The Final

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the video played on, Ji Hyo's face grew redder and redder. She couldn't believe what she was watching! She called him 'so handsome', and she actually proclaimed that he was a kissing expert? Seriously Drunk Ji Hyo? Sober and Embarrassed Ji Hyo is suffering for your errors.

The video finally ended and Ji Hyo was too disgusted with herself to hear Jong Kook ask Dong Wook to forward him the video. So she was unable to protest and stop Jong Kook from obtaining what could probably be useful blackmail against her.

"Well, as much as I enjoy embarrassing my good friend Ji Hyo here, I have to get over to work and I believe you two have somewhere to be too?" Dong Wook reminded with an awkward smile. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo nodded and the couple parted ways with him.

"Why are you so quiet? Are you really that scared of the attached trio?" Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo with a shake of her shoulder. "It's not going to be that bad."

"Ani, it's not that. I'm just kind of cringing at myself in that video." Ji Hyo replied blankly with wide eyes. Jong Kook stopped walking.

"Was it really that bad?" He asked as he turned to look worryingly into her averted gaze.

Ji Hyo rubbed her arm. "I'm just kind of embarrassed? That I said all that?"

"Hey, you shouldn't be embarrassed. Do you have any idea how cute you were? Like- I'm half tempted to get you drunk again just so I can make you admit more cute stuff. That cute." Jong Kook said with a squeeze of Ji Hyo's shoulder. 

"Why did you like it so much anyway? Shouldn't have what I said made you want to run far far away?" Ji Hyo asked. 

"Not at all. Do you know how much I liked you then? I was only holding myself back from confessing to you because I wasn't sure of myself. I was afraid to tell you that I had kind of fallen for you- because I was afraid you'd run away. If I didn't hear you say those 'embarrassing' things, e might still be two roommates with a ton of unresolved ual and romantic tension."

Ji Hyo chuckled. 

"And you know what? I'm going to tell you something that might kind of be embarrassing to make us even." 

"What is it?" Ji Hyo's ears perked up.

"I used to purposely take my shirt off and leave the door open to work out-"

"I thought you always did that?" 

"No. I usually shut the door and keep my clothes on. And I only took my shirt off when you were home." Jong Kook admitted with a blush.

"Were you- trying to seduce me back then?" 

"Maybe? Yeah, I was..." Jong Kook couldn't even look at Ji Hyo while he said that. "So are we even now?"

There was silence for a moment before Ji Hyo spoke again.

"Actually to be honest... Your seducing did work a little? I may have spied on you once or twice while you were working out shirtless- I even got caught by Gary, sheesh..."

Jong Kook's eyes widened in interest. "Did you?"

"Yeah, you can't dangle the goods in front of me and expect me not to at least take a look..." Ji Hyo started blushing again.

"Hey Ji Hyo." Jong Kook stopped walking all of a sudden and Ji Hyo almost didn't notice. "Look."

Without warning, Jong Kook lifted his shirt up and down quickly enough to let Ji Hyo see his abs and . 

"Yah!" She ran towards him to stop him from messing with her in public. "What if someone saw?"

Jong Kook chuckled. "Does me showing you my abs for no reason matter less than someone seeing?" 

"Yes." Ji Hyo replied without hesitation. She placed a possessive hand over his upper torso. "This- belongs to me, you hear that?"

"But I made them myself..." Jong Kook complained in what sounded like a whimper. Although he had to admit he was liking Ji Hyo's mad claim over his body.

"I know sweetie. You made them very well. But they're mine now." Ji Hyo insisted with a sweet yet sly smile.

"Then they're yours now." Jong Kook agreed as he planted a chaste kiss on Ji Hyo's cheek.

They soon reached the apartment after walking home all the way from the Laser Tag arena.

"Are they home?" Ji Hyo asked as she looked around. Just as she said that, the bathroom door opened and Gary stepped out of it. 

"I'm home. What's up?" He asked.

"Is Kwang Soo home?" Jong Kook asked as he opened doors and checked.

"It's just been me today- until ten seconds ago. Then it's been us three. What's wrong?" Gary asked as he walked towards the kitchen and grabbed himself a soda.

Ji Hyo sighed. "Remember how you accidentally found out about me and Jong Kook Oppa and you're the only one that knows?"

"Yeah. You two told me not to tell anyone. And I haven't. What's wrong?" Gary asked as his brows furrowed. He took a long gulp of his drink.

"Turns out you're not the only one that knows anymore." Jong Kook answered. "It's the attached trio. They kind of saw us at the Laser Tag arena and they may or may not be angry?"

Gary sighed. "So what do you two want me to do?"

"Nothing much. Just help us reassure them a little when they're here?" Ji Hyo asked with her fingers interlocked and begging.

"Alright alright. When are they coming back?" Gary asked as he sat down on the sofa. 

"We're not sure about that. Honestly, I just hope they didn't tell Kwang Soo." Jong Kook too took a seat.

"Crap, I didn't think about that..." Ji Hyo added as she bit her lip.

 

 

The door turned open and the attached men went into the apartment. There were unreadable expressions on their faces. 

"You guys are here... Don't suppose I have to invite you to take a seat?" Jong Kook shifted awkwardly in his position, avoiding the gaze of his friends.

"Also, before you three say anything, please tell me Kwang Soo still doesn't know?" 

"No, Ji Hyo. We didn't tell Kwang Soo. So what's this all about?" Jae Suk asked. 

"And Gary, I'm assuming you knew about this?" Suk Jin turned to Gary as he asked this, to which Gary nodded.

"Why does Gary get to know?" Dong Hoon asked.

"I kind of caught them before you three did. It's nothing special really."

"Yeah ok, so why were the two of you hiding in the first place?" 

"It was because of Kwang Soo. And you guys still can't tell him." Ji Hyo said as she bit her lip.

"Why? Is this because Kwang Soo beat up a friend of his that slept with his sister?" Jae Suk asked. "But Kook Jong could totally take Kwang Soo anyway, why worry? And this isn't just a fling right?"

"No, I'm in love with her." Jong Kook steadfastly replied as he squeezed Ji Hyo's hand. 

"Except that Kwang Soo has a rule that his friends shouldn't lay a finger on his female relatives." Gary interjected. "He's given me the 'hands off' speech before regarding Ji Hyo."

"Really?" The attached men chorused.

"Yeah. But I already knew Ji Hyo before we all moved in together and I told Kwang Soo that Ji Hyo had already given me the 'hands off' speech regarding herself, so he didn't have to worry."

"And did Kwang Soo give Kook Jong that speech?" 

Jong Kook shook his head. "I don't know why, but he didn't." 

"Probably because Kwang Soo thought you wouldn't be interested in doing anything to Ji Hyo. I mean, it's a known fact that you hardly bring girls home." Gary guessed with a shrug. 

"Well, that isn't my fault! Shin Hye kept stealing them all from me- how was I supposed to know that would make Kwang Soo see me as some conservative?" Jong Kook argued helplessly. "Also, while I know I can take Kwang Soo in a fight, it doesn't mean I want to fight him. And who knows? Maybe Kwang Soo might grow muscles in anger if he finds out about me and Ji Hyo."

"So that's why we decided to keep it from all of you. Because it seemed safer that way." Ji Hyo concluded. The attached trio nodded their heads in understanding and forgiveness.

"Wait a minute- didn't Jong Kook Hyung go on a date the other day? So that-" Dong Hoon interjected with widened eyes.

"That would be me." Ji Hyo said with a smirk.

"I can't believe none of us realized." Jae Suk shook his head in disbelief. "We just bought your stupid excuses like a bunch of gullible fools." 

"Well now you all know. So please, let's just keep this little secret from Kwang Soo for the time being, yeah?"

"Yeah."

But the secret wasn't kept for long.

 

 

It was in the middle of the afternoon, and a quiet day at the dorm. Kwang Soo's feet were itching for a walk, and he decided, why not go for a supply run? 

And so Kwang Soo checked the fridge. They needed eggs. The milk was running out too. He whipped his phone out and began typing out a shopping list. He was being so productive. With a proud nod to himself, he shut the fridge.

But what else would the others need? If he was going on a supply run, he had to get stuff for the other members or no one would count it as an official supply run in the duty roster. 

He knocked on Gary's door. 

"Yes?" Gary asked as he opened the door just a crack. There was probably someone else inside the room with him, Kwang Soo thought.

"Hyung, I'm going out on a supply run. Need anything?" 

"Just some energy drinks. I'll pay you when you get back." 

"Ok." Then Gary shut the door.

Kwang Soo went over to the next door on the right of Gary's. The attached men's room. He knocked on the door.

Silence. He knocked again.

It then occurred to him that the attached men were all probably out, as in, at the apartments of their respective girlfriends. He decided it'd be a better idea to text them what they wanted.

Then he went into his and Jong Kook's room. Jong Kook was lifting weights. Not a surprise.

"Hyung-"

"Yeah?" Jong Kook put down the dumbbell he had been holding and turned to face Kwang Soo. "What's up?"

"I was just going out on a supply run. Is there anything you need?" For some reason, Jong Kook's face seemed to light up like he had just gotten brilliantly inspired by Kwang Soo's plans to go shopping.

"You're going out? As in leaving the house?"

"Erm- yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter