The New House

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new school year was to start at RM College in a week, and students living on campus were reminded to renew their leases at their dormitories and apartments. At RM College, students could choose to live in an apartment together provided they were able to afford the rent. It was to promote bonding and give the students a taste of what it was like to live with other people. 

Six male students at RM College who planned to live together for the school year were about to run into a problem. There was only one apartment left and it was a co-ed apartment. That meant that they needed a female roommate and they would have to find one fast lest they lose the claim over the apartment to another group of students.

"I really can't believe this- you sure your cousin will be okay living with us?" Suk Jin asked the younger Kwang Soo. They had just left their hopefully future apartment after telling the landlord the potential residents of the place. Now all they had to do was get all seven people they named to sign the lease and they could move in. However, Suk Jin was feeling rather uneasy since Kwang Soo had at the last moment blurted out an unfamiliar female's name when the landlord mentioned the need to have a female roommate. 

"Don't worry, I'm close to my Ji Hyo Noona... And she did mention needing a place to stay- she'd just been procrastinating on finding one." Kwang Soo said with a shrug. They had actually procrastinated on getting their apartment too, and if not for the need to live near Dong Hoon's parents' restaurant where they all worked, and near a bar because Gary was turning 21 and needed easy access to the drinks and his potential hookups, they wouldn't have any problem. 

"We have a new what-" Jong Kook yelled over the phone as he ran through the hordes of students, trying not to be late for the signing of the lease. The mobile reception he was getting was terrible and he couldn't hear a thing Kwang Soo was saying. 

And to his luck, he bumped into a girl carrying scalding hot coffee, which made him yelp in pain as it splattered on both him and the girl.

"Watch where you're going!" They shrieked at each other concurrently, Jong Kook rushing off to the apartment lease signing again while trying futilely to clean the coffee off his shirt.

He entered the apartment hesitantly, smiling at the landlord who was impatiently tapping his foot on the floor. The others gesticulated for Jong Kook to quickly sign under his name, which he did with a sheepish nod to the landlord.

"Are we done here then?" Jong Kook lifted his head up to ask, and the others all shook their heads.

"Kwang Soo's cousin has yet to arrive. He's giving her directions here now." Jae Suk replied, tilting his head in the direction of Kwang Soo who seemed to be on the phone with someone terrible at following instructions.

"Kwang Soo's cousin? We really have a new girl roommate? That wasn't a joke?" Jong Kook couldn't believe it. Did he really have to live with a girl? That would be awkward.

"Yup. Song Ji Hyo. She's my wing woman, which is a coincidence since I had no idea she and Kwang Soo were cousins. Third year, like me. She's easygoing, so I don't think any of us should worry." Gary pipped up to reassure the rest, especially Jong Kook who seemed to be the least okay with having a female roommate. 

"She any pretty?" Dong Hoon asked, only to get whacked on the shoulder by Jae Suk.

"You have a girlfriend!" 

"I know, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious!" Dong Hoon replied rubbing his shoulder with a scowl.

"To be very honest- the only reason I haven't slept with her is because she doesn't want to, but that's okay because she's a good friend and introduces prett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter