Words

Seduced by the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I realized while I was re-reading that I turned Gavin into Garrett. Well I edited and it should be correct from now on. And sorry for the ages between updates :/)

 

Amber had reached out to everyone she knew and researched every resource online that she could find. There was nothing that could be done if abuse wasn't proven, if Krystal didn't come forward herself, or if she didn't just straight up kidnap her or somehow convince Krystal to run away. 

Just a few months ago, she thought she would be saying goodbye to Krystal as she started her college life in California nd Krystal finished discovering herself while trapped in this small town. Now in just a few short moths, Krystal would be forced into a marriage and Amber..Amber didn't know how she could move on to that. Or live with that. This was partially her fault. If only she'd never come to this damned town or allowed the friendship to blossom. 

If only she hadn't noticed how Krystal looked at other girls and herself sometimes and encouraged her that it was okay. 

Amber curled up on her bed, hating that she wished she'd told another girl to hide, but it was often safer until you were around like-minded or open-minded people. 

"Please," she whispered to any being that might be listening and could do something. "Please help her. She doesn't deserve this." 

~

"Out of bed, Krystal," her parents commanded her impatiently. They no longer put up with her black moods, they were just an inconvenience to push past now. 

Krystal groaned and rolled out of bed where she usually stayed whenever she was at home. She wondered if Amber would even recognize her now or even want to look at her. She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror on her way out the door and hung her head even further. All color was gone from her skin, her eyes were dull.

"You're not going like that," her mother warned. "Into the shower young lady, and put on something presentable. You are not to wear black again." 

She didn't even protest them anymore. She was too tired. She showered, she brushed her hair, she put on a yellow sundress that reminded her of Amber's seat covers. 

"Is she crying again?" She heard her father ask her mother outside her bedroom doors.

Krystal wiped her eyes and her nose, then put on makeup to try to hide her blotchy skin. 

"I just don't know what's wrong with her. She never strayed from the path until that girl came here. It's our fault for letting her spend time with her. Maybe we just didn't lead her well in the faith." 

"The devil is powerful," her mother consoled him. "But we'll get our daughter back, no matter what it takes." 

You never had me, she thought. You had an image of me you wanted. You don't care about me. You don't love me. 

"Are you ready to go?" Her father asked, raising his voice. "The pastor and Gavin are waiting so you can start pre-marital counseling." 

She patted her eyes again and stood up from her vanity, nearly falling her legs were so weak, but managed to catch herself. She tossed on a coat and followed her parents out. 

The car ride was silent as everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter