A New "Friend"

Rude Love (A Chanbaek Fanfic)

 

Kim Jongdae created a chat.

 

Kim Jongdae added Kim Junmyeon, Kim Minseok, Zhang Yixing, Huang Tao, Wu Kris, Oh Sehun, Kim Jongin, Do Kyungsoo, and LuHan.

Kim Jongdae: Hey guys, i’ve been thinking. We’ve been friends for a long time and we’re all friends with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. But, they don’t even know each other yet. Should we add them to this group chat and introduce them?

Junmyeon: Yeah! That’s a great idea!

Sehun: Nooo, I like our friendship the way it is! Chanyeol and Baekhyun would ruin it! They’re annoying! Especially Chanyeol!

Kyungsoo: Shut up Sehun! No one cares about your opinion.

Sehun: ╭∩╮( ͡° ل͟ ͡° )╭∩╮

Minseok: What a nerd

Tao: Jongdae, just do it!

Sehun: Wait nooo, stop!

Kim Jongdae added Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol.

Jongdae: Hey!

Baekhyun: Hello?

Jongdae: So, I just wanted to create this group chat to introduce you to Chanyeol! Basically everyone here knows you and Chanyeol. But you don’t know each other. So we’re here to introduce you two!

Chanyeol: Sounds Dandy! He seems like a whimsical guy!

Baekhyun: How the heck did we both know all of you but not each other?

Kris: Basically, half of us were friends with Baekhyun. We then introduced Baekhyun to everyone except for Chanyeol because we didn’t even know he existed!

Jongin: The other half of us knew Chanyeol already so we introduced him to everyone else except for Baekhyun because he just wasn’t really there.

Chanyeol: That is too complicated. My brain hurts.

Sehun: Of course it does. ◔_◔

Baekhyun:Ohhh, okay!

Yixing: We should all hang out

LuHan: Okay, when?

Yixing:Tomorrow since we don’t have any school! We can go to the park. Is everyone cool with that?

Jongdae: Sounds cool!

Baekhyun: I’m alright with it

Chanyeol: Sounds stimulating!!!!!!!!! :)

Jongin: I’m down

Junmyeon: Yea!

Kyungsoo: Okay

Kris: Sounds good.

Tao: I’m in!

LuHan: Why not?

Minseok: I’ll be there!

Jongdae: Sehun?

Sehun: Yea, whatever.

Yixing: Okay! Sounds good. See ya there!










 

Chanyeol wakes up feeling excited to meet this new person! He loves to meet new people so he wants to look his best. He throws on a button up shirt and nice pants. He makes sure to do his hair extra nice for his meeting. He wonders how Baekhyun would like him. He’s always nice so Chanyeol thinks him and Baekhyun would get along well. Chanyeol was thinking of what shoes he should wear. He finally picked out a nice pair of loafers. He starts to walk out the door when his mom runs up to him.

“Where are you going?” his mom asks.

“Do not worry mom, I am not going too far! I am going to the park with my friends and possibly meeting someone new!”

“Okay Channy, also take this bag of seeds. I bought it a long time ago and now here’s our chance to use it!”

“Thanks mom! I am leaving now.” Chanyeol heads out the door excited to meet his new friend.


 

Baekhyun wakes up, not knowing what the day holds.He doesn’t know wether to be excited or nervous. He walks over to his dresser not knowing what to wear. He finally decides to wear something casual. Better to be his comfortable self when meeting someone new! He is curious to what everyone else is doing. Baekhyun looks down at his phone and realizes he is going to be late. Baekhyun hurries out the door and runs toward the park.


Chanyeol arrives at the park to see his friends waiting for him. He walks into the area to see Minseok sitting alone. He walks over to him and plops down next to him.

 

“Hey Chanyeol! Baekhyun isn’t here yet, obviously.” Minseok says.

“Yeah, I got that” Chanyeol says jokingly. “So whatcha doing?”

But just as Minseok started rambling on about what he was up to, Baekhyun ran into the park. Chanyeol was mesmerized by him. he started thinking to himself, “Am I too overdressed?” and “Why does he look better than I do?”

“Hello.” Chanyeol said holding out his hand, awkwardly. “I am Chanyeol. You may call me, Chanyeol”

Baekhyun stared at him with a strange look.

“Nice to meet you I guess?” Baekhyun said, not knowing what say. “I like your outfit…”

“I like yours too. You look very dapper.”

“Thanks?” Baekhyun says questionly

Chanyeol leans over to talk to Jongdae who has appeared.

“Hey man! how are you doing?” Jongdae asks.

“Well right now I am trying to mingle with Baekh-“ Chanyeol stops and looks around and he notices Baekhyun has left. “Well I was anyway. He was pretty cool. Definitely someone i could see myself being friends with him.”

“I’m glad you are getting along! I told Sehun it would be a good match!” Jongdae says excitedly

“I think he is super nice. I definitely want to talk to him more!”

“I am the best. Don’t you forget that.” Jongdae says





Baekhyun runs toward the park out of breath. When he gets there he sees Minseok and an unfamiliar face sitting next to him. He automatically assumes thats Chanyeol. He walks toward them and sees Chanyeol look at him, face lighting up. When Baekhyun arrives at the bench Chanyeol stands up. Wow, he’s tall. Baekhyun thinks. Why is he dressed up so nicely? This is a park not a family get together. He starts having a conversation with Chanyeol. Baekhyun didn’t know what to say after Chanyeol introduced himself so all he did was compliment his weird sense of fashion.

 

“I like yours too. You look very dapper.” Did he just call me dapper? I haven’t heard that word in a long time. All Baekhyun could say to that was a simple “Thanks?”

 

Baekhyun wants to get out of this awkward conversation. He walks away when Chanyeol isn’t looking. Baekhyun spots Sehun and Luhan talking to each other. He walks over to them to have a less awkward conversation then the one before with Chanyeol.

 

“Hey guys!” Baekhyun says enthusiastically.

“Hey Baekhyun” Luhan and Sehun say at the same time. “So, I saw you talking to Chanyeol, isn’t he nice?” Luhan asked Baekhyun.

“Eh, he’s alright. Kind of strange though.”

“Exactly! That’s why I didn’t want to invite him! He’s just annoying” Sehun says.

“Well, you get used to it after awhile” Luhan adds.


 

Everyone goes and splits off into their own conversations. Until Chanyeol feels something in his pocket. Oh yea, the seeds! I should tell everyone about them and see if anyone wants some

“Hey everyone! I have a packet of seeds” Chanyeol yells. yeah

“Why the do you have a packet of seeds? Do you carry it around with you?” Sehun asks in a harsh tone.

"Shut up Sehun. No one cares about your opinion” Kyungsoo says.

“My mom gave them to me before I walked out the door. She wanted me to share them with all of you! She bought some awhile ago and didn’t know what to do with them. So, she gave them to me!” Chanyeol says enthusiastically.

Upon hearing that Baekhyun whispers to Sehun. “Wait, he still lives with his mom?” Baekhyun asks

“I know, what a loser.” Sehun says whispering back

While everyone was thinking of ideas for what to do with the seeds, Sehun suddenly gets an idea for once.

“Wait, what about if we feed the birds with them! I think it would be good for them” Sehun says excitedly.

"No Sehun, that’s a stupid idea” Kris says.

“WAIT GUYS, what if we feed the birds with the seeds!” Jongin suddenly says.

Everyone nods agreeing with what Jongin says and walks away.

“Wait, that’s what I just said!” Sehun says angrily.

“Shut up Sehun, no one cares about your opinion.” Kyungsoo says to Sehun

Sehun flips Kyungsoo off while walking with the others to feed the birds. Everyone takes a handful of seeds and starts feeding birds one by one. Chanyeol then walks up to Baekhyun.

“Hey Baekhyun, I was thinking maybe in a couple of days we could like hang out with each other more! You seem like such a cool person and I would love to get to know you a little bit more!”

“Oh yea, sure. Just let me know when. We can settle the dates and where we can go.”

“Sounds like a darn good idea, friend. I feel like we are getting closer and closer by each minute! We should totally give each other nicknames!” Chanyeol says feeling happy inside

Baekhyun can feel himself cringing with every word that comes out of Chanyeol's mouth.

“Uhm sure, whatever you want. Friend?” Baekhyun inches away desperate to get out of this awkward situation.

Then all of a sudden Jongdae appears to see if his friends are hitting it off.

“Hey guys! How ya doing?” Jongdae says while walking up his friends

“We’re doing spectacular! I think that me and Baekkie over here are just really hitting it off!” Chanyeol says.

Don’t ever call me that again. Baekhyun thinks to himself. “Oh, we’re doing just fine.”

“Great! It’s always good to see my best friends being friends!” Jongdae said happily.

Baekhyun shivers. The thought of him being best friends with Chanyeol repulses him.

Jongdae smiles at them and walks away to go feed the birds. Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun and smiles.

“Can I collect your number, Baekkie?” Chanyeol says.

“Uhm sure Chanyeol. It’s ***-***-****”

“Great! I'll text you later Baekkie! Oh, you can call me Channy if you want!”

“I’m not going to call you that.” Baekhyun walks away in a huff.

“Are you still up for hanging out this weekend?” Chanyeol yells out a Baekhyun.

Baekhyun didn’t reply to his question, Chanyeol walks away moping. After they’re done feeding the birds they all get back together to talk on the grass.

“I’m bored, can I go home?” Sehun says with an annoyed voice

“Shut up Sehun.” Kyungsoo says clearly annoyed

“Yeesh, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.” Sehun says

“Anyway, is anyone doing anything tomorrow?” Yixing asks curiously.

“Well, I thought I had plans, but I do not know anymore..” Chanyeol says sadly.

“Oh. I have plans with Chanyeol this weekend.” Baekhyun says casually.

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun, a smile forming on his face.

“You still want to hang out with me?” Chanyeol looked elated.

“Yeah… Sure.” Baekhyun says. Oh I shouldn’t have mentioned that. I didn’t want to hang out with him this weekend. Baekhyun thinks to himself.

“Oh goody! Thanks Baekhyun, I thought you were gonna ditch me” Chanyeol says happily.

“You’re welcome?” Baekhyun says questionably. Everyone says goodbye and goes home. Chanyeol catches up to Baekhyun.

“Hey I will text you!” Chanyeol says.

“Oh, okay. Just text me the date and time then.” Baekhyun says to Chanyeol. Chanyeol skips off happily while Baekhyun sulks away.




 

It’s already night and Chanyeol starts to get ready for bed. Chanyeol thinks that Baekhyun was the perfect friend for him. Nice, amazing, and just has a cool personality. He was thinking when him and Baekhyun should hang out. Wait, tomorrow is Sunday which means no school which means it is the perfect time to hang out with Baekhyun! Chanyeol grins when he thinks of where to go. Chanyeol decides to just text Baekhyun and make the plans with him. He jumps in to his bed and pulls out his phone. It’s been a few minutes and Chanyeol wonders when Baekhyun is going to text him. He then starts to spam text Baekhyun waiting for his reply. He then falls asleep excited for tomorrow.





Baekhyun heads back to his house and gets ready to sleep. He was thinking about what happened today. Chanyeol was a little too nice to him and came off as strange. Sehun was right. Chanyeol is kinda annoying. He thinks to himself.  Baekhyun flops down on his bed and falls asleep.