The Birthday Girl

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow, you're good with money," A tall tanned girl looked with interest at the way Gary flicked and counted the notes with his fingers. He looked up and grinned.

"Thanks. Want to know what else I can do with my hands?" The girl chuckled, finding his flirting amusing.

"Oh- and you're funny too..." 

"Am I? Because that wasn't a joke. I'd like to meet you some place outside of work... Can I invite you to my friend's birthday party? It's at a club called Dance Man." Gary slipped a card with his number and the location of the club into the hand of the girl. She read the card with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll think about it..." She said with a gentle smile, before walking out of the restaurant. 

"Wow... Seems like you don't even need me to wing woman for you tonight..." Ji Hyo remarked while passing Gary the bill for one of the tables. 

"Eh, we'll see about that. She might not be that into me. So are you excited about tonight? You're finally 21 and can drink legally." Gary casually replied, taking the bill off Ji Hyo's hands.

"I'm excited about the surprise party you guys planned for me." Gary sighed at knowing their plans to throw Ji Hyo a mini party had fell through. How did she figure it out?

"Who told you?" 

"Well, your reaction just completely gave it away. Also, try not to keep a birthday cake in the fridge of the apartment we all live in." Gary sighed again. He had told Dong Hoon that putting the cake in their own fridge was a bad idea, but Dong Hoon had insisted Ji Hyo wouldn't realize.

"Could you at least try to act surprised later?" 

"Hmm... No promises. But what's the plan for later tonight? Are we all celebrating at the club? Kwang Soo's still too young to enter though..."

"We'll be throwing you a surprise party at the apartment, and after that we'll go to the club. Kwang Soo isn't the only one not coming, because all our attached friends have been forbidden to go by their girlfriends. Dance Man is a place for singles, not couples."

"So it's just going to be you and me?"

"And Jong Kook Hyung. He doesn't have a girlfriend, remember?"

"Really? Health buff is coming?"

"Please, don't lie to me and yourself by pretending to be disappointed. I know you want to get into his pants- ouch!" Ji Hyo smacked Gary hard on his shoulder, and he winced in pain and massaged himself pitifully.

"You watch your mouth!" Ji Hyo warned with her arms crossed.

"Oh come on! I saw you spying on him the other day when Jong Kook Hyung was working out topless in his room- ouch!" Ji Hyo gave him a smack again, harder this time.

"Any last words? I'm getting tired of talking to you..."

"Just... Wear something pretty later."

Later when Ji Hyo went back to the apartment after being forced to close up at the restaurant, she got a very expected surprise when she turned the lights on.

"Happy Birthday!" The guys all cheered and sang the birthday song enthusiastically, cheering for Ji Hyo to blow out the candles in one breath. She wasn't as surprised as they'd planned for her to be, but it was still a heartwarming celebration thrown in her honor. 

"Sorry, this cake here is kind of your only present... But we made sure it was a good cake!" Dong Hoon apologized. 

"I know one present you guys can give me... I want Kim Jong Kook to eat a slice of cake that I will cut for him." Ji Hyo declared with an evil grin, finding Jong Kook's blank look amusing as the others whooped in agreement of her birthday present.

"You're... You're joking right?"

 "Do I look like I'm joking?" Ji Hyo sliced a large piece of cake and placed it in Jong Kook's hands.

"Eat it well. I want to see every calorie enter your mouth." Ji Hyo had a terrifying grin and Jong Kook had no choice but to eat the cake. It actually tasted quite good, once he forgot about his morals.

After the mini birthday celebration and the apologies from the attached men for not being able to go to the club with her, Ji Hyo got changed to go out. She stepped out of her room after getting all dressed up to leave with the waiting two Jong Kook and Gary.

"So, how do I look?" Ji Hyo flashed a smile that had been enhanced by red lipstick. Her figure was adorned by a simple yet sophisticated red dress, and she was looking drop-dead gorgeous. Gary's jaw dropped and Jong Kook looked stunned. 

"Woah... Can I ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter