You

If I could tell her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello people. It's been more than a month, I know but I truly havent had my laptop with me to actually post. It caught some Trojan virus and had to give it for a repairment. It was awful but it's back now. I'm posting this while in a lecture, so enjoy! Comments are always appreciated, I read them all!

--

The initial shock of hearing something Wendy wasn’t supposed to hear quickly passed and even if inside she was bleeding from the knives that were stabbed both from her best friend and the girl she loved, Wendy smiled and kneeled to pick up the groceries bags she let fall.

Without looking them at the eyes she laughed softly and said “Now this is something I didn’t expect hearing” Wendy stood up looking the still frozen girls “like ever.” And after that she continued her walk to the kitchen.

She expected to hear steps behind herself and millionth of excuses and explanations but she heard nothing. This allowed her to let the breath she didn’t know she was holding and it allowed her fake smile to fall. She didn’t know what to feel, how to feel and why? Why would Seulgi, her best friend who knew what she was feeling for her unnie, do something like that? Letting the bags on the counter, she could hear hushed whispers. She decided to end this and walked to the living room once again.

“So did you two talk? Should I drive you home, Seulgi?” Wendy looked at her friend but at the same time Seulgi could tell she wasn’t really looking at her. Before the addressed girl could respond, Joohyun spoke.

“Seungwan, look it’s-“but she was cut off my a shake of the head and a hand lifted in a stopping maaner.

“It’s okay, unnie. It isn’t my place nor my business to know your ual life.” And she tried to smile but both girls knew her like the back of their hands so they knew the lies that were spitting from the girl in front of them.

“It was a drunk mistake, okay?” Joohyun still spoke. “It was a long time ago, back in January.I didn’t cheat on Jongin and I pleaded for Seulgi to forget what happened.”

“It was eating me inside, unnie! You can’t request such a thing from me when-“ but she stopped herself before she can say what she wasn’t supposed to say.

“When what?” Joohyun looked confused at the girl.

“Nothing. It’s nothing. It was my fault okay? Forget it.” Seulgi grabbed her jacket and went for the door along with a “ it.”

Both Joohyun and Wendy were shocked at the use of profanities from the girl. She was never the type. She was always extremely calm and collected, especially when it comes to arguments.  “Wait, let me grab the keys.” Wendy started to walk but was stopped by a loud ‘Don’t bother, I’ll walk home’ and then a door was slammed.

“She lives on the other side of the city..” Joohyun spoke. “What is with her? It isn’t that big of a deal, God.” Joohyun huffed and sat back down on the couch with her head in her hands. “She has like she is in love with me and it matters something to her.” She mumbled when she heard footsteps approaching. “It was a mistake, Seungwan, I don’t like girls like that, I was just extremely drunk and she was there and she was drunk and-“

A stab after stab for Wendy but she just shushed the girl. “It’s okay, unnie, we all know, we do. I doubt she has feelings for you, maybe something happened to affect her that much, right?” Seungwan was trying to think of something, a good lie. She perfectly knew now why Seulgi was feeling guilty and she was okay with it, she didn’t hate the girl or any her thing. It was before Seungwan told her about her feelings, before Joohyun got herself a boyfriend, before everything. And once Wendy dropped the bomb, Seulgi felt bad. She must have. The fact she had to act like nothing happen when she slept with the girl her best friend had feelings for, probably was killing her inside. She wasn’t mad at the girl, she was sad for her. Never has she seen Seulgi this mad. She doesn’t want to see her like that ever age so she made a mental note to give her a call so the y can talk.

What bothered her more was the words Joohyun just spit. She knew her unnie doesn’t like girls like that but to hear it, to her indirect rejection, broke her. She was supposed to tell her why she had a fight with a classmate but how will she if the moments she speaks, Joohyun spits on her for being gay and ends the friendship? She didn’t want that but then again, she never breaks promises, so whatever has to happen will happen. Maybe if Joohyun distances herself, it will be easier to move on, who knows?

“Unnie, let’s cook and then we can talk yeah?” she rubbed the older girls back and stood up.

“Okay, yes!”

*****

Maybe cooking was  a good idea. Music was playing while the two girls were working around the kitchen, barely talking but humming to the tune that was playing. Both of them needed to clear their minds and after an hour the food was ready.

Putting the plates on the table, Seungwan and Joohyun sat across eachother and started eating.

“So how was school today?” Joohyun started the conversation

“As always, tiring, boring, nothing new happened?” Seungwan replied after she swallowed the food

Joohyun raised and eyebrown. “No fights today?”

A little shake and a sigh from the younger girl is all Joohyun got before she started speaking again. “Listen, unnie. I promised to tell you what happened and I will, but please, promise you won’t hate me after it, okay?” Seungwan looked at the older girl, eyes full of doubt and it was enough for Joohyun to leave the fork and focus all her attention on the girl in front of her.

“I can never hate you, Seungwan.” Was all Joohyun said before she let the girl in front of her prepare.

“Okay.” Seungwan nodded. “I’ll believe that.” and she took a big breath before she spoke again.  “Two years ago I found something about myself. Something I haven’t told you about.” She looked the girl she loves and saw confusion and curiosity in them so she continued. “I realized that my I always found myself swooning over girls, checking out girls, basically guys absolutely didn’t attract me. I am gay, unnie.” No reaction from the older girl was shown so Seungwan continued. “I wasn’t afraid to claim what I am so if someone asked I would clearly not lie but then I wouldn’t go and flaunt it myself. I guess rumors went around school and not everyone liked it. Not everyone is accepting after all, right?” she chuckled. “I didn’t mind the jokes, the slight bullying I will get from some people, the side comments, I really didn’t mind it. I told myself I won’t let some narrow-minded people push me down in a hole to hate myself. That particular day though, I was having an extremely bad morning and I just for a second, I lost control. One of my classmates was calling me ‘duke’ and I just lost it unnie. It wasn’t something I even thought about, I just went and hit them and it became a fight. If it wasn’t for Seulgi stopping me, it could have had worse consequences.” Seungwan sighned. “So this is how we ended in the principal office with a warning that next time this happens we will be expelled.”

Silence. It was all Seungwan can hear in the kitchen. Not even breathing from the other girl.

“Did you at least hit them good?” was the first words Joohyun said minutes after.

To say Seungwan wasn’t surprised would be a lie. She was in a shock but she nodded, saying that the person got a bleeding nose. “So you don’t hate me? Like you aren’t disgusted or anything like that?”

“Seungwan. Never, and I mean never, will I be disgusted by you. You are the most amazing, most caring and kind person I know in my life. You’ll give everything you have for the sake of someone else’s happiness and to me that is enough to keep you in my life forever. Why would your preference of who you love bother me? Or change my view of you? I couldn’t hate you even if I want to and that says enough, okay? I love you.” Joohyun spoke. “I’m sorry it took me some time to reply, I was processing the information and wondering how did I never see it coming?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter