appeared. He was too focused on his game that he didn't notice someone sat beside him and claimed the Player 2 spot. The game would have a few seconds before starting so Jin had enough time to see his challenger. Jungkook was sitting right beside him and Jin is baffled. Of course it's a small town, you tend to bump into people, but why Jungkook of all people?

"Focus, Seokjin." Jungkook said cooly as he stared at the screen, the game beeping that signals the start of the match. Jin focused and turned his attention on the game, deciding to question the universe later when he beats Jungkook's annoying to dust. Jin lost embarassingly with incredible lot of rounds and tokens. Who knew Jeon Jungkook was a better gamer than he is? His pride as a game hobbyist was crushed and also-- perhaps he's a sore loser. 

"You cheated didn't you?" Jin accused as they left the machine, kids are already lining up so they had to give up the game, some of them rubbing salt to Jin's wounded pride. The boy with the jet black hair laughed at him. He ooked so offended and punched Jungkook's arm playfully since he knows he's just being a sore loser. He was about to throw a comeback when they heard someone call Jungkook. 

"Gotta go. That was fun, Seokjin. See ya." Jungkook smirked a little as he turned and left leaving Jin alone again.

"Why does he keep calling me Seokjin? He's so weird." Jin said to no one but himself and went on to look for his brother, the questions he has earlier completely forgotten.

Summer ended fast and Jin is now a sophomore. Luckily, he's still in the same class with most of his classmates in freshman year. Jin wouldn't say that he's looking forward to meet Jungkook and challenge him for another match, but the absence of their bickering and the person himself makes Jin feel a bit incomplete. It was like their routine in the past year after all. When someone popped the question, Taehyung said Jungkook's attending another highscho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter