OT11: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Rude Love (A Chanbaek Fanfic)

 

 

The phone rings and someone picks up. Baekhyun thinks to himself What do you say when someone answers the phone? Oh that’s right.

“Uhm hi” Baekhyun says to the other line.

“Hello?” The person responds

“Uhm hi?” Baekhyun says again.

“You already said that, who is this?” They question

“Uhh, it’s Baekhyun. It’s Baekhyun.”

“You said your name twice. Anyway, who’s Baekhyun? Do I know you?”

“Yeah! Hani, it’s me. Baekhyun from the coffee shop.”

“Ohh, Baekhyun! I remember you. So, what do you need?” Hani says

“Uhh would you like to go out with me this weekend? To the amusement park?” He blurts out. He put his phone on mute and sighs of embarrassment.

“Yeah sure! Of course. Text me the date and time. See you then! Bye Baekhyun!” She says happily. Baekhyun marches back to Chanyeol with a huge smile on his face.

“I fixed it!” He says.

“What have you fixed, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol enquiries.

“People will no longer think we’re dating!” Baekhyun smiles.

“And why would that be?” Chanyeol looks confused

“I’m going on a date with Hani from the cafe at the amusement park!”

“Oh, when? Because I heard Saturday around 2 o’clock is the best time to go because that's when tickets are the cheapest.”

“Oh really? That’s cool. I’ll tell Hani Saturday at 2 then.” Baekhyun says.

 

The rest of their friends walk up to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Jongdae, Minseok, Tao, Yixing, Kris, and Luhan have excited looks on their faces, while Sehun, Junmyeon, Kyungsoo, and Jongin look normal.

“Ok what’s up with you six?” Baekhyun asks.

“Well you didn’t even tell us that you and Chanyeol were dating!” Jongdae says. Baekhyun and Chanyeol groan.

“Oh my god. We are not dating!” Chanyeol says.

“Speaking of which, I even have a date with the girl from the coffee shop tomorrow. So i’ll see you later.” Baekhyun says. He walks away.

“Are you guys thinking what i’m thinking?” Minseok says, with an evil smile.

“We should spy on them.” Jongdae says excitedly

“We should go get cupcakes!” Chanyeol says at the same time as Minseok. Everyone stares at him.

“Or we can spy on them. That is probably a better idea.” Chanyeol says.

“We just need to know when and where!” Tao says.

“Oh I know where and when.” Chanyeol says casually.

“Well, spill!” Luhan says excitedly.

“Oh Baekhyun said they were going to the amusement park on Saturday at 2.” Chanyeol says.

“Oooh i’m excited” Jongin says.

“Okay, we will meet outside the gate at 1:30 p.m. sharp. Don’t be late crapweasels, or I will personally give you lethal injections.” Junmyeon says.

“Woah, jeez. Calm down. Lighten up!” Kris says

“Um I mean, you can be like five minutes late. I’m fine with that. Just please don’t turn up too late or I will literally go ballistic.” Junmyeon says, giving off a forced laugh.

“Ok i’m in!” Kyungsoo says.

“Ooh what an elaborate scheme. I’m so in.” Yixing says.

“I’ll bring my binoculars.” Kris says.

“I shall meet you guys there!” Chanyeol says, excitedly.

“Sehun?” Junmyeon asks.

“Fine, i’ll come but i’m not going to like it.” Sehun pouts.

“See you guys at 1:30 on the dot or i’ll-” Kris gives Junmyeon a disapproving look.

“Or i’ll be disappointed, but not mad. Well I gotta go.” Junmyeon scurries away.

“How come you can get him to stop threatening us?” Minseok asks Kris

“What do you mean?” Kris says

“Well when we tell him to stop, he says to kiss his . But when you tell him to stop, he actually stops and gets all weird.” Kyungsoo explains.

“Huh. I guess i’m special.” Kris smiles.

“Aw.” Jongdae says and punches him lightly on the arm. The ten of them leave the school eager for the elaborate scheme they have plotted for the next day.

 

Chanyeol wakes up to his alarm, Sweet witches by f(x). He gets out of bed remembering their plan. He walks over to his closet to pick out some black clothing. He finds a pair of black sweatpants along with a black long sleeved shirt. He gets dressed and walks over to his drawers. He opens it revealing a bunch of beanies. He takes out his black one and walks to his bathroom. He brushes his hair and puts the beanie on. Looking good. He thinks to himself. He checks the time and it’s only 11:56. He goes downstairs to eat breakfast and watch t.v as the time passes. Chanyeol then grabs his phone calling Baekhyun to see if he needs a ride.

“Hello?” Baekhyun answers.

“Hey Baekhyun, I was wondering if you need a ride?”

“What? To the amusement park? I can drive myself, you don’t need to come.” Baekhyun says. Chanyeol’s heart sinks as he forgot that Baekhyun wasn’t part of this plan.

“Ohh uhh I meant to call my moms friend Baekhyun, I forgot he died.” Chanyeol hangs up the phone as he sighs. He takes his phone out of his pocket to text the group chat (without Baekhyun)

 

Chanyeol: Guys, I almost foiled our plot. Haha, that would have been bad.

Kris: Oh god, what’d you do this time?

Chanyeol: I called Baekhyun asking him if he wanted a ride, but don’t worry he didn’t suspect anything. I didn’t tell him I was going to the amusement park.

Luhan: You’re such an idiot

Chanyeol: I know, I can be a nitwit sometimes

Kyungsoo: It could have been worse, you could have actually told Baekhyun you were going to the amusement park.

Chanyeol: That’s true, anyway see ya guys there

 

Chanyeol looks at the time and it reads 12:58. He decides to leave and head off to the park. When he stands up he had a fun little idea. He went on the ground sliding his way over to the door to practice his sneaking for this plan. Yoora stands up from the couch to see Chanyeol on the floor being stealthy.

“What the hell are you doing? Also, I meant to tell you this but you look like you’re about to commit a crime.”

“I’m practicing my stealthiness, now shut up so I can concentrate” Chanyeol says.

“Gosh, well whatever. Are you going to rob a bank or something? If you do then save some money for me.”

Chanyeol smiles while yelling “Mom, Yoora is going to rob a bank! She told me her plan.”

“Yoora!! Could you come here please!” Their mom yells from upstairs.

“Chanyeol!!” Yoora yells angrily.

“Sorry, gotta go, bye!” Chanyeol says while running out the door. He gets in his car and starts to drive to the amusement park.

 

Chanyeol arrives at the amusement park at exactly 1:30. Junmyeon, Yixing, and Kyungsoo had gotten there earlier. By the time 1:35 comes around everyone had arrived except for Sehun.

“Oh i’m going to kill him. I’m really going to do it.” Junmyeon mutters under his breath while pacing back and forth. Sehun arrives covered in tiny pieces of yarn.

“I’m here es! Sorry I was late, I was knitting a purse for my dog.” Sehun says.

“Three things. One: Why does your dog need a purse? Two: Why were you late when I gave you explicit instructions not to be? And Three: Why does your dog need a purse?” Junmyeon’s voice starts raising.

“Um, you said that twice.” Sehun says.

“I know. Why does your dog need a damn purse?”

“To store things. Duh. Also I didn’t mean to be late calm down.” Sehun says casually.

“I do not need to calm down!” Junmyeon yells.

“Maybe you should calm down.” Kyungsoo says.

“Maybe you should kiss my !” Junmyeon yells.

“Woah hey! Dude chill.” Kris says.

“I’m fine. I’m good. Sehun, i’m sorry for yelling. It wasn’t that big of a deal.” Junmyeon says calmly. Junmyeon walks away to contain himself.

“Okay, how the do you do that?” Sehun asks.

“I don’t know. It’s like magic.” Kris says.

“Okay heads! Um, I mean okay everyone, lets split up and monitor the area. Once Baekhyun and Hani arrive we will text each other every fifteen minutes on the group chat on our sightings and things we have observed. Got it? Okay go!” Junmyeon announces. The all split up amongst the park.



 

Baekhyun arrives at the park with Hani. They walk to the front gates to pay their entrance fee. As they start to pay the rest of the group hide behind bushes and trees.

“Okay, let’s go get our tickets now.” Baekhyun says excitedly. They pay for their tickets and wander off to their first ride.

“Hani, let’s go on the zipper! I love that ride.”

“I don’t really like scary rides, but i’ll go on with you.”

They make their way to the zipper and go on it. While they make their way up, it stops to allow other people on it.

 

“Chanyeol, get on the zipper with Sehun.” Tao says to them.

“No way in hell am I going on the zipper with Chanyeol.” Sehun says

“I am fine with it. It will be fun Sehun!” Chanyeol says.

Sehun sighs and agrees to go on it. They walk over and get on the ride. It starts going up, not stopping. Everyone flips over and Chanyeol starts screaming.

“Dude, shut up, you’re gonna blow our cover.” Sehun says to Chanyeol annoyed.

“I’m sorry! This ride is just spooky.” He says while trying not to scream.

 

Baekhyun gets a confused look on his face. Did I just hear Chanyeol’s shriek? Probably not. “That was weird.” Baekhyun mumbles to himself.

“What was that?” Hani asks.

“Oh nothing.” He smiles. She smiles back at him  

 

The ride ends and everyone gets off. When Chanyeol gets off he stumbles feeling a little bit dizzy.  Sehun and Chanyeol walk over to their friends. Sehun looks angry.

 

“Ok! Whoever decided to pair me up with stupid over here should go and themselves.” Sehun angrily yells.

“Woah. Rude.” Chanyeol says, frowning.

“It couldn’t have been that bad.” Kyungsoo says, trying to Cheer Up Chanyeol.

“It made me want to throw myself out of the cage. You think i’m exaggerating, but i’m not.” Sehun gives off a crazy stare at Chanyeol.

“I’m sure you’re exaggerating. You just need to calm down.” Kyungsoo assures. A shout from Junmyeon startles everyone.

“I’m perfectly calm!” He yells.

“Dude we weren’t talking to you.” Minseok says, raising his eyebrow.

“Oh. Sorry I guessed i’m just used to people telling me to calm down.” Junmyeon laughs in embarrassment and hides behind Kris.

“Anyway… did any of you hear or see anything?” Luhan asks.

“No. Chanyeol was distracting me.” Sehun gives a glare at him.

“No, I couldn’t find them.” Jongin says.

“Where are they now? We were too busy yelling at each other to watch them!” Tao says, scanning around.

“I got this.” Kris pulls out his binoculars and scans around.

“Are those really necessary?” Sehun mumbles. Junmyeon puts one finger over Sehun’s mouth.

“Shhh.” He says. “Leave him be.”

“But if I had brought them, you would smack me and call me an offensive insult.” Sehun persists.

“I said leave him be.” Junmyeon repeats.

“Hmph. I don’t see them.” Kris says, after looking through his binoculars.

“Those are some extravagant spectacles you have got there, Kris.” Chanyeol says, giving him a smile.

“Um… Thank you?” Kris gives everyone else a confused look.

 

Junmyeon stands up on a bench near them getting everyone's attention.

“Alright hoes, I mean my very nice friends, listen up. Here’s the plan, I’m going to put everyone in groups to find Hani and Baekhyun. Once someone finds them text exactly where your location is. Oh, i’m also going to be making the groups once again. Someone needs to be solo though because it’s an uneven number.” Before Junmyeon could say anything else Sehun raised his hand to volunteer and walked off.

“Alright then that takes care of that. Anyway, here are the teams, no complaining. Minseok and Jongdae, Chanyeol and Luhan, Tao and Yixing, Jongin and Kyungsoo, and then me and Kris.”

“Really?” Kyungsoo asks. Everyone looks shook. Chanyeol looks around in confusion. He wonders why Kyungsoo and Jongin really hate to be in groups with each other.

“I said no complaining.” Junmyeon states.

“But-” Jongin tries to argue but is cut off by Junmyeon.

“Bupbupbup. Go. Go split up into the areas I assigned you.” The groups walk off in opposite directions.




 

Jongin and Kyungsoo walk off toward the area Junmyeon assigned them. An Awkward Silence develops until Jongin decides to speak up.

“So how’s your day going?” He says, awkwardly.

“Don’t speak.”

“Okay.” The two walk around their portion of the park for a while, until they decide to take a break.

“Seems like they’re not here.” Kyungsoo observes.

“Really? I didn’t notice?” Jongin says sarcastically.

“Shut up Jongin, no one cares about your opinion”

“You never cared about my opinions anyway. I guess i’ll just stop talking then.”Jongin scoffs. He walks further away from Kyungsoo.

“But I didn’t mean to-” Kyungsoo calls out as Jongin walks away, clearly upset.


 

Minseok and Jongdae walk around to try to find Baekhyun and Hani. As they walk around Jongdae gets distracted by an ice cream truck.

“Let’s get ice cream to cool ourselves off” Jongdae says to Minseok excitedly.

Minseok laughs at how happy Jongdae looks at seeing the ice cream truck. “Cute” he says out loud.

“What’d you say?” Jongdae asks Minseok even though he knows exactly what he says.

“Oh haha, nothing. Just talking to myself. Anyway, ice cream sounds good, let's go.”

They head to the ice cream truck and order some ice cream. They sit down at a bench and start eating. Minseok then thinks of a mischievous plan. While Jongdae starts eating his ice cream Minseok pushes it in his face.

“Dude, what the heck? That costs money” Jongdae says annoyed

“Haha sorry, I thought it would be funny.”

“Well, it’s not. I was planning to eat that ice cream, but now I can’t” Jongdae says sadly.

Minseok regrets his idea but then gets another plan.

“Hey, I need to go to the bathroom i’ll be right back.” Jongdae doesn’t say anything to him while trying to clean his face.

Minseok runs up to the ice cream truck and buys another ice cream cone. He also buys water and gets a couple napkins. He runs back to Jongdae and puts his hands on his eyes.

“I’m back! And I brought something for you” Minseok says to Jongdae.

“What, just tell me?” Jongdae says impatient. Minseok goes around the bench and hands Jongdae a new ice cream cone.

“Wow! Thanks so much” Jongdae says cheerfully.

“Oh wait, you still have ice cream on your face. That’s why I got napkins and water” Minseok says to him. Jongdae turns to Minseok while he wipes the ice cream off.

“There, done” Minseok says while still laughing. Jongdae turns again to stare at Minseok. They sit staring at each other.

“Oh, uh we should go look for Baekhyun and Hani now” Minseok says blushing. Jongdae nods and stands up. They both go on their way to find Baekhyun and Hani.


 

Kris and Junmyeon walk off toward the part of the park where Junmyeon had assigned them.

“Okay.” Junmyeon starts. “Let’s do this as efficiently as possible. I can-”

“Dude. Why are you so uptight?” Kris cuts him off.

“I’m not uptight. I just like order. I can be relaxed.”

“Do relaxed people tell people to kiss their asses all the time?”

“Well… I have no response to your previous comment.”

“Exactly. You need to learn how to let go and ease up sometimes.”

“But I-”

“Being late is normal. Y’know sometimes people show up twenty minutes late to things.”

“Who would do such a thing? Who would do that?”

“You need to learn how to not let small things go to your head. Loosen up. Have some fun!”

“I’ll try I guess… But only because you told me to. If anyone asks I’m saying you are making me be ‘Fun Junmyeon’ against my will.”

“Ok, anything to help.” The two walk around the area, and for the first time in a while, a genuine smile is plastered over Junmyeon’s face.


 

Chanyeol and Luhan walk about in an aimless manner around the area they had been assigned by a certain angry, short man. Luhan looks bored, while Chanyeol skips around, not a care in the world.

“Chanyeol, why are you so happy right now?” Luhan asks, giving him a weird look as he frolics about.

“I’m having a dandy time. Don’t you think the world is so whimsical? What is there not to be so infatuated the universe? Y’know?”

“Yeah… Sure. Um, whatever floats your boat, Chanyeol.” Luhan says, clearly confused and weirded out by Chanyeol’s strange proclamation. Why did I get picked to be in a group with this guy? Sehun was right. Being in a group with him like hell. Luhan thinks to himself. Chanyeol starts skipping away in a carefree manner. Luhan groans. Could this go by any slower? He walks over to join Chanyeol who stopped to look at plants.

“Look at the pretty flowers!” Chanyeol remarks. Luhan bends in to get a better look at the plants Chanyeol is pointing at.

“Chanyeol those are weeds, not flowers.” He says flatly.

“Stop ruining my dreams!” Chanyeol huffs as he storms away from Luhan.

“Wow what did I say to make him go all ‘drama queen’?” Luhan mumbles under his breath as he walks over to Chanyeol. They walk in silence for the rest of the time.



 

Tao and Yixing walk up and down their section of the park. Yixing looks down at the ground and Tao has a blank stare on his face. The two pass my many souvenir shops, rides, and stands with various foods and strange drinks. Yixing starts walking strangely and blowing air onto his hair to make it flop about.

“Why are you being so awkward?” Tao asks with a confused look on his face.

“I don’t know what to do with myself.” Yixing admits.

“I should have been the one to go alone.” Tao mumbles.

“I wish I wasn’t here.” Yixing huffs.

“I wish I could go back to China.” Tao says.

“Ugh same.”

“I’m bored as . I wish I could like poof out of here.”

“Me too. This elaborate scheme isn’t as devious as I thought it would be.”

“I really don’t wanna be here. Can we just like sneak out?”

“That sounds really good to me, but I value my life, believe it or not, and I’m not trying to have Junmyeon shank me in the kidney, thank you very much.”

“Oof you right. Not trying to have my internal organs liquified today, nope not today Satan.” Tao and Yixing stop once they reach the edge of the park.

“Well looks like they’re not here.” Tao says.

“Lets just go then.” Yixing says. The two turn around and head for Junmyeon’s meeting spot.

 

Sehun walks alone not attempting to find Baekhyun and Hani. As he was walking he stumbles upon a stand that sells coffee. He gets out his wallet as he makes his way to the stand. He orders his coffee and waits for it to be made. Sehun starts looking through his phone when he looks up for a split second. He spots Baekhyun and Hani ordering at the same stand at him. Sehun hides behind a bush waiting for them to walk away.

“I have a coffee for Oh Sehun” the barista yells out.

“Oh ” Sehun says knowing he just ruined the plan. He overhears Baekhyun and Hani talking.

“Hey Hani, I have a friend named Oh Sehun. What a coincidence” Baekhyun laughs, not thinking that it’s the actual Sehun.

“Do we have an Oh Sehun?” The barista yells out once more. Sehun bursts through the crowd and grabs his coffee running away from the stand.

“Okay, I most definitely think that was my friend Sehun. What is he doing here?” Baekhyun asks confusingly. Sehun runs away toward his friend group.

“Guys, I think Baekhyun saw me, but don’t freak out” Sehun says gasping for air.

“He what? He saw you? Sehun you just ruined our plan like always” Junmyeon says unhappy.

“I was just ordering a coffee and the barista called my name. But I saw Baekhyun and didn’t know what to do. What was I supposed to do, walk away?” Sehun asks.

“Yes, that’s exactly what you do in a situation like that” Kyungsoo says annoyed.

“Well, I paid good money for this coffee and it’s not going to waste. So I ran and snatched” Sehun says.

“Don’t do that next time, now you know what happens” Kris says.

“At least I still got my coffee” Sehun says rolling his eyes. Everyone walks towards the direction where Sehun spotted Baekhyun.

 

“They’re gone” Yixing states.

“I can see that” Kris responds

“Okay, so let’s just go as a group and find them” Junmyeon remarks

Everyone walks around to try to find Baekhyun. As they walk around the park they spot Hani and Baekhyun leaving the park. They quickly run up behind them but keep their distance. They see Baekhyun approaching his car.

“Alright, everyone go get in your car and hurry up and follow Baekhyun and Hani. Alright go!” Junmyeon says in a rush. Everyone nods while running towards their car. They all start to follow Baekhyun and Hani. They pull into a neighborhood and park their car. Everyone parks their car further away from Baekhyun and Hani.

 

Junmyeon creeps through the bushes and waves for the other to follow him. He spots Baekhyun and Hani walking up to a house, which he assumes is Hani’s. The ten of them creep towards Junmyeon and hide behind the large hedges that separate Hani’s house from the street. Baekhyun walks her to her door and they stop on the old porch. Chanyeol peers his head over the hedge to see Baekhyun and Hani having a conversation in front of him. He is almost to the point where he can hear them. He can only make out the sentences “I had a good time.” and “Goodbye.” Good. He’s leaving. He sees Hani lean in towards Baekhyun’s face and Chanyeol can barely control himself. He falls over and a huge rustle in the bushes makes Baekhyun and Hani look over.

“Maybe next time.” Hani says as she waves to Baekhyun and goes in her house. Chanyeol smiles.

“Are you absolutely insane?” Junmyeon whisper-yells at Chanyeol who is pleased with himself.

“Junmyeon!” Kris whispers giving him a disapproving look.

“I mean. Why’d you do that there pal?” Junmyeon forces out with a strained smile on his face. Kris smiles successfully.

“Well it is not like I meant to.” He lies. He turns away and smiles. The disappointed Baekhyun walks towards the hedges where the other eleven of them are hiding.

“Alright miscreants come on out.” Baekhyun raises his voice and they come out. “Im impressed you nuggets pulled this off. Even Kris has the binoculars.” Baekhyun says. The other eleven give him guilty smiles. “Alright who was it who rustled the bushes? Because you basically ruined my entire date.” Everyone's fingers rush to point to Chanyeol who is hiding behind Jongin. “Why am I not surprised? At all? Of course? Who else would it be?” He says. Chanyeol’s head goes down.

“If it means anything, it was an accident. I fell over.” Chanyeol apologizes.

“Whatever.” Baekhyun huffs. Just then Minseok runs over pulling everyone down.

“You guys! I just saw the curtains close to the window in the front of the house.” He whispers.

“Well . Now she saw you guys spying on us. She probably thinks i’m so weird. You guys ruined my date!” Baekhyun whines.

“Let’s just go. She doesn’t need to see anymore of us.” Luhan says. The twelve boys walk away. Junmyeon pulls Baekhyun’s arm as Baekhyun starts breaking down inside.

 

Baekhyun sulks down the street until he hears mismatched ringtones of 365 Fresh, Energetic, Gashina, and Ring Ding Dong start playing from phones. Everyone pulls out their phones. Chanyeol looks down in disappointment as he receives no notification. Everyone puts their phones back.

“Did anyone else get the text from Jennie?” Jongdae asks.

“Yeah.” Everyone responds.

“No.” Chanyeol says solemnly.

“Oh it’s just a stupid party.” Kyungsoo reassures.

“We get to bring plus ones.” Tao adds.

“Hey Baekhyun, bring Chanyeol as your date.” Junmyeon suggests.

“No way. I’m asking Hani.” Baekhyun says quickly. Chanyeol looks sad.

“Oh Cheer Up Chanyeol! I’ll take you!” Kyungsoo says. Chanyeol perks up.

“Alright. Looks like the squad’s going to a BLACKPINK party!” Sehun cheers.

 

Chanyeol arrives home and walks inside.

“Mom! Yoora! I’m home.” Chanyeol hears a grunt from upstairs and thumps on the stairs.

“Chanyeol! I got in trouble because of you!” Yoora yells down the stairs.

“Not my fault you’re a bad child.” Chanyeol jokes.

“You are unbelievable! What do you mean-”

“Yoora.” His mom cuts off. “Calm down.”

“What do you mean?! I-” She takes a breath. “I’m going upstairs.”

“Oof that was fun. I’m going to bed.” Chanyeol marches upstairs and falls asleep.