FIFTEEN

Oɴ Yᴏᴜʀ Sɪᴅᴇ [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter feels a bit r u s h ed and i'm so sorry for such the delay! We had sport and club meetings for this month and our school time got extended, you can imagine how tired I am by the time I reach home. I'm counting this as January's update so I'll be posting another update soon for February because.... 1 week holiday is here! Yayyyy~ Thank you for being patient with me and I hope you'll continue to look forward to everything! 

- Izzy <3

 

 

“Doctor Im Seonghan to the front desk, you have a visitor.”

Seonghan had heard the announcement and quickly headed down. She was tying her hair when she finally arrived. The visitor was no one else than Haeun and seeing her made Seonghan smile. Her heels echoed as she rushed towards her good friend before both of them embraced each other.

“Did I catch you at a bad time?” Haeun asked when they pulled away. She dropped by to see how Seonghan was doing – a routine she found herself in whenever she needed a break. “I was hoping we could do lunch.”

The doctor shakes her head and reassures Haeun. “I can do lunch,” she pulls out her phone and sends a quick text. “My break was starting anyways so you came at a good time.” Seonghan puts an arm on Haeun’s shoulders and the pair walk out of the hospital. Seonghan offers to drive them since Haeun probably came by bus or taxi. As the hopped inside her car, Seonghan makes a comment. “You really should get a driver’s license someday.”

“I can drive a motorcycle.”

“Yet you don’t own one.”

“Yet,” Haeun pulls up her phone as her friend starts driving to their usual restaurant, “I’m saving up my money to buy one. Mark says it’s fine if I borrow his but I can’t keep on doing that until forever.” She scrolls through a number of motorcycles sees been eyeing for some time now – they look great but their prices were a stab to her paychecks.

Seonghan turns up the radio, “You’re still talking to Mark? I thought he has a girlfriend.”

“Yeah but we’re good friends too. I hang out with her a couple of times outside of work when you’re busy with hospital stuff,” Haeun doesn’t look up from her phone. “I thought I told you about that. Jihyun? Ring any bell?”

However, the doctor doesn’t say anything. Her face remains void of any emotions and Haeun just assumed Seonghan is in deep thought – probably thinking of what they should order when they arrive. Seonghan usually paid for their meals no matter how many times Haeun insisted she was fine and not broke like how she used to be. It got to the point where Seonghan would hand her card so quickly before Haeun had the chance to even open her wallet. She couldn’t think of why Seonghan was so stubborn on letting her pay for their meals so Haeun just assumed it was because Seonghan was wealthy and that she felt bad if it wasn’t her money paying meals.

The waiter ( already knowing Seonghan’s status ), immediately guided them to a seat. “Just the usual,” Seonghan mentioned and the waiter rushed back to the kitchen to deliver the order. No matter how many times they visited this restaurant, Haeun still felt uncomfortable. The place was known to be a bit pricey - if it was up to Haeun, she needed to save up 3 months worth of paychecks just to eat here. Seonghan knew how much Haeun liked the food here so it was silently decided that the restaurant would be their usual meet up place.

“How’s work going on for you?” Haeun took a sip of her water, “Have you met anyone you’re interested in? Your mom has been calling me a few times; she mentioned you haven’t been answering her calls.”

Seonghan shakes her head, her fingers playing with the metal bracelet on her right hand. “Work’s been busy that all. My mom’s just calling up because of my uncle. You know, the one running the company?”

Haeun can’t seem to remember Seonghan ever mentioning it but decides to just nod her head than ask any further questions. “How’s he doing?” Her question is simple and short – enough for Seonghan to answer without doubting Haeun’s understanding.

“I heard he’s thinking of debuting an idol group next year. It’s a big gamble but I suppose it’s the risk that makes it much more fun.”

The detective doesn’t say anything else about the uncle – she’s not sure what else she should say so she changes the topic. “What about yourself? I’ve seen some of the doctors at your place. Surely you have your eyes set on someone, Seonghan,” Haeun places down her glass, her eyes look up to meet Seonghan. As usual, Seonghan’s eyes were on Haeun – she always maintained eye contact with the people she was talking to, a habit Haeun got used to over the years.

“I’m doing alright, Haeun. You don’t need to worry about me,” Seonghan reaches out to brush her fingertips on Haeun’s hand. “Work’s just been hectic. I’m happy you stopped by for lunch – I needed a breather.”

Haeun just offers Seonghan a smile just as their food is served.

 

 

Seonghan continues to apologize over their lunch being cut short and their voices overlap one another as Haeun keeps telling her that it’s fine. It’s a short argument between the two as Seonghan hurries to her car. Haeun just stands aside and closes the car door after Seonghan gets into the driver’s seat.

“You should get going – a patient needs you,” Haeun shoos her off, moving away from the rolled-down window. The call Seonghan received caused them to pay in a hurry and Haeun could tell it was an important call. She wasn’t going to get in Seonghan’s way. “I’ll catch the bus or a taxi. It’s fine, just go.” She takes another step away from the car and gestures the doctor to get a move on. Seonghan bites her bottom lip and waves at Haeun, muttering one last ‘sorry’ before she drives off.

Haeun watches as Seonghan drives away in a hurry and turns to head to the bus stop when something catches her eye on the ground. A bracelet? “Must have snapped from Seonghan’s wrist,” she thinks and just pockets the accessory. She gets a call on her second phone – Yuyan’s phone and looks at the caller ID. It’s unknown so she hesitates to answer it. Thinking it must be one of the girls, she decides to answer it.

“Yuyan speaking.”

“Hey, it’s Renjun. I ran through the names you gathered. When should we meet up?”

Haeun sighs and pinches at the space between her eyes. Having Renjun proved to be a tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter