Chapter Three

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With your black baseball cap on and a black face mask covering half of your face, you entered Jisoo's café. You were greeted by the relaxed ambience of the establishment. A few customers were seated enjoying their orders. Some of them were animatedly chatting with each other, some were in front of their laptops and phones, and some were just eating. You adjusted your cap and proceeded to walk towards the counter. You saw Jisoo coming out of the door with the “Employees Only” sign written on it and a tray full of cupcakes on her hands. You smiled.

 

“Hey, Jisoo,” you said when Jisoo finally placed the cupcakes properly inside the food display.

 

The girl looked at you and smiled when she recognized your face. Jisoo straightened up. “Oh, hey, Seul! Good evening to you.”

 

“Good evening to you, too. How are you?”

 

“I’m good. How about you? It's been a while since the last time you visited this place. I see you've been very busy.” Jisoo said. She walked towards the counter facing you.

 

“Yeah.” You sighed. “It’s been a pretty hectic week for me. You know, with all the album release and promotions. I really miss your coffee and your red velvet cake.”

 

“This place missed you, too, Seul,” she said. “So the usual? Don't worry. It's on the house. Take it as my way of congratulating you on the success of your second album. You did so well, Seul. Jennie and I couldn't stop listening to it. I bet even Dalgom now memorized the lyrics of your songs with how many times we've played it in our house.”

 

You giggled. “Thank you so much, you guys. I really appreciate your support. Don't worry, after all of this is done, I'm gonna visit y'all. I kinda miss Dalgom, too.” You smiled so wide, your famous eye smile showing. “And yes, the usual, please.”

 

“Okay. Go to your spot and I'm going to bring this to you once it's done.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Anytime.”

 

You walked to the secluded part of the café where your spot is. You liked it there because it was kind of hidden from the rest of the tables in the café, giving you the chance to properly enjoy your food with no interruptions and fans who would normally come to you asking for your autograph or picture. You heaved a sigh when you were finally seated at the comfortable seat. A few minutes had passed and Jisoo served your order at your table. After saying your thanks, Jisoo left you alone and you started eating.

 

“Seulgi?” you froze at your spot, spoon still inside your mouth, when you heard that voice. Oh no…. You sighed. Just one autograph, Seul. It wouldn't hurt.

 

Thinking that it was one of your fans, you forced a smile on your face and finally looked up, only for that smile to be replaced with surprise upon seeing the owner of that voice. “Yeri! It's you!”

 

Yeri smiled at you. “Hi, Seulgi. Were you expecting someone?”

 

“No, no! I just thought you were a fan. Anyways, what are you doing here?”

 

“I suddenly got a craving for some cake so I visited this place. This is actually my spot and I thought it was still not occupied but then I saw you, so….” 

 

You nodded in understanding. “Do you want to join me? This is also my spot whenever I visited this place. We can enjoy this spot together if you want?”

 

“Are you sure I'm not intruding you?”

 

“I’m sure.”

 

Yeri smiled and proceeded to seat in front of you. “Thanks, Seulgi.”

 

After a while, Yeri's order arrived and they both silently ate. You then finished your cake. After sipping your coffee, you looked at Yeri and your brows furrowed when you saw the distant look on the songwriter's face. You cleared your throat. “Is, uh… Is everything okay?”

 

No response.

 

“Yeri?”

 

“Huh?” Yeri blinked multiple times, getting herself out of her deep thoughts. “You said something? I'm sorry, I-I was a little bit distracted.”

 

“It's okay,” you assured her. “I was asking if you're okay. You have this…. distant look on your face. I mean, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here.”

 

“Y-Yeah. Everything's fine.” 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Yeri looked at you, clearly thinking if she would tell you or not. But then she probably saw something in your eyes because the songwriter then sighed, putting down her spoon she'd been subconsciously fiddling with just a while ago and leaned back on her seat. You smiled at her encouragingly, waiting for her to start talking.

 

“I’m okay, really. It's just… my sister...  I haven't mentioned to you that I have a sister, right?”

 

You hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter