Santa's Gone Sneaky

Rude Love (A Chanbaek Fanfic)

 

Disclaimer: Okay this is sort of a Christmas themed part. We know it's almost February, but were were busy with break and school. Plus this chapter is pretty long, so we are sorry for our procrastination (Like mate, stop procrastinating) Without further ado:

 

 

Chanyeol wakes up in a hurry. He looks at his phone. 6:17. ! Chanyeol curses. He had slept through his alarm. He rushes to put on his clothes and rushes down the stairs, arms flailing about trying to put on his sweater. He rushes into the kitchen and grabs his favorite cereal. As he races around the kitchen, Yoora pops her head in.

“Chanyeol! What the hell are you doing? Some people are trying to sleep!” She yells as she walks in with a pissed off look on her face.

“I am running late!” He says pouring his milk over his cereal.

“Chanyeol you still have an hour. Calm your .” She says. Chanyeol relaxes a bit. “I’m going back to sleep.” She says walking out of the room. As she walks, Chanyeol can faintly hear her mutter, “Weirdo” under her breath.He starts to eat his breakfast slower and go through his instagram. As he looks up at the clock it reads 7:28. He races out of the house in a hurry.



 

Chanyeol decides to take the bus to school today. He gets off and continues his walk to school. He walks in the doors and goes to find his locker. All of a sudden he sees Kyungsoo and Jongin looking right at him. Chanyeol gives them a wave before running. He hears footsteps running behind him and Jongin shouting his name. They catch up to Chanyeol and they all stop running. He turns around to face the people he really doesn't want to talk to right now.

“Chanyeol, you might know what we want to talk to you about” Kyungsoo says sternly

“Oh, you are mistaken. My name is Park Canola, his twin brother!” Chanyeol gives off a smile knowing he told the perfect lie.

“Yeah okay, Chanyeol, we're not buying it.” Jongin says while rolling his eyes.

Chanyeol takes out his walkie-talkie and whispers to Baekhyun.

“Eagle1, Mouse in House and Fox in Box have found me. Over.” Jongin snatches the walkie-talkie out of Chanyeol's hand and presses the button to talk.

“Eagle1, this is Fox in Box, get your over here. Over.” Jongin says gritting his teeth. He gives Chanyeol the walkie-talkie back. Chanyeol goes back on the walkie-talkie.

“Eagle1, come by the front door, and hurry!” Chanyeol says in a rushing voice. All Baekhyun said in response was “Oh .”



 

Baekhyun rushes over to where Chanyeol said he was. He sees Chanyeol next to the two with his head down. He looks up and sees Baekhyun.

“Eagle1!” He screeches. “Save me!” Baekhyun runs over to where they are and is faced by an angry Jongin and angry Kyungsoo.

“Okay.” Jongin starts. “Care to explain why you were in my house?” He says tapping his foot on the ground.

“Well. We were just- We were trying to… Water your lamps?” Chanyeol says.

“Try again.” Kyungsoo says coldly.

“Okay fine. We were trying to see why Kyungsoo was being suspicious. Honest.” Baekhyun explains.

“Why did you go through my phone though?!” Kyungsoo asks.

“We didn’t!” Chanyeol says.

“Then what is this?” Kyungsoo yells. He shows them the video Baekhyun accidentally took on Kyungsoo’s phone. Baekhyun and Chanyeol look at each other with a ‘We’re ed’ look.

“Okay. Don’t be mad.” Baekhyun starts. “We may have figured out your secret.”

“We promise not to tell anyone.” Chanyeol adds.

“Well thanks. I guess.” Jongin says. “But- Everyone already knows.”

“You told everyone else but not us?” Chanyeol yells.

“Well what do you think the ‘The Thing We Don’t Talk About’ is?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Wow.” Baekhyun says bitterly. “Y’know we have as much a right to be mad as you do.”

“Okay. Let’s just call it even?” Jongin says. “Except for you, Chanyeol. You owe me 50 bucks for a new lamp.”

“Okay done!” Chanyeol says. The bell rings and the four split off to go to their classes.

 

Everyone goes to their classes, and time flies by fast. As lunch time approaches, everyone walks up to their regular lunch table. Jongdae comes running to the table with a smile on his face

“Guys! I just had a revelation.”

“What is this revelation you have?” Minseok asks.

“Because I'm super broke, and I don't feel like getting all eleven of you guys presents, we should do secret santa!” Jongdae says while clapping his hands.

“Ohhh yeah, Santa's gone sneaky!” Chanyeol says. Everyone gives Chanyeol confused face.

“Santa's gone what?” Yixing questions.

“Yeah! It is what me and Yoora called it when we were kids. It kinda just stuck I guess.”

“Okay, don't say that again! Anyway, so is everyone up for the idea?” Jongdae asks. Everyone nods their heads liking the idea of secret santa. Sehun then raises his hand.

“Question, what if we get someone we hate.”

“Then don't pick out someone you hate.” Luhan says. Sehun rolls his eyes and continues eating.

“Here, you can borrow my hat for the names” Tao says while giving Jongdae his hat.

 

Jongdae hurriedly takes semi-proportionate papers with all twelve names on them in Tao’s red hat and shakes them up.

“Okay!” He says. “If you pick yourself just put it back in.”

“I am so excited. This was a splendid idea, Jongdae!” Chanyeol exclaims.

“Thanks? I guess..” Jongdae replies confusedly.

“Anyway let’s get to picking. I want to see which one of you losers I have to buy a gift for.” Sehun says.

“Oofity oof. You guys just got roasted and toasted.” Junmyeon says with a proud smile. Everyone turns to him with disgust.

“You’re trying waaaaay too hard. Tone it down a bit.” Kris says. Junmyeon nods.

“Why does he sound like a nine year old fortnite youtuber?” Minseok whispers.

“Oh my god he does.” Baekhyun responds.

“He embarrasses us.” Kyungsoo mumbles.

“Anyway. Let’s get to picking.” Jongdae says, trying to change the subject. They each line up picking a paper out of the hat. After Kris picks, Junmyeon reaches his hand in the hat. He flips open the paper. ‘Sehun’. He folds it back up and sets it in.

“I got myself.” He lies, shaking up the papers and grabbing another one. Kris looks at his paper confusedly. ‘Junmyeon’. What a liar. He thinks to himself.

 

After everyone grabs a paper, Chanyeol looks down at his. ‘Baekhyun’. He didn’t know what to get him quite yet, but was excited that he got his best friend to buy a gift for.

 

Minseok happily skips up to the hat and pulls out a paper. He gets pushed out of the line by the impatient Sehun behind him. He opens up his paper slowly. Not Sehun. Not Sehun. He opens his eyes and stares at the name on it. ‘Jongdae’. Pleasantly surprised. He thinks to himself. He happily shoves the paper slip in his sock.

 

Sehun sits with Luhan in their class in the back seats. Sehun is angrily going off about his secret santa.

I can’t believe I got Chanyeol!” He groans. Luhan nods. “I mean does the universe hate me?! Did I do something wrong? This is the worst Christmas ever!” Sehun whines. “Anyway, who’d you get Luhan?” Sehun asks. Luhan looks down at the crumpled paper in his hands. ‘Sehun’.

“I’m not telling you.”

“Oh come on. Now i’m curious.”

“It’ll ruin the Christmas Magic.”

“That’s stupid.”

“You’re stupid.” Luhan retorts. Sehun puts his hand over his heart in fake betrayal.

“No u.” He responds with a stupid grin.

“I feel like i’m losing brain cells whenever I talk to you.”

“Hurtful.” Sehun responds. Their class starts and the two shut up.

 

Once everyone gets their things, they all walk towards the area they usually meet at after school. Baekhyun, Sehun, Luhan, Yixing, and Minseok are standing around on their phones, waiting for the others. Chanyeol happily skips over to his friends.

“Howdy!” Chanyeol greets. They all mumble a, ‘hi.’ As Chanyeol stands in silence with his friends, he waits for the other to arrive. Once everyone gets there, Baekhyun speaks up.

“Hey guys. I have to leave. I need to buy Hani a Christmas present.”

“A Christmas present? You guys are that serious?” Jongdae asks.

“Yeah. And don’t tell anyone  but we kissed the other day.” He whispers. Everyone looks surprised. Chanyeol crosses his arms.

“When was this?” He asks, annoyed.

“Um, Sunday night. After the party.”

“I see.” Chanyeol says, clearly pissed off.

“Alright then? I’m going to go.” Baekhyun says, strolling out the door.

 

“What’s your damage?” Junmyeon asks.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asks.

“You seem to not like this Hani chick.” Minseok points out.

“I do not know why. She just gives me the heebie jeebies.” Chanyeol confesses.

“So you really hate her?” Jongin asks.

“Yeah. But there is no reason for it. I just do not like her at all.”

“Next time on Buzzfeed Unsolved.” Luhan says dramatically. Kris rolls his eyes.

“Anyway, I will see you guys later.” Chanyeol says with a sigh.

“Bye Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo says.

 

Everyone decides to go home except for Kyungsoo, who walks off down the hall to the library. As Junmyeon says goodbye to Kris he spies Kyungsoo taking off the other way. He raises his eyebrow in confusion and decides to follow the sneaky man. As he peers into the doors of the library, he sneakity sneaks into the aisles and looks down each one in search of Kyungsoo. He comes across Kyungsoo hiding in between two aisles, reading some fancy book.

 

“What’s happening, broski?” Junmyeon jumps in front of Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo shrieks and topples over onto his side.

“God dammit Junmyeon” He yells. “You scared the out of me!”

“Sorry.” Junmyeon apologizes and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “Whatcha doing?”

“Well I WAS studying. But now i’m talking to you.”

“Oof. Well then. Umm who’d you get for Santa’s Gone Sneaky?”

“Santa’s Gone Sneaky? You sound more and more like Chanyeol each day.” Kyungsoo points out. Junmyeon’s eyes widen in horror.

“Holy . No.”

“I think you might need some therapy.”

“Yeah, I know a guy. Anyway who did you get for Secret Santa?” He says emphasizing the last two words.

“Oh. I got Jongin.”

“Ah.” He says with a smile on his face. “Do you know what you are gonna get him?”

“No. No clue whatsoever.” Kyungsoo sighs. Junmyeon smiles again stupidly.

“I have an idea.” Junmyeon smiles evilly and pulls out something from his bag.

“Junmyeon no.” Kyungsoo says.

“Why not?” Junmyeon whines. Kyungsoo sighs in annoyance.

“That’s the stupidest ever.” Kyungsoo says. “I’m not giving him that.”

“Well what did you have in mind?”

“I don’t know.” Kyungsoo says. Junmyeon slides the thing closer to Kyungsoo and stupidly grins.

“Oh fine. Give me that.” Kyungsoo says, swiping it. “Just know i’m blaming you if this goes south.” He stuffs the thing in his bag and storms out of the library, leaving Junmyeon behind on the library floor.



 

Chanyeol goes back home and walks to his room. He sits down on his bed and wonders what he'll get Baekhyun. He then gets an idea. He gets out his phone and texts Baekhyun

 

Chanyeol: Hello Baekhyun! I have a question

Baekhyun: What is it?

Chanyeol: If you were an animal, which animal would you be?

Baekhyun: Uhh, why?

Chanyeol: It is for science!

Baekhyun: Uhm okay. I would probably be a duck because I think they're cute.

Chanyeol: Okay! Thanks!

 

Chanyeol gets out a piece of paper and writes the word duck plushie on it. He gets up and goes to Yoora’s room.  He doesn’t knock and just goes right into her room.

“Chanyeol what the hell! Get out of my room!” Yoora screams.

“I will in a second, I just wanna ask a question. Do you still have your bracelet making kit?” Chanyeol asks

“Maybe, check in the basement” Yoora replies.

“Okay, but can you come with me?” Chanyeol says in a scared tone

“No, now off.” Yoora says in a snappy tone

“Please!!! It is really scary down there” Chanyeol whines

“Ugh fine, but you gotta leave me alone for the rest of the day” Yoora says while getting up. Chanyeol nods whilst they walk to the basement.

 

They walk down to the basement and turn in the lights. Chanyeol looks through all the shelves until he finds Yoora’s old stuff. He takes it out and looks through it one by one until he spots her bracelet making kit.

“Here it is! Now let's hurry and go back upstairs” Chanyeol says in a rushed tone. Yoora races upstairs and slams the door on Chanyeol. She holds the door while Chanyeol is banging on it.

“Open the door, I'm scared!” Chanyeol screams

“Nope! Find another way” Yoora says snickering. Chanyeol sighs and sits in the corner of the room.

 

After a while Yoora starts to get worried. She cracks open the door to find Chanyeol asleep on the ground.

“What the ?” Yoora mutters. She walks over to Chanyeol and shakes him violently.

“Hey! Are you dead? You better not be dead!” Chanyeol slowly wakes up while rubbing his eyes. He stands up and runs towards his room locking his door. He gets out his friendship bracelet and starts working on it.




 

Later that week everyone has gotten their gifts. They all decide to meet up at Baekhyun's house to exchange gifts. Once everyone gets their Junmyeon claps his hands and starts to speak.

“Alrighty guys! Everyone's here so I think we should start secret santa now!” Everyone nods their heads excited to open their presents. They all lay their Christmas presents on the table.

“Guys, someone should be the Santa and give everyone their gifts. But I don’t have a Santa hat” Baekhyun states. Junmyeon then pulls out a Santa hat and throwing it to Sehun.

“I think Sehun should be the santa and spread some Christmas joy.” Junmyeon says grinning.

“Oh no, I am not being the Santa. I will take your Christmas joy and shove it up your !” Sehun says throwing the Santa hat at Junmyeon.

“I’ll do it, i’ll be the santa!” Yixing pipes up.

“I will help too!” Chanyeol says happily.

“Perfect!” Junmyeon says giving the hat to Yixing.


 

Yixing stands next to the boxes and picks a random present up.

“Alright this one is for Jongdae!” Yixing says while handing it to Jongdae. He takes the present and rips it open. He pulls out an inflatable dinosaur costume. He sets it down next to him and sighs.

“Okay, who did this? Who was responsible for this?” He looks around and everyone looks somewhere else not making eye contact.

“Okay, I will make my guess now. I think it's Sehun!” Jongdae points at Sehun with a grin on his face. Sehun looks at Jongdae with a weird expression on his face.

“Why would I buy an expensive gift for you guys?” Sehun says. Everyone nods their head agreeing with Sehun.

“Okay Sehun, since you're being such a lovely person who don't you go next?” Tao pipes up


 

“Okay Sehun! The next one is for you!” Chanyeol says with a smile. Sehun rolls his eyes.

“Let’s get this over with.” He groans. He grabs the tissue paper and throws it across the room. He looks down in the bag and sees his present.

“Okay! Who is the prick who did this?” He says angrily, his voice raising. He pulls out a rainbow beanie with ironed on letter that spell out “No Homo Tho”. Everyone bursts out laughing.

“Honestly.” He says loudly, and everyone quiets down. “I love it. Thanks whoever.” He says calmly. He puts it on his head.

“Sehun who do you think it is?” Junmyeon asks.

“Don’t know, don’t care enough to guess.” Sehun responds flatly.

“Well okay then Let’s just move on.” Jongin says.


 

Yixing gets the next present and hands it to Junmyeon. He looks at everyone and opens his present slowly. He takes out a panic Pete and begins to smile. Junmyeon starts playing with the panic pete thanking whoever got him the gift.

“Hmm, I think it's Kris because you know what I like” Junmyeon says confident in his answer.

All Kris said was a short and simple “okay.”


 

“Okay Luhan! You are next!” Chanyeol skips happily over and places a bag in front of him. He throws out the tissue paper and pulls out a bag of dum dums.

“Ooh candy!” He shrieks. “I love it. 10/10 gift.” He smiles and puts a cotton candy dum dum in his mouth. “I think it's Yixing! Cause he’s the only one who is nice to me.” Yixing smiles. Luhan smiles back at him and signals to start the next gift giving.

 

Yixing takes the present and smiles handing it to Tao. He took the present and started to unwrap it. He takes out a box and opens it wondering what’s inside. Inside the box was a panda plushie. He takes out the plushie and and hugs it while smiling. He thanked whoever gave him the gift while smiling.

“I think that Yixing got me the gift, just because he smiled at me while handing me the gift.” Yixing looks at Tao with a curious face.


 

Chanyeol smiles and grabs a present. He grabs the tag and reads it aloud.

“Ooh this one is for Minseok!” He shouts excitedly as he shoves the large box into his hands. Minseok shrugs and tears off the wrapping paper. He smiles until he sees the present and his smile turns to a scowl.

“Alright who gave me a ing mop head?” He yells. Everyone snickers. “So I like things clean. Doesn’t mean you have to make fun of me for it!” He says, frowning.

“Oh lighten up Minseok!” Jongdae says.

“Ugh fine. Just move on.”  Minseok grumbles. Yixing nods.


 

Yixing grabs the next give and reads the tag. He hands it to Kris as he looks excited to see what his secret santa got him. He opens it and immediately his smile turns into a frown.

“Alrighty, who got me this?” He pulls out a bottle of juice with a disbelief expression on his face. Everyone bursts into laughter.

“I think it’s Sehun because he’s not creative and gives ty gifts!” Sehun looks at Kris in a bitter way.

“Alright, quick break, but do you guys wanna know what I got for Hani?” Baekhyun asks.

“No, we still have a lot of gifts to pass out” Chanyeol says immediately shutting down Baekhyun.

“Jeez, okay whatever” Baekhyun says putting his hands up in a defending way.


 

“Here is the next gift!” Chanyeol shouts angrily. “Who is it for?” He reads the tag and laughs bitterly. “Oh it’s for Baekhyun! Here.” He says shortly and throws the box and it hits Baekhyun in the arm. Baekhyun opens the box and pulls out three items. A small gray duck plushie and two matching bead bracelets. One says ‘Best’ while the other says ‘Buckaroos’. Baekhyun smiles.

“I think I might know this one.” Chanyeol grins, forgetting about his anger instantly. “Is it Chanyeol?”

“No?” Chanyeol says. “Let us move swiftly on.”

 

Yixing grabs the next present and gives it to Jongin. He unwraps it excitedly and it’s a box. He opens the box to be met with another box. He opens that box and pulls out another box. Jongin looks around to see everyone snicker. He rolls his eyes and keeps on pulling out box after box. He finally reached the end of the box and pulls out a folded piece of paper. He opens it up to see a dora bowl on it. He gives everyone a confused glance as he holds it up.

“What the heck is this?” He asks. “I don’t even wanna guess, but i’ll guess Junmyeon.” He says with a sigh.

“Hey pretty close!” Junmyeon says holding up finger guns.

 

Chanyeol grabs the next gift and hands it to Kyungsoo. He takes the small box with curiosity. and opens it up. Inside is a folded piece of lined paper. He takes out the paper  and it reads, “One free punch. You’re welcome. XOXO-your secret santa ;)” Kyungsoo gasps and smiles.

“OOOH! I get to punch one of you guys!” he shrieks.

“Who do you think gave you the gift?” Luhan asks.

“Hmm. I have no clue. I’ll just place my bets on… Chanyeol?”

“Why ME?” Chanyeol yells. Kyungsoo shrugs.

“I don’t know man. I guess you just have a punchable face.”

“What have I done to deserve this discrimination?” Chanyeol scoffs. “You know what Yixing? Just bring over the next gift.” Yixing get up to grab the next gift.

 

Yixing takes another present and reads the tag. He gets excited as he reads the present is for him. He opens up the present and pulls out a minecraft sheep figurine. He starts to laugh as he looks at the figurine.

“Hmm, thanks for whoever got me this! I think that Chanyeol got me this gift!” He says while looking at Chanyeol.

“Okay, if that’s what you think then alright buckaroo!”

 

Chanyeol picks up the last gift and examines the writing scribbled on the paper.

“Ooh! It is for me!” Chanyeol squeaks. He slides over to where everyone else is and lets out a happy scream.

“Okay. Nice wrapping job whoever.” Junmyeon scoffs. “It’s just a square of tissue paper secured with a piece of… dental floss?”

“I do not care what the packaging is. It is the gift that matters!” Chanyeol says enthusiastically. He takes the edge of the floss and pulls it to reveal yet another folded note. This reads, “You are an absolute mad lad. Merry Christmas or whatever.” Chanyeol's smile turns into a confused frown.

“Thanks I guess?” He says, trying to be optimistic.

“Um. Who do you think it is?” Jongin asks.

“I really do not know.” Chanyeol says. After a while of thinking he comes up with a name. “Minseok?” He asks confusedly.

“Is that your final guess?” Tao asks.

“I guess so.” Chanyeol says with a sigh.




 

“Alright so whoever got Jongdae the dinosaur present raise your hand” Yixing says eager to know who it is. Minseok puts his hand up in excitement.

“Ugh, I should have known! I forgot that we talked about wanting to get a dinosaur costume!” Jongdae says, frustrated.

“I honestly thought you'd get that, guess not” Minseok says shrugging. Jongdae whines, frustrated he didn't guess Minseok.


 

“Sehun!” Junmyeon says. “You guessed… no one.”

“Who was it?” Sehun asks flatly.

“It was Luhan!” Junmyeon says dramatically. Sehun shrugs.

“Figures.” He says throwing his new hat up in the air and catching it again.

“You really aren’t surprised?” Luhan asks.

“Nah. Not really.”

“Sehun is a Christian the Piston.” Chanyeol says. Everyone turns and gives him a strange glance.

“Not even gonna ask.” Tao says, rolling his eyes.

“Sehun is kind of a buzzkill.” Kyungsoo points out.

“He ruins all our fun.” Jongin agrees.

“Hey. Don't hate the player, hate the game.” Sehun says indifferently. Junmyeon sighs with disappointment.

“Sehun is a lost cause.” He says. “Let’s move onto someone else.”

 

“Okay Junmyeon, do you still think Kris got you this gift?” Yixing asks him. Junmyeon nods, positive in his answer.

“Okay, whoever got Junmyeon, raise your hand.” Yixing says. Kris automatically raises his hand smiling at Junmyeon.

“See, I told you guys! I just knew it. Am I smart or what?” Junmyeon says brushing off his shoulders.

“Yeah, woo hoo, congratulations you got it right” Sehun says throwing his hands up sarcastically. Junmyeon rolls his eyes at Sehun, sending him a death glare.

“Well Kris, thank you for this gift. I will be keeping this forever” Junmyeon says, examining his new gift.

“Good, because I thought you’d need it” Kris says, earning an eye roll from Junmyeon.


 

“Okay who got Luhan candy?” Jongdae asks. Junmyeon smiles and raises his hand confidently.

“Thank you for my lollipops. They are delicious.”

“This doesn’t get the joke.” Kris snickers. Junmyeon smiles, trying to contain his laughs.

“Wait, what joke?” Luhan asks confusedly.

“Seriously? You don’t get it?” Junmyeon says.

“No. explain.”

“You are not fun.” Chanyeol says.

“Explaaaiiinnn.”

“Dum dums. As in you’re stupid. As in you’re a ‘dum dum’.” Junmyeon says, clearly a little annoyed.

“Ohhhhhhhhh…”

“I’ve lost faith in my friends.’’ Baekhyun says, sighing.

“I second that.” Kyungsoo says.

 

“Alrighty Tao, do you still think Yixing got you that gift?” Baekhyun says.

“Hmmm” Tao scans the room looking at everyone’s facial expressions. He spots Kyungsoo looking down, avoiding his eye contact.

“I change my guess to Kyungsoo!” Tao says confidently.

“Is that your final guess?” Baekhyun asks, looking at both Kyungsoo and Tao.

“Yes! I'm positive!” All of a sudden Yixing bursts out laughing pointing at Tao.

“Ha! It was actually me who got you the gift, not Kyungsoo! You should've kept your first guess” Yixing says in between laughs. Tao rolls his eyes and hugs his panda plushie.

“Oh whatever, you guys both just looked super suspicious, so I didn't know who to choose!” Tao says defending himself.

“Yeah yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night” Yixing says, not laughing anymore.

 

“Okay so who gifted Minseok this lovely...m-mophead?” Jongin says, trying to hold back his laughs.

“Whoever did is getting their beat.” Minseok mumbles angrily.

“That would be me.” Baekhyun says proudly, with a smug look. Minseok frowns bitterly.

“Oh come on! It’s funny!” Baekhyun justifies his present.

“Oh haha I like things clean. So FuNnY.” He mocks in a stupid voice. Baekhyun pretends to look extremely hurt.

“I thought it was pretty funny…” Tao chimes in quietly. Baekhyun springs up.

“Thank you! Someone who appreciates my humor!” He yells, violently gesturing toward Tao.

“Oh whatever Baekhyun.” Minseok spits bitterly.

“Let’s just move on before someone gets hurt…” Kyungsoo says, pulling Baekhyun down to the floor slowly.

 

“Okay, Kris. Do you still think Sehun got you the bottle of juice?” Junmyeon says snickering.

“Yeah, and I do know it's Sehun for a fact” Kris says rolling his eyes.

“Oh really?” Sehun asks.

“Yes really!” Kris says pointing his finger at Sehun.

“Calm down you two! Now, whoever got Kris please raise your hand.” Junmyeon says. Jongdae raises his hand slowly looking at Kris with an unamused look. Kris immediately regrets calling it a ty gift.

“My gift was kind of a joke, and I can't believe you would think that Sehun got you this! Do you really think of me as a Sehun? I hope not!” Jongdae says, his voice getting louder with every word he spoke.

“Woah, I definitely don't think of you as a Sehun. That's definitely a rude thing to be called” Kris says as Sehun scoffs.

“Jongdae, thank you for the gift!” Kris says with a big smile on his face.

“If it was Sehun you wouldn't thank him!” Jongdae slaps back. Kris sighs not wanting to argue with him.

 

“Baekhyun! You guessed Chanyeol, and coincidentally it was… Chanyeol!” Yixing says with jazz fingers.

“Wow! So perceptive.” Chanyeol says with admiration.

“It was fairly easy Chanyeol. You texted me, ‘What’s your favorite animal?’ and I said, ‘duck’ and now a duck magically appears in my present.”

“Well-”

“And also who else would use the word Buckaroo?”

“That’s true, that’s true. I am a unique specimen.”

“Also, do you want the ‘Best’ or the ‘Buckaroo’? I mean I kind of wanted the ‘Buckaroo’ but you can have it if you want.” Chanyeol says holding out the bracelets.

“No no. That’s okay. I’ll take the ‘Best’.”

“Wow, really! Thanks Baekhyun!” He says happily as he slips the Buckaroo Bracelet on his wrist. Sehun snickers and Kyungsoo elbows him in the side.

 

“Alright Jongin, who do you think got you your gift?” Baekhyun questions him.

“Well, my first guess was Junmyeon, but looks like he already got someone a gift. There's not that much people left.” Jongin says while looking at the remaining people left. His eyes land on Kyungsoo as they make eye contact for a second. Jongin immediately looks away blushing.

“Okay, I think that Kyungsoo got me this!” Jongin says still blushing.

“Kyungsoo! Did you get Jongin his gift?” Baekhyun says.

“Yes I did” he did while smiling.

“You did? Please explain what this means” Jongin laughs while holding up his present.

“Well it's a Dora bowl, and you're a Dora bowl” Kyungsoo says while looking down. Jongin glances at Kyungsoo with a confused expression.

“Well, in English when you say 'you're a Dora bowl’ it sounds like 'you're adorable'” Kyungsoo says. Jongin finally gets it while giggling.

“Well thank you Kyungsoo! I think you're a Dora bowl too!” Jongin says while Kyungsoo blushes. A loud cough can be heard from Sehun as he fake gags. He earns death glares from around the room as he holds his hands up in a defending way.


 

“Okay who gave me my free punch? Thanks by the way.” Kyungsoo asks, excitedly.

“I did.” Tao says, with a small hint of regret in his tone. “Feel free to use it whenever.” Kyungsoo smiles evilly.

“Could I use it now?” He asks deviantly.

“I guess if you wanted to…” Tao tenses up as Kyungsoo hands him the paper and starts warming up his wrist. He braces for the impact of Kyungsoo’s fist, but instead of feeling pain, he hears a yelp from the other direction. He immediately opens his eyes and sees Sehun writhing around in pain on the floor.

“Kyungsoo!” Junmyeon gasps. “Nice aim!”

“What the hell man!” Sehun yells with anger. Kyungsoo shrugs. Tao glares at Kyungsoo, worriedly.

“You never said I had to use it on you.” He says, an innocent tone and look forming on his face.

“That's-” A ‘yikes’ expression forms on Tao’s face. “That’s true… Sorry Sehun.”

“Next time.” He says angrily. “BE MORE SPECIFIC.”

“I shall go get Sehun some ice. The rest of you can continue.” Chanyeol says, getting up.

 

“Alright Yixing , who do you think got you your gift?” Tao says.

“I did think it was Chanyeol, but I guess not. But there's only two people left. Sehun or Jongin” Yixing says while looking at the two. Sehun has a blank expression on his face, but Jongin is looking everywhere but Yixing .

“Alright! Jongin you got me this gift right?” Yixing asks positive he got it right. Jongin looks at him while nodding.

“I did! I thought you might've liked it because a sheep is your favorite animal in real life and in Minecraft.” Jongin says smiling.

“You're correct! Thanks bro, and later we should finish up our sheep store in Minecraft!” Yixing says excitedly. Jongin immediately holds up two thumbs up.

“What the hell is a sheep store?” Sehun asks.

“You wouldn't get it Sehun!” Yixing yells at him.

“Yeah, only true intellectuals get the meaning if a sheep store!” Jongin says.

“I don't even play Minecraft with them and I even know what a Sheep store is” Baekhyun says shaking his head.

“Get with the program Sehun!” Junmyeon says with a disapproving look. Sehun looks at everyone mouth agape as he sits down.

“Why do I even try to communicate with you guys?” he mutters to himself.

 

“Okay Chanyeol…” Junmyeon says slowly. “Your secret santa was- drum roll please!” Everyone starts a drumroll in their legs while Junmyeon waves his fingers around whimsically.

“Sehun!” He tries to say in the most enthusiastic way possible. They all turn to look at Sehun, who in turn is staring down at his phone.

“Ahem. Sehun.” Junmyeon says, annoyance present in his snippy tone.

“What?” He says looking up. “Oh yeah. Uh merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah.”

“Oh i’m sorry you got Sehun.” Kyungsoo says sympathetically.

“No it is okay. The gift was not the worst.” Chanyeol says, with a faint hurt expression.

“See!” Sehun chimes in. “It took a lot of effort. I had to ask for a piece of paper and a pen to make that!”

“You didn’t even use your own materials?” Minseok asks.

“I don’t have materials.”

“How do you write notes?” Baekhyun asks, raising his eyebrow.

“I ask the person next to me.” Sehun shrugs carelessly. Everyone sighs.

“It’s usually me.” Junmyeon sighs deeply.

“Sehun, you are the worst type of person.” Kris says, clearly not surprised at Sehun’s antics.

“Hey Chanyeol! If you want, we’ll all chip in to buy you a new present.” Yixing suggests. Everyone nods in agreement.

“No that is okay. In a way, I got a really good present!” He says happily, holding up his wrist and showing off his new friendship bracelet. Baekhyun smiles brightly.

 

“On that touching note, I think that concludes tonight's Shindig!” Jongdae says.

“Cool. I’m out.” Sehun says, finger gunning and walking straight out the door.

“It is time to go already?” Chanyeol asks. Jongin nods.

“It’s late man.” Jongin answers. Chanyeol checks the time. 10:42. Oh dang.

“Okie dokie then! See you all tomorrow!” Chanyeol says happily as he walks out along with the others. As he is walking down the street towards his house, he brings up his wrist. I hope Baekhyun enjoyed my present. Because I sure do! He admires the bracelet as he walks into his house to retire for the night.