2

Marshmallow Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae is a painter. A good one at that too. As Donghae would learn soon after. He also finally found out what that 'Exhibitor' name card was for.


Hyukjae was having an art exhibition that showcased his paintings on the center part of the town. He explained to Donghae that he had to wear the name card at all times when he was there, so that he could gain access to places where visitors cannot. Hyuk did explained the place, excitedly mentioning every detail of the exhibition hall, and what it is called but it flew through Donghae's mind like a wind since he was more excited in hearing Hyukjae being excited(in his defence the name was just far too long for him to remember). He told him further that he sells some of his paintings for living.


Sometimes Donghae would see him painting late into the night.  This sometimes worries Donghae because when he did, he usually drank a lot of coffee just to keep himself awake. For Donghae who did not drink coffee and disliked the smell, he thought of coffee as a bad idea.

One of those days he asked Hyukjae to finish working early and to sleep, but to that Hyukjae just chuckled, he sleepily muttered while sighing "I wish I don't have to sleep like you, Donghae. Maybe I could finish these paintings sooner,". He poked Donghae softly. Donghae thought Hyukjae looked quite endearing while he was sleepy, but he wished Hyukjae not to force himself too much. Hyukjae sneezed, dabbing his reddened nose with tissues and grumbled something inaudible. Donghae muttered a little "bless you", thinking how could a man be so stubborn.


---


In those busy days, it is not a very surprising thing for Hyukjae to have caught a flu. He went to visit the doctor, eager Donghae in tow. He made a deal to accompany Hyukjae wherever he will go, but he will keep silent inside his pocket, so as not to draw any public attention, since according to Hyukjae, Donghae is different. The last thing Hyukjae needs is people's attention on little Donghae.


Hyuk went home after visiting the doctor. He threw his car keys on the table and dropped himself on the sofa. He sprawled and immediately closing his eyes. Seeing this Donghae leapt up from Hyuk's pocket. He jumped from the sofa to the carpet beneath, continue making his way crawling up the table where Hyuk had dropped the plastic bag full of his medicines. He could hear Hyukjae's breathing getting even. Seemed it didn't took a long while for him sleep after all.


Donghae rummaged into the plastic bag and prepared Hyuk some medicines to take. He read the instructions carefully, before then he leapt up and take a water bottle from the kitchen. He tilted the bottled water sideways and roll it to the sofa effortlessly. Hyuk's left hand was almost touching the carpeted floor. He nudged Hyuk's hand to take the bottle, but Hyuk didn't budge. Frowning, he tried climbing the sofa. He could feel Hyuk's chest heaving up and down while he trod along it to reach his destination. Cupping his little hand around his mouth he whispered right in front of Hyukjae's left ear "Hyukjaeee... Wake up and eat your medicines..." hearing it Hyukjae just groan and shifted his position "...tired... Hae...later"


Donghae pouted, but apparently he's a stubborn little marshmallow that just won't give up. He proceeded to jump to the side table where he could find a TV remote there. Jumping on the red button on top of the remote, suddenly the sound from the TV was blaring noisily on the background. Hyuk stirred in his sleep and groaned. Donghae smiled triumphantly as Hyukjae blinked and yawned.


"Why Donghae you little-" he stopped short when he saw Donghae offered him his tablet. Donghae smiled as Hyukjae took his medicine and muttered a little thank you to him, before he laid down on the sofa once more to continue his sleep.


---

At night time since Donghae never sleeps, he would usually spent his time admiring Hyukjae. Now that Hyukjae was sleeping soundly, he could look at Hyukjae's prominent features more clearly. Studying every slopes and curves. His jar was put on the drawer beside Hyukjae's bed so he really got the private seat to watch Hyukjae's beauty all night (and watching him sleeping). Initially the reason Hyukjae was putting the jar there is that it's the place the sunlight won't get to, so Donghae will be saved from scorching hot sun all day, and to maintain the jar's temperature at night too. 

Donghae sighed and laid down his head on the dessicant pouch Hyukjae put inside his jar to keep it from moisture. Staring at the parted plump lips, his breathing chest moving up and down, his sculpted jaw, down to his neck... and his nose, Donghae loved his rounded nose tip. Sometimes he wanted to touch it but he's afraid Hyukjae would get angry.

Thinking of it, he never saw Hyukjae got angry. Not even once. Not even to that annoying man who cut the line of queue in the grocery store the other day. Or that day a woman accidentally dropped her coffee on his new shirt. Hyukjae never looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter