Heaven

A Shadow's Love

I watched him after I died, I kept an eye on him. I don't know why. I guess there was no one else that important to me to look after or anything else to do. It's different you know? Heaven I mean. It's different from anything you and I have ever read in books or heard about from wise and old people or even seen in movies.

It's like magic. Yes, you can see everyone from up there, hear them talking, observe them and keep an eye on your loved ones, but there isn't much you can do for them. As for where people go after they die, it's another thing because everyone has his or her own Heaven. Mine was everything I wanted when I was alive. I just wanted a warm cozy small apartment where I can just be alone and enjoy it. And here I am.

A building of maybe 40 floors, and my neighbors are people who probably wanted the same thing when they were alive too. In front of this building, there was a huge playground full of swings and trampolines. I loved to walk in the park every afternoon to clear my head. The people I meet at the park were not the same people who lived in my building. We just crossroads since they wanted the same thing. The people living in my building probably have other things when they step out of their houses. Each one has his own customized Heaven. And people just crossroads on things they have always wanted. 

I meet a lot of children in my Heaven. Maybe because I always wanted to stop growing up and stay a child and never have to think about grown-up stuff myself. I want to help them but they disappear too quickly moving into other parts of their own heaven. Maybe a city made of candy who knows? 

No one gets older here, the age you die at is the age you live by in Heaven, forever, and that's why you can find almost every generation. Each with a story. 

Even the scent, my heaven smells like a fruity sweet perfume. My favorite. Once, I got this perfume bottle as a gift from one of the donors at the orphanage. It was expensive so I had to save money for some time to buy it for myself again but I guess I don't have to do that anymore. We don't have to work, we don't need money. Everything is just ... there.

I know this notion of Heaven is weird but ... It's my Heaven and I Like it. No one is hurting me here. No one is making things up. No one is saying bad things. I don't feel unwanted. I feel at home.