3

Marshmallow Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half an hour ride inside Hyukjae's car, finally they arrived at the shopping mall. The department store were full with Christmas ornaments in every corner, welcoming the festive season. Hyukjae was walking pass the crowd of people attempting to do their Christmas shopping. He went straight to the pet store. All the while Donghae was getting more nervous each minute because he cannot see anything from inside his pocket (He didn't know what exactly was Hyukjae into but all he knows is Hyukjae bumped into a lot of things, maybe people, he didn't know, it made him rather dizzy). Maybe next time he should find a needle to crack a hole inside Hyuk's pocket to see clearly what was going on outside from the inside, but then he wondered whether Hyukjae will be angry if he did that, so in the end he was against the idea. Remembering the look Hyukjae was giving him that morning was enough to make him shriveled, not out of fear but of dissapointment toward himself.

When Hyukjae had arrived at the pet store, he wandered around the store to find a little transparent plastic ball, the one that hamsters normally would play around in. After he found one specific transparent ball that's matched to his liking, he nudged his pocket three times and Donghae peeked from inside. He looked at what Hyukjae showed him curiously, wondering what Hyukjae was having inside his mind. He tilted his head in confusion. Hyukjae chuckled.

"This is for you. So you can get inside it, walking on the floor safely,"

"Like a hamster?" Donghae raised one of his eyebrows in confusion as he stared on the carton board attached to the transparent ball, which had a hamster picture on it.

"Technically... Yeah?" Hyukjae now was also confused. Sometimes Donghae could drive him crazy with his questions.

"So you think of me... as your pet hamster?" Donghae raised both of his eyebrows even higher now Hyukjae never thought it was possible. Expecting an answer Donghae stared at Hyukjae, and for the first time Donghae found Hyukjae flustered.

"No!! You're not my pet hamster. You're you! my Don... My... My marshmallow!" Donghae swore he saw Hyukjae blushing. He giggled, closing his mouth while doing so to muffle the sound. "It's not funny, Hae. Stop it," Hyukjae sighed, but when he found Donghae now rolling around inside his pocket, doubled over laughing, he gave up trying to give him a menacing glare. After around one minute he felt his pocket stay still. Donghae had apparently stopped laughing. Hyukjae take a peek inside the pocket to find Donghae still smiling, eyes closed, laying down on the bottom of his pocket. He suppressed himself to coo at the sight, he should teach Donghae a lesson, he realy should, but how to teach him a lesson if everything Donghae did just made him cooed at that tiny marshmallow. He just shook his head, paid for the transparent ball at the cashier, and left the store.

When he gets into the car, he wriggled his jacket off and put it on the passenger seat, along with his plastic bag of purchase. Then started the car and drove away. Feeling the car moved, Donghae peeked and crawled out of the pocket, he lunged into the plastic bag and get the ball open to climb inside. From inside the ball, he suddenly cried.

"Hyukjae! I got the word! I'm your Haemster-mallow!"

Hyukjae had to hit the brake out of shock.

---

On a cold Christmas Eve, Hyukjae decided to take Donghae on a walk to a nearby lake, now completely frozen due to the cold weather. He looked up to the stars and sigh contently. Puffs of warm air coming out of his mouth. "Ah! I wish I brought my ice skating shoe!" Donghae giggled at Hyukjae's sudden exclamation. Hyukjae scooped him out of his jacket pocket and let him to sit down on his shoulder. He walked quickly further, swaying a little bit due to the slippery frozen lake, then decided to sit on the icy cold surface. After a minute he decided to lie down his head on the cold surface of the lake. Closing his eyes and enjoying the cold wind played with his hair, giving him shivers.

"Hyukjae?" all of a sudden he heard Donghae called him hesitantly.

Hyukjae opened his eyes a little bit, relaxing himself on the freezing cold while seeing the stars above them. "Hmm?"

"Why do you care about me so much? I am just a tiny marshmallow." Donghae recalled that day when Hyukjae was being protective, well to be honest, over-protective toward him. How he never let Donghae out of his sight. Hyukjae frowned at the question, but chuckled. "Why do you ask such question, Hae?"

Donghae laid his head down on Hyukjae's broad chest (he clinbed on top of his chest when Hyukjae was lying down on the frozen lake). He was not sure of what to answer, because he didn't even know why he suddenly wanted to know. "I... I don't know Hyukjae, I...am just curious... I guess..."

"Because you're my friend," Hyukjae answered simply but firmly. Donghae looked up to see Hyukjae's face. Hyukjae lifted his head a bit to see Donghae and smiled. "You should know by now that I don't have many friends, right? It's because I... rarely find people that I could be comfortable to. And being myself w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter