Holding a Heart

If I could tell her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wendy? I really need to talk with Irene unnie.” is the first thing that she hears the moment Seungwan enters the school gates.

Turning to the sound of the voice, she sees her best friend Seulgi walking behind her, breathless. Lifting a question eyebrow she says “Then call her and talk to her, Seul? Why are you telling me?”

Rolling her eyes, Seulgi shook her head “I tried calling her three times this morning and nothing. I’m sure she is declining my calls, so since she is at your place, can I come with you later and you know.. talk with her?”

In all honesty, Seulgi was pretty sure Irene was avoiding her because of the texts she sent her. Seulgi was going overdrive last night and sent text like ‘We need to talk.’ nd ‘I can’t keep this secret anymore unnie’ so of course Irene would avoid her. She would avoid herself too.

But Seulgi couldn’t bare that guilt anymore, she needed to have a talk with Irene, to know where they stood up because even thought she was sure Irene had no feelings for her, she needed to know why. Why did Irene kissed her back then. She never thought that Joohyun has even the slightest interest in girls but if she does, she will make sure to push her and help Seungwan along the way. It won’t repair the betrayal she did behind her best friends back unconsciously and without knowledge, but at least it will be something.

“Seul, just pass over my place after classes, I won’t be home because I need to go grocery shopping, but I can just throw you there and will drive you home after I return? That way you will be able to talk with joohyun unnie about whatever yeah?”

Seulgi nodded. “It’s a plan then.” And she gave Wendy high five and a hug before she started running for her class.

‘This silly girl.’ Wendy laughts and starts walking to her Biology class.

*******

Bae Joohyun or Irene was sitting on Wendy’s couch, reading a book she took from Wendy’s bookshelf. At least she was trying to read. Her thoughts were all over the place. Varying from Jongin who has been calling constantly, leaving messages, voicemails and even emails to Son Seugwan. Her best friend. The girl that ran across the city in a t-shirt and shorts, barefoot to the airport to pick her up.

Irene knew Seungwan’s love for sleep. Everyone did, so she didn’t think she would actually pick up or that she would fly over to the airport and give her a roof.

Son Seungwan was such a kind person and the thought itself made Irene smile.Joohyun had lost the number of times she had asked Seungwan something and the girl would gladly assist without even giving it a second thought. The amount of tiems she cancelled her pplans with the said girl just to spend time with her boyfriend.. ex-boyfriend now. He regretted it all. Maybe if she didn’t, then she would have caught earlier on Seungwan’s situation and would have helped er go back to her stable self. Joohyun knew even if Seungwan wasn’t admitting it that the girl had a fear of food and probably secretly hated her body. She wasn’t expert in the field, but she had read enough to be able to recognize an ED when she sees one.

Hearing that her friend, the girl that is absolutely kind and calm, got in a fight, also worried her. Wendy would never even raise her voice in an argument, opting to respond to lud voices with her normal voice, which was loud as it is, but soothing at the same time. She would never accuse someone of something before she hears their part of the story and she will always be the anchor for Irene during arguments. Especially when it comes to arguments with Seulgi. As much as the two girl were close, this much were they also different making them having arguments about almost everything. Sometimes even she herself gets annoyed by how much the two would argue but Wendy would never roll her eyes or get annoyed. She will just tell them to calm, give time to one of the two to speak, then the other and then settle it. She was like a councelor.

Speaking of Kang Seulgi, the girl also has been calling her and snding her texts but Irene avoided them all. She was not in the mood to talk about that night even thought she knew they had to. It’s been long overdue thing.

Her thoughts were cut by a doorbell ring. ‘Did Seungwan forgot her keys?’ Closing the book, Joohyun strolled tot e front door before she asked ‘Who is it?’

The voice from the other side made her froze. ‘Irene? Finally! Open the door please, we need to talk. Irene contemplated what to say for a second, then tww and the seconds turned in minutes. She heard a small ‘Please’ before she signed and opened the damn door.

In front of her was Kim Jonging, the guy she gave her heart to. He looked like he hasn’t had any sleep with big eyes watching her pleadingly.

“Jonging, I don’t know why you’re even here was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter