Thoughts

Seduced by the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“I think the last time I had such a short friendship was kindergarten,” Amber said to her mom over breakfast. “She’ll barely look at me or talk to me unless she has to, just like everyone else.” 

Her mom petted her cheek. “I’m so sorry we brought you here, sweetie.” 

“At least the air is nice. I’m going for a walk,” she said, pushing herself away from the table. “I need to collect some stuff for my new art project anyway. I’ll be back in a few hours.” 

Mrs. Liu watched her daughter leave, her heart aching. 


“Your hair looks good like that.” 

“Thanks,” Krystal said, turning her head to check out the curls Shin Hye had put into her hair. They were having an old-fashioned slumber party since they’d both missed each other. “It’s so much work though.” 

“It’s worth it,” Shin Hye told her. “It makes you look more sophisticated. I can’t believe no one has asked you out yet.” 

Krystal sighed. How could she tell her friend she didn’t have a guy in mind she even wanted to ask her out? Some of them were cute and Christian friends she knew through school and church, but she couldn’t say that any of them made her curious about them. 

“I plan to be married when I’m twenty,” Shin Hye declared. “I already have my husband picked out. Now all he has to do is approach me.” 

Krystal laughed at her determined friend. “And if he doesn’t?” 

“I’ll get my dad to talk to his dad. What about you? Do you have anyone you like?” 

She stared at the reflection of her eyes in the mirror for a moment before answering. “No.” 

“Really? Looks like you’re thinking of someone?” 

“No,” Krystal said, laughing lightly.  “I don’t like anyone right now. I’ve been focusing on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter