The Older Sister

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook was siting in the living room alone, typing out a report for one of his classes. There wasn't anyone at home at that moment excluding himself, until he heard the door slam open. He looked up to see a rather flustered looking Ji Hyo, who ran directly into her bathroom and took a shower. She didn't even say hello, but Jong Kook dismissed it assuming she must be really late for something. Also, things between them were still awkward.

Ten minutes later, he heard Ji Hyo leave the shower and turn on the hairdryer. Well, it was probably going to be impossible to concentrate for a while, so he decided to be productive and do the dishes. There weren't that many in the sink, surprisingly, and he managed to wash and dry all of them only a mere minute before he heard the loud noises stop. He heaved a sigh of relief and continued working on his report.

Another ten minutes passed. He heard Ji Hyo's footsteps. Running towards him. She shook his shoulder and he looked up from the screen.

"Yes?"

"Oppa, I need your help. Please pretend to be my boyfriend." She asked in a desperate tone. Was this supposed to be some kind of joke? 

"What?" He took off his glasses. "Pretend to be your boyfriend?" That was a strange request.

"I can explain." Ji Hyo sat in the empty space next to him. "You see, I have this older sister. Her name is Ji Ri and she's 28. She's always looking down on me and picking on me, laughing at me for not getting a college boyfriend despite it being my third year now. So the last time we met, I fibbed. I said I had a boyfriend to shut her up. So could you please help me? Because she's coming over in like, 15 minutes."

"So is that why you got all dressed up?" Jong Kook replied, referring to Ji Hyo's outfit. She was in a black pencil skirt, complete with a pretty pastel pink blouse. 

"Yeah, she gave this to me once. She's not going to criticize her own fashion sense, so it's the safest thing to wear around her."

"You look nice though." Jong Kook said. He truly meant it but he also said it in hopes of comforting Ji Hyo. Her sister sounded so terrible Jong Kook was tempted to give Ji Hyo a hug.

"I know. The skirt brings out my ." Ji Hyo's casual remark made Jong Kook blush, because of how much he agreed with her.

"So how am I supposed to pretend to be your boyfriend?" Jong Kook asked in an attempt to change the subject. 

"You don't have to be the world's top boyfriend when she comes over. Just sell the idea that we're dating. I'm allowing you to do anything you want to me if needed."

"Are you sure about this? Lying isn't really my forte..." Jong Kook mumbled while chewing on his lip.

"Please Oppa? I'll do anything you want just please help me... There's no one else at home, and it won't even take that long since my sister's taking me out for lunch." Ji Hyo seemed on the verge of tears so Jong Kook pulled her into a hug. He her hair as her head rested against his chest.

"Ok ok, I'll do it. Don't be afraid, ok?" He hoped she couldn't hear the fast pace of his heart.

"Thank you. Plus, I doubt my sister will have to visit me again, since she's only here to see me because of the new apartment." They broke the hug, and Jong Kook felt the loss of contact like a hard blow, like Ji Hyo just belonged there in his arms.

"One thing though, don't ever promise a guy you'll do whatever they want. You never know, I could be a ert..." Ji Hyo chuckled as did Jong Kook. He was glad to see her in a happier state.

"Oh, my sister's calling..." Ji Hyo answered the phone and from her words, it seemed Ji Ri needed directions. Jong Kook put his glasses back on and continued doing his report. Ji Hyo's boyfriend should be allowed to rush last minute assignments to hand up the next day, right?

They heard a knock on the door. Ji Hyo got up to answer it and Jong Kook stood up so he could greet Ji Ri.

"Unnie, you've arrived." Ji Hyo said respectfully with a bow.

"Good Afternoon, Ji Ri-ssi. Is it alright if I address you as 'Noona'?" Jong Kook asked respectfully too.

"No." Ji Ri handed Ji Hyo her coat and took a seat on the couch. Wow. Someone was cold. 

"Well then, Ji Ri-ssi, can I get you anything to drink?"

"I don't think I'm interested in anything you have to offer." Ji Hyo, you poor poor thing. "Ji Hyo, who's this?"

"Unnie, this is my boyfriend, Jong Kook." Ji Hyo gestured as she walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter