Chapter Two

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was a light sleeper. The added weight at the left side of her bed and the shuffling she felt made her wake up from her slumber. She didn't bother to face the intruder because she already knew who it was. The familiar smell alone gave it away.

 

“Good morning, unnie,” Her sister said. Irene felt her move once again and the gentle kiss on her cheek right after made her smile.

 

“Good morning to you too, Yerimie.”

 

“C’mon. You need to get up, unnie. You're going to be late at work,” Yeri said. “Wasn’t your alarm set?” 

 

“My phone probably died.” She finally opened her eyes and shifted, facing at the spot where she thought her sister's face was. “I forgot to charge it last night because I was too tired.”

 

She heard her sister click her tongue. “Are you still tired? I can call Lisa for you, unnie. I'll tell her you're sick and you can't go to work today. I'm sure she will understand. You've never missed work before so she surely won't min-“

 

“Yeri,” Irene stopped her sister. “It’s okay. I'm okay now. There's just quite more people yesterday than the usual but it’s nothing I couldn't handle. You don't need to worry about me.”

 

Yeri sighed. “Are you sure, unnie? Don't you want to just stay here today at home? I have new compositions that I'd like you to hear. I could really use some of your help. You know how much I like it when you help me with my songs, you know?”

 

She smiled at her sister. It really warmed her heart every time Yeri asked for something like this. She felt needed. She felt important.

 

Yeri was a songwriter. Her sister was really good with her profession. Irene's so proud of her because at the age of 24, her sister had already managed to make her own name in the music industry as one of the best songwriters of this generation. She had worked with a couple of famous kpop groups and soloists and all of her works had become hits. The latest of her works got included in Kang Seulgi's second album called Her and the title track I See You was written by her sister and the famous singer. It was a chart-topping hit and the album itself had been breaking records after records since the day it was released. 

 

Irene personally loved the album. She first started listening to Seulgi's songs when her sister had told her that she would be working with the famous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter