Chapter Seven

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up that day with a dull ache in your head because of your drinking last night. You found yourself lying on your sofa, hugging the red box full of your sketches. Your phone was repeatedly ringing on the table. You thought of not answering it, and just spending your day just lying on that sofa while nursing your headache but you immediately turned that thought down faster than it came to your mind. It probably was your manager calling to remind you of your schedule for the day. So with a groan, you reached for your phone and answered it.

 

“Hello, unnie.” 

 

“Seulgi! I've been calling you since an hour ago! Did you just wake up? It's already 10:00 in the morning! You have a schedule on that radio show you're supposed to be guesting! If you don't get ready now, you're going to be late!” said your manager. The annoyance in her voice could be easily detected, and her voice was already slightly raised so she must be pissed right now.

 

“I’m sorry, unnie,” you groaned while sitting up. I'm never drinking again. “I wasn't able to set my alarm last night and I'm really not feeling well right now,” you continued, your elbows on your lap while your hands were holding yor head. It felt like it was going to fall off.

 

“Are you okay? What's the problem?” your manager's voice was in a normal tone now and there was a hint of concern to it. Your heart kind of melted when you heard that. You had an amazing relationship. Your manager treated you like a little sister because she never failed to take care of you every single time. You were an only child so you loved the attention your manager was giving to you. You had always wanted to have a sibling.

 

“I just have this headache, unnie. No need to worry.”

 

“Aish... What do you mean I don't need to worry? Of course I do!” your manager sighed. “I would've cancelled this schedule if I could so that you can rest for the whole day but I can't. Sorry, Seul. But don't worry, I'm going to cancel your rehearsal later and just start it tomorrow so that you can properly recover. It must be the fatigue. Good thing you only have this radio show today.”

 

The rehearsal she was talking about was for the upcoming concerts that you were going to have in Japan. You couldn't help but feel guilty that your manager had to do this for you, thinking that you were not feeling well because of the fatigue. But you might as well grab this opportunity to rest well and to start thinking of the ways you could court Joohyun. You're sure your manager would understand.

 

“T-Thank you so much, unnie.” you bit her lip. “I, uhh, I’m going to get ready now.”

 

“Okay, okay. I'll be there in thirty.”

 

“’kay. See you.”

 

A few minutes later, your manager arrived with a bowl of ramyun in her hand and you couldn't be more greatful.

 

°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••

 

Your headache was gone by afternoon. You're done with your radio show guesting and you had no schedule for the rest of the day. You thought that this would be the best time to start your plan of courting Joohyun, starting with getting to know the basic things about the girl. So after a few minutes of just sitting there, you picked up your phone and called Yeri.

 

“Yeri! Hi!” you greeted when Yeri answered the call.

 

“Oh. Someone's in a good mood,” Yeri said, amusement could be heard in her voice.

 

“I- hehe. I'm just happy to talk to you.” you cringed after saying that. You were never a good liar.

 

“Mhm…” Of course Yeri didn't believe you. “You need something from me, right?”

 

“I-I never said that!”

 

You heard Yeri laughed on the other line. You pouted. “Yah! Why are you laughing at me?”

 

“Because you're funny! You can't lie to save your life! Just tell me what it really is that you want, Seul. It's okay.”

 

You sighed. You didn't know why you're acting like this towards Yeri. You just needed to ask for your help. 

 

But then it's probably because this was your first time doing this. You'd never asked for anyone's help on something like this before because you had no experience with courting. You were dead set on finding your soulmate and making her the first and the last person that you would commit herself to. You really had no idea on what you needed to do or how to start so you needed all the help you could get. So despite of the shyness you're feeling right now, you cleared your throat and finally said, “I need you to help me with Joohyun.”

 

 

°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••

 

There were a bunch of things that you learned about Joohyun after your call with Yeri. All of them were neatly written on your notepad for future references.

 

1.    She likes to drink banana milk during the car ride to work.
2.    She doesn't drink coffee.
3.    She doesn't have a favorite food but she doesn't eat chicken – WHO DOESN’T LIKE CHICKENS?! T-T
4.    She easily gets cold but she will never say that she is so when you think that she is, just keep her warm.
5.    She doesn't like loud noises because she easily gets startled.
6.    She loves doing the laundry and is her favorite pastime – Doing the laundry is a pastime?
7.    She loves the smell of fabric conditioner.
8.    She hates it when people act like she's incapable of things. So don't act like she needs help all the time.

 

You re-read and re-read the list to the point that you memorized it. You smiled at the paper. There's this warm feeling inside your chest now that you knew a few things about your soulmate. You loved it. It made everything more real. That Joohyun was not just a reflection in the mirror anymore, that she was in fact, a real person. You would no longer wonder what kind of person your soulmate was soulmate now, you had a chance to properly get to know her. And you promised to yourself that you would not waste every single moment that would be given to you. You just hoped that someday, Joohyun would want to know more about you, too. Heck, you'd probably cry out of pure happiness if Joohyun asked something as basic as your age. Anything that would pique your soulmate's curiosity, to be honest. Anything that would not make you feel like you were just a name for Joohyun.

 

°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••

 

“Yah! Why are you not drink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter