Lies

If I could tell her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in the house, Joohyun was wide awake in her bed, staring at the ceiling. It wasn’t really Seungwan who woke her up because she was already awake way before that. The truth it, she get close to zero sleep and she was wide awake the whole night. A whole night spent thinking about Son Seungwan.

The truth is Seulgi’s words were still ringing in her mind and it really made her think what could be and what couldn’t. Never has she had feelings for another woman nor has it crossed her mind she will ever have but then again she never thought Seungwan gonna come out as gay to her so at the end nothing is impossible. Last night, being millimeters away from Seungwan’s lips made her feel things that she never felt around Jongin or around anyone before. She knew that their friendship was weird for people outside of their circle. Not once or twice did her parents ask her if she is actually dating Seugnwan but she always laughed it off and would reply with ‘this joke doesn’t get old’ but thinking about it it really seemed they were dating. They would hold hands, be extremely touchy with eachother as a whole, they had inside jokes they would laugh at, they slept in the same bed and cuddled as if they’re a couple, Irene can even remember couple of cases where Seungwan will clearly get jealous if someone gets a bit more attention from her than needed.

“What the hell are you even thinking, Bae Joohyun.”  she scolded herself and sat straight in the bed. “You are not gay and you don’t like Seungwan.” she was talking out loud to herself. “Get your together. On top of all you just got cheated on.” a sigh escaped her lips. She pushed the blankets away and let her feet touch the cold ground, waking her up a little.

Deciding she needs a shower to clean her thought, she grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom.

Before she entered, she sent a quick text to Joy explaining to her in three sentences the situation and wished her a great day in school. Putting the hot water on, Joohyun entered the shower and a sigh escaped her lips. She loved taking hot showers no matter what the weather was. It helped her relax. Of course this won’t be the case today because her thoughts drifted to her young best friend once again. This time she was thinking about the fact Seungwan has suffered bullying for such a long time. Joohyun knew Korea is a very closed off country and things like that were seen as abomination and she was glad she was exposed to the western and European culture through books and movies because it opened her views a lot more. If it wasn’t for that she probably would have cut all connections with Seungwan.  Still the fact people resolved to bullying someone they don’t even know personally outside of who she likes truly made her angry. Seungwan was an amazing person and she deserved nothing but happiness.

Then Joohyun thoughts went to the conversation they had last night. She always thought Seugnwan had her first kiss but was too shy or private to share. In Joohyun’s mind she just wanted to treasure the special moment for herself that is why Irene never really pushed the topic. To Joohyun it wasn’t that important but clearly to the young girl it was. The fact she felt embarrassed made Joohyun sad. God she really needs to stop thinking about the younger girl because she had so many problems on her own.

She sighned for a millionth time this morning, stopped the water and went out of the shower wrapping a towel around her body. Looking herself at the mirror, the bags under her eyes were screaming ‘tired’ but she could care less. Turning around she exited the bathroom and went to grab some clothes from her suitcase but stopped in her track and changed directions. She loved Seungwan’s oversized hoodies so she decided to grab one of them. It was comfy and it smelled like the young girl. Looking through the drawers she spotted her favorite, a red one with the words ‘you’re the only one I need’ engraved at the back of it. It was the one Seungwan loved the most too which meant she wore it the most. Picking it up, something under the hoodie caught her eye.

Joohyun knew Seungwan kept a diary but it was never her thing to ask about it. It clearly had personal things written inside and she wasn’t going to read it but the written on the cover really made her curious. In a beautiful handwriting it was written ‘things I love about her’ and the ‘her’ was in purple and underlined couple of times. It truly awoke the curiousity in Joohyun and she was close to grabbing the diary, but she stopped herself from doing so because this would lead to a lot of problems and it’s rude to do such a thing. If Seungwan wanted her to read it, she wouldn’t have hidden in the first place. Joohyun was curious who this girl was, who was ‘her’ and what was written inside but she closed the drawer fast and turned around, goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter