The Pair Project

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She hated Kim Jong Kook. She really did.

"Careful there, you might just break your keyboard if you smash it any harder." Gary chuckled and Ji Hyo realized how rough she was being.

"Anything on your mind? Because you've been mumbling Jong Kook Hyung's name and a bunch of curses for the past ten minutes. I'm not doing this project on my own, am I?" 

"No no... I'm working on the final presentation slides. Just- Kim Jong Kook really drives me crazy sometimes!" Ji Hyo started typing rapidly, lashing her anger out on the keys.

"So I'm guessing the two of you didn't hook up on your birthday?" Gary didn't even look up from his screen.

"No- and I'm not planning to."

"Don't lie to me. Also you can count on my words- he wants to get into your pants too." 

Just then, Jong Kook came home looking awfully close with some girl Ji Hyo didn't know. They were giggling.

"And you know what else we could do?-" That sentence came out from Jong Kook's female companion's mouth along with a string of giggles, before she entered Jong Kook and Kwang Soo's room and the door shut. Then of course they couldn't hear anything else. Kwang Soo wasn't home yet, still completing his shift at the restaurant. 

"Yeah, that sure looks like he wants to get into my pants." Ji Hyo seethed with anger as she hurriedly typed again.

"I don't know, don't ask me. Maybe you're pushing him away and he needs to relieve tension. He's still a man with needs, you know."

"Yeah he can fulfill those needs with whomever he wishes. I don't care." She emphasized each word of her last sentence, but it wasn't very convincing.

"If you say so. But let's focus on work and finish up before dinner." And Ji Hyo pushed all thoughts of her attractive roommate out of her mind and did just that.

Dinner was brought back by Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Dong Hoon, and Kwang Soo. The four had been working a shift at the restaurant together and brought back food for their dinner because they were too lazy to cook.

"Guys! We've got five bowls of Jjajang and two bowls of Jjampong! Come out and eat!" Jae Suk called warmly and everyone left their rooms and gathered at the table.

"Who wants the Jjampong?" Suk Jin asked, hoping he would not get forced to eat it since he was craving Jjajang Noodles.

"Me!" Jong Kook and Ji Hyo chorused at the same time, and after heating up the food the seven members of the household all tucked into their meals. 

However, after that satisfying and fulfilling meal, there was the problem of who had to clean the dishes. Dirty pots, pans, bowls, and cups lay in the sink, not just from their dinner but from the past three days. The members were not very prompt in keeping up their kitchen's hygiene standards, too sick of doing that at work in the restaurant.

"Why don't the two people who ate the Jjampong just clean the dishes together?" Dong Hoon suggested, only to hear protests from Jong Kook and Ji Hyo.

"What kind of logic is that? Don't discriminate us for liking Jjampong!"

"Yeah- let's play Rock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter