Summer Nights

Right On Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, the summer festival is here, some fun for everyone!

As the weekend hits, once again..

 

Luckily, for both Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung, the festival starts after they finish work, so they get to enjoy the festivities with everyone else, and to each of them more importantly, with someone special.

 

Previously..

 

Although work was in a power outage zone last weekend, sadly the bubble burst as Tzuyu, (now at home) messaged Dahyun to say the power came back on.

(Of course, just in time in time for work)

 

Which was a hassle, especially for Jeongyeon, as she had to leave the fun that was going on at her house, and also because she wanted to spend a little bit longer with Nayeon..

(Ain't love grand)

 

Present..

 

Nayeon wants tonight to be perfect, this is her and Jeongyeon's first event they were attending as a couple.

She was happy about tonight, she never thought she'd be doing something nice like this.

 

Although, there is a daunting thought in the back of her mind, about encountering a certain individual..

Nayeon knows that Yeri never much liked these things, but she can't help but fear that by chance she may be there too, because she knows Nayeon does, and only make life hell for her and Jeongyeon.

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon walked around and looked at the many stalls and events going on, the atmosphere was lovely, The Park was always beautiful during the day, but the numerous decorative light fixtures made it even more so, the two were just happy, neither one expected they'd find happiness and numerous other feelings they have found within each other..

As they had explored a little, the two decided to take a break and get something to eat before they continued.

 

"Hey? I'm gonna get some food, do you want some? I'll pay" offers Jeongyeon as she asks

"That sounds good, thanks! You can just get me whatever you're having" says Nayeon happily

"Sure thing" says Jeongyeon with a soft smile as she makes her way to the many vendors

 

As Nayeon was waiting she was just standing and appreciating the beautiful light statues..

 

But sadly, Nayeon's thoughts were right, Yeri was here tonight..

 

She approached Nayeon once she realised she was alone, as Jeongyeon was getting them food from one of vendors.

 

"Heh... Didn't take you long to move on... Is that why you were being so dramatic?...

Scared that you'd mess up whatever you have with this ..." Says Yeri from behind Nayeon...

 

Her blood boils at every word, as she knows who's mouth the words are coming out of. Right now it's taking every ounce of self control to not turn around and slap her...

 

"That ""... has a name, which you don't get the privilege of knowing.. and she, is my girlfriend..." Says Nayeon irritated as she turns around to face Yeri..

 

Yeri looked awful.. To put it nicely..
Actually, she looked drunk upon second glance..

(Oh how the tables have turned..)

 

"And un like you, she actually cares about me.." Says Nayeon as she continued

"Then what was I huh?" Says Yeri with crocodile tears in he eyes

"A mistake.." Says Nayeon coldly

 

Jeongyeon waiting in line notices the events unfolding, she had never seen Yeri before, but the look she could see on Nayeon's face said it all..

 

So that's her..

Thinks Jeongyeon as she leaves the line to make sure Nayeon is okay.

 

She sees Yeri raise a hand at whatever Nayeon had just said to her...

 

As Nayeon closes her eyes and cowers in preparation for the blow she was about to receive, a second too long had past, and she had felt nothing...

She opened her eyes to see Jeongyeon taking a hold of Yeri's wrist stopping the impact she was waiting on..

Jeongyeon pushes the shocked Yeri's arm back to her as she distances the girl from Nayeon, Yeri falls on her backside at the force from it.

 

Jeongyeon suddenly speaks in Nayeon's defence.

 

"So.. You must be Yeri, if so, you ever think of touching Nayeon again.. You will have me to deal with, you will always have me to deal with..." Says Jeongyeon sternly

 

"Heh... Fine... Have fun with that ...
Y'know, she was gonna sleep with me...

So you musn't have meant too much to her then...
And I'm sure she will screw you over like she did me" Says Yeri pathetically in her defence as she gets up.

 

Jeongyeon could have snotted her one right then and there at that moment, but she wouldn't ever do any of the sort, with Nayeon watching.

 

And It wasn't in her nature to behave like that.

She just balled her fist and looked daggers at Yeri.

 

Nayeon clinged to Jeongyeon's arm.

 

And that hurt Yeri, more than any fist or words could...

 

She never made another snide remark she just left the two.

 

"I'm so sorry about that.." says Nayeon quietly

"Don't be Nayeon, I'm just glad you're okay" says Jeongyeon as she hugs her

"Thanks.." says Nayeon softly

"Do you still want some food? It might be a longer wait now.." asks Jeongyeon as she let's go of Nayeon 

"Actually, I feel a little shaken up.. if you wouldn't mind, I don't really feel like sticking around here any longer" admits Nayeon as she takes a hold of Jeongyeon's hand

"It's okay, I get it. I can take you home" says an undersatnding Jeongyeon softly

"Thanks" says Nayeon with a soft smile 

 

As the two drive back to Nayeon's she has a couple of thoughts that make her happy..

 

One was, surprisingly seeing Yeri..

 

That she finally got what she deserved..

That she now knows the pain of seeing someone you "love" be with someone else.

 

But the other more pleasing thought was what Jeongyeon said..

 

"You will have me to deal with, you will always have me to deal with..."

 

Jeongyeon must think enough of Nayeon to say that, whether she realised the weight of her statement or not..

But, the possible fact that she thought of Nayeon and her being together long enough for always..

 

She could only help but smile at the thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter