New look but still the old me

If I could tell her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello, I'm back! It's been some time and I won't give you excuses because I doubt someone cares about my life. Anyways, I re-wrote some parts and this one is continuation of the previous one's end and then the other is a filler, since I left you with a bad cliffhanger and I need to add some parts before the interesting starts. Expect more things to happen in next parts. I also have another story planned, written and ready to be published, very different from this one. Anticipate it! If you have read this till here, follow me on twitter (@/wendyskingdom). Have fun reading.

*****

To say Joohyun was shocked would be a lie. Even thought Wendy told her she isn’t in love with her, something in Joohyun knew. She just signed and looked at Wendy.

“Wendy..” Irene started

“Look wait let me explain.” Seungwan cut her short, her hands moving back and forth, a clear sign that she was panicking.

Joohyun put her hands over the smaller girl ones, stopping her wild actions. “First, please take a breath and calm yourself. I promise I am not going anywhere.” And after the reassuring words, Joohyun saw her friend calming down.

Couple of minutes passed in silence before Seungwan took away her hands from Joohyun’s and spoke. “I know I shouldn’t have lied to you when you directly asked me yesterday but I panicked. You know me, I am not good at lying but the fact something I never intended to tell you got out of my drunken friend’s mouth got me into a panic mode and if you ask me I don’t know how I even managed to lie to you yesterday.”

Joohyun just looked at her. “You never intended telling me?” there was a little hurt in her eyes when she continued. “Why?”

“What do you mean why?” Seungwan asked defensively? “You are my best friend and on top of that you’re straight. I don’t need to hear you rejecting me when I already know I don’t have a chance, unnie.”

Joohyun took Seungwan hands in hers once again. “So your plan was to suffer alone?” she got a nod which led to her letting out a sigh. “How long?” Joohyun asked. “How long have you had these feelings?”  she finished.

Seungwan kept mum for a while before she looked at the eyes she loved so much and responded. “First year of high school.” The answer made Irene gasp.

“Seungwan..”she itched closer to the girl. “That’s two years.” And after hugging the girl she got a nod and finally she heard a sob. A sob in which Joohyun could heard so much hurt it made her eyes water up as well. “I’m so sorry. I’m so incredibly sorry for causing you so much pain without knowing.”

Seungwan shook her head before pushing the older girl away from her. “Don’t apologize please. Don’t. It’s not your fault. It’s mine.”

“No.” Irene spoke firmly even thought it was hard after hearing the girl’s shaking voice. “You can’t say that. We don’t choose who we fall for and I won’t allow you to blame yourself.”

“I’m still sorry, unnie. I’m sure this is making you uncomfortable and soon you will stop hanging out with me and will be repulsed by the fact I’m in love with you.”

Joohyun hugged the girl once again, patting her head. “Never.” She said. “I would never because I can’t imagine a time where we don’t talk to eachother every day. I can’t imagine you not being part of my life.” Joohyun confirmed. “To add, it doesn’t make me uncomfortable at all. If something, I’m flattered that someone like you would even find something worth loving about me.”

Seungwan looked up to meet Joohyun’s eyes. “What do you mean?”

Joohyun smiled and brushed off the tears under Seungwan eyes before whispering. “Someone as perfect as you, someone everyone would be lucky to have in their life forever, liking me? I’m nothing but a pretty face to guys and honestly I feel like I’m worthy only when I’m with you.”

Seungwan’s eyes opened widely and she hugged her best friend tighter. “You’re so much more than a pretty face unnie and I’m sad no one out there was smart enough to prove it to you.”Breaking the hug, Seungwan looked at Joohyun’s eyes. “You may be Aphrodite’s daughter but I’m pretty sure you’re also Athena’s and if you don’t know she is the goddess of wisdom.”Seungwan tapped the side of Irene’s skull. “Your looks combined with your smarts make you one of a kind and I’m sure Aphrodite herself is jealous of it.” This made Irene laugh out loud and shake her head.

“Don’t be silly.” She laughed again. “Please, do not ever hide such things from me again. I promise I won’t change the way I act toward you from now on but if I cross a line and you feel uncomfortable or I’m unintentionally hurting you, please tell me, Seugnwan.” Joohyun looked for a promise and she got a nod from the girl in front of her.

“Okay. And I promise to move on from you one way or another. “ Seungwan added. Something in Joohyun changed, she didn’t like the sound of these words.

****

“You look beautiful Seungwan.”

It’s been couple of weeks since Wendy confessed to Joohyun and she has been a bit distant but not entirely cutting her best friend. Joohyun understood and Seulgi and Joohyun were on talking terms again after talking out their issues. Joohyun understood then why Seulgi was feeling guilty and she just hugged the girl and forgave her.

To say it was easy for Wendy would be a lie, she knew moving on would be hard but she thought admitting her feelings will lift some weight out of her shoulder, which clearly didn’t happen, but she wasn’t tiptoeing around her best friend anymore and clearly Joohyun unnie didn’t change the way she acted towards her at all.

Today they had planned on going to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter