Her

If I could tell her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRIGGER WARNING - mentiones of ED and depression. Please don't read if it's gonna trigger you.

 

“W-Wendy?”

“Joohyun unnie?” An alarmed voice beamed from the other side of the phone. The worry laced in it could be heard from miles away

“Can you..” a hiccup.. “Can you come pick me up from the airport?” and a sob escaped from the girl, drawing the attention of people around her.

Shuffling could be heard from the girl on the other side of the phone and seconds later a door slammed and an engine roared.

“I’ll be there soon.”

And with that the phone call ended, leaving Joohyun alone at the airport at 3am, tears streaming down her face.

~

Wendy was scrolling around the streets of Seoul with a speed way over the limit but right now she didn’t care at all. Joohyun had called her at 3am, crying and waiting at the airport. She was supposed to come home in a week as she just left today and Wendy didn’t know what happened, but she was sure her unnie’s prick of a boyfriend did something.

Son Seungwan or Wendy as her friends called her loved sleep. Sleep was her most valuable time of the day, so if Yeri or Joy knew the fact she was awake at 3am, driving to the airport, they would probably laugh at her, saying how whipped she is. But the truth is, she is. Seulgi knew about the feelings her friend had for their unnie. She confronted her one day and Wendy admitted it.

Joohyun and Wendy had been friends since high school. Even though they had three years difference, they had the same interests and they had the same university in mind for their future. Even when Irene graduated and went to university they didn’t lose connection. If something, they become even more closer and that is when Wendy started developing feelings for the older girl. She always knew girls attract her more than boys, even though she had crushes on boys. But what started as an innocent crush became a lot more bigger and Wendy knew she won’t be able to go out.

That is when Joohyun served her the news she has a boyfriend. If a heart could physically break then Wendy’s would be on million pieces. But all she did was smile and congratulate the girl.

Months after, Joohyun introduced her to Jongin, her boyfriend. The guy was absolutely stunning. He looked like an idol star, had a charming smile and he was making Joohyun smile. So Wendy was okay with it as long as her unnie was happy. She could pretend to be okay while she cried herself to sleep. Other than the fact Wendy stopped eating and lost a dramatic amount of weight, which Joohyun didn’t notice because she was so consumed with her relationship, there was nothing else that can tell Wendy wasn’t happy at all.

Wendy was last year in high school, soon to graduate. She had found new friends but she kept Joohyun close so her group expanded and now it consisted of Seulgi, Joy and Yerim too.

It was a normal Sunday night and Wendy was absolutely exhausted. She went to bed very early, refusing to go out with the trio that was quite annoying and won’t let her alone. These days, Wendy’s depression have worsened and she knew it herself. After Joohyun announced she is going to surprise her boyfriend and spend a week with him in Daegu, Wendy collapsed and she has been doing way worse. She wouldn’t go out, her studying improvement went downhill and her grades along with it and she would barely talk to anyone.

So when she got a call at 3am she was ready to curse the out of whoever had called her at this time. What she heard anyway, woke her up immediately. Joohyun crying. In her 3 years of friendship she had never heard or seen the older girl cry. Not in front of her. She knew the girl cried but she never showed her weakness in front of anyone. So in seconds she was flying down the stairs and getting in the car when her friend pleaded her through sobs to pick her up from the airport. Wendy didn’t even care that she was with shorts and a t-shirt and outside was freezing cold. She could care less right now.


 ~


Parking the car without a slight care, she immediately went out and slammed the door, locking behind herself. She realized she was barefoot when she felt the cold ground but all she did was shrug and started running to the doors of the airport. Seoul’s airport was full even if it was 3 am so people were staring at her like she was crazy and she honestly was..she was crazily worried.

Entering and frantically looking around she spotted the girl sitting on a chair, holding her face in her hands, her purple suitcase next to her and she could make out the quiet sobs. Approaching fast, the brown haired girl touched Joohyun’s shoulder.

“Unnie, I’m here.” and the girl in front of her jumped and immediately hugged her, continuing to sob. All Wendy could do was hug the girl back, making circles on her back to calm her. “Let’s go home, okay?” and when she felt the girl nodding but making no movement to unlatch herself from the shorter girl, Wendy sighned and took a hold of the suitcase turning them around and starting to walk. “It’s gonna be okay, I’m here.” was all she could say.

~

Wendy had many questions. Like ‘what happened, why is she crying, who did that to her unnie’ but she knew it wasn’t the moment. So all she did when they got to the car is put the luggage on the backseat and then open the door for the girl to go in. Joohyun hasn’t said a thing but she wouldn’t pressure her. She entered the car and leaned to put the seatbelt around Joohyun, clasping it shut and after putting hers, she started the enginee.

It was a quiet drive and Wendy wasn’t going over the speed limit anymore. She shivered a little even thought the ac was on 27C degrees. She could feel her adrenaline disappearing and the fact she was barely wearing clothes on a cold winter day was slowly creeping in.

“I can’t believe you came with shorts and a t-shirt.” it was the first time Joohyun had spoken and her voice sounded tired. “What were you thinking? You are going to catch a cold.”

“As long as you’re home safe I could care less, unnie.” Wendy softly replied, briefly looking at the girl on her side and all Joohyun can do is shake her head and muster a quiet ‘thank you.’

~

Wendy had stopped at a red light when she heard Joohyun’s voice again.

“Can I stay with you?” she turned to look at Wendy who was already looking at her. “I really don’t want to be alone tonight.”

Without any doubt, the younger girl replied “Yes, of course!” and then silence took over them once again.



Arriving at Wendy’s house, she took off her seatbelt and came out of the car, taking the luggage from behind and then it was when she realized Joohyun hasn’t came out of the car yet. Approaching the door she slowly opened it to see her friend holding her face in her hands and sobbing quietly. The sight broke Wendy so she just took off the seatbelt and took the girl in her arms, bridal style. When she felt the girl curl up into her she mustered all the energy telling herself she will manage to take the girl to her room. Everyone knew Wendy was a weak but for Joohyun she will try.

She pushed the luggage with her foot, making it fall with a big noise coming out of it in the quiet neighborhood, mumbling curse words to herself for being stupid. She felt the girl in her arms giggle a little and saying ‘stupid’ which made her relieved. If the girl smiled even just for a second, she can take being called whatever.

Opening the door was a struggle but somehow Wendy managed to do it, going up the stairs and entering her room. Putting the girl on her bed, she felt herself being pulled before she can even get up.

“Don’t go, please.” she heard Joohyun whisper in her ear

“I’ll be back, the luggage is still outside, let me get it inside, okay? Two minutes, no more.” and after she saw a nod from the older girl, Wendy fled, running as if her life depends on it.

It hasn’t even been two minutes and Wendy was back in the bedroom, out of breath. She went downstairs and took the luggage literally throwing it somewhere in the corridor before locking and speeding up.

“Did you run?” a small voice asked, while Wendy herself tried to catch her breath.

“You can say so.” a smile crept on the brunette’s face.

The room’s lights were on and now Wendy could clearly see how devastating her friend looked. She approached her slowly while the said girl said “First you carry me all the way to here and now you did a marathon for some luggage? Have you been visiting the gym lately, Seungwan?”

All the girl could do was shrug nonchalantly and then embrace her friend in a tight hug. “If it means I’ll be able to take care of you I will even sleep there.”

“Greasy, Sengwan.” she heard a chuckle but then quiet sobs errupted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter