4

Marshmallow Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fine dining restaurant Hyukjae sat in was little, but comfortable. He was finally going out for a blind date again. After his last blind date around a year ago gone a bit awry, he was reluctant to have a go on another date.

Hyukjae straighten up, looking at the watch on his wrist. He was waiting for this girl named Seohyun. He got to know her from a dating app. The dating app apparently matched his interests with her, and they had exchanged phone numbers and chatted on messages ever since.

To be quite honest the dating app was Kyu's and Siwon's idea. They've been really hopeless for Hyukjae to find his soulmate soon. After all, he's becoming an eligible bachelor in town. Talk of the town for having a quirky yet excellent taste in art, getting a name and an exhibition of his own, making his own money, that and with his added charm when he spoke also piercing eyes, according to Siwon, "Every girl would queue up in a line to have you,". Although Hyukjae was not very sure about that either.

His last relationship was a long time ago when he was still in art college, with a girl named Sooyoung. She was very pretty, have big rounded eyes and pretty legs. Unfortunately, like all of his previous romance, it quickly goes down the drain because Hyukjae only knew how to get girls but not knowing how to keep them. They went in a relationship for over a year before Hyukjae called it off because he just felt that he was not ready to settle down and have a committed relationship. Before Sooyoung, there are at least a dozen girls contributed to his hopeless love life - according to him. So from then on, Hyukjae with a heavy heart admitted to himself that he had no luck in love and that he should stay away from relationships as far as possible.


Since he was single for such a long time, he just hoped that this one could work for him. He felt his flirting skills must be outdated and rusty and honestly, he didn't hoped for much. He sat up straight on the dark green sofa, occasionally touching his geled up hair and bit his lip nervously.


A couple of minutes later a woman walked down to his table and greeted him, he stood up and politely introduced himself before letting the woman to sit opposite him. Seohyun is a really charming and beautiful young lady. They ordered some dishes and chatted a lot during dinner. Hyukjae felt so comfortable in a while, Seohyun turned out to be an intelligent woman with many knowledge. Hyukjae learned a lot from her and vice versa. For the first time in awhile he hoped to be in a relationship and having someone to care about.


He was laughing at her joke when suddenly he felt his phone buzzing inside his trousers pocket, he fished out his phone and checked the caller ID to find out that it was Kyuhyun who called him. He sighed, this brat certainly didn't listen what he had said that morning about him going out that day. Although deep down he knew Kyu had every reason not to.


Kyuhyun was calling him that morning, telling him that that exact evening he would came to his apartment to 'transfer all of your remaining crap'. His old stuff. Hyukjae was Kyu's roommate since the university days. He just had enough money to settle and moved out from Kyu's to his new apartment months ago. So some of his stuff had remained with Kyu's, but no matter how many times Kyu had warned him to throw them all out ("my house is not your dumpster Lee Hyukjae"), Hyukjae just made excuses not to took them out, either he said he was busy with work, or he just ignored Kyu entirely. His best friend was having none of it and snapped, eventually.


Hyukjae lazily picked up his phone. When he heard what Kyu had to say he panicked and screamed out loud ('Don't touch him!') the buzzing noise of chatter inside the restaurant suddenly fell so silent they could hear a napkin drop. He cut off the call and apologized to Seohyun that he'd have to leave quickly for something urgent (along with that he buried deeply inside the urge to have a proper relationship after awhile). He asked for the bill and paid the dinner, told the waiter to keep the change, not forgetting to say a 'nice meeting you, Seohyun' and bowed before taking off the restaurant in a rush, got in his car, driving away insanely fast.

He honestly didn't know what to think. Siwon and Kyuhyun, both of them were in his apartment, finding out about Donghae. His precious little friend. And what was Siwon called him again? Alien? What if Siwon take a fire extinguisher and spray Donghae with it. He abruptly made a turn once inside his apartment parking lot, parked his car and rushed to the elevator. All the while he was hoping, praying, both of his friends would do nothing to Donghae before he got there.


That's how he ended up inside his own apartment, bewildered Siwon and excited Kyuhyun all over him raiding him questions like a paparazzi, before he sat them down on the living room and serve them some water to calm them down a bit. He then started to tell them the whole story, where he found the little marshmallow, and what happened since then on. Donghae was there watching silently like an audience, he's climbing Hyukjae's right arm to sit on his shoulder. Although he knew he was the main object of the conversation he felt relaxed since He was with Hyukjae. That notion made him feel comfortable and save.


"So that's how I came to know Donghae." Hyukjae ended his long story with a sigh escaping his lips. "Please don't tell anyone?" he said, biting his lip. Kyuhyun sighed "Hyukjae sometimes you can be such a dimwit I want to smack your head, as your best friend I'm terribly hurt. Of course I will not go around blabbing about your friend! It's painfully obvious you cared about him so much you don't wanna share him, even with us,"

To that Hyukjae sheepishly grinned and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter