34. A hungry ghost, a holiday, ice cream.

September

 

 

 

My friends has been getting a lot of fun during holiday. Mine wasn't that bad either.

 

First of all, with me living all alone with those dollars in bank account mom and dad gave before they went travel means that I get to order deliveries every meal and just rot at home doing whatever I want.

 

Most of the time it just means gaming and movies to be honest. Nothing wild because why should she?

 

Anyway, since there is an essay assignment I have to submit for the class about my holiday might as well just write this out.

 

 

"Bye mom dad. have fun at Sweden!" A girl waves her hand with enthusiasm she doesn't usually possess, having no parents at home means infinite use of AC at her room while snuggling her plushy in her bed with her blankie up.

 

That girl is me.

 

That doesn't mean I stay at house and didn't go out at all though. I still go out... occasionally... maybe once a week... to the mart for snacks and coke.

 

It was another day me wearing a pajama pants with t shirt wandering around the mart, looking for promotional cheap food but looks good enough to be eaten.

 

Which brought to me the cold storage section, where I saw a big board writing 'VERY HUNGRY ICE CREAM ATTRACTS VERY HUNGRY PEOPLE! PROMOTION TODAY! ONLY 1 DOLLAR!'. Not thinking much, I took 5 boxes of them. There is much thing you could buy with 1 dollars nowadays, moreover in a high class mart like this.

 

 

I am being very honest. It was totally worth to buy those ice creams. Not that they are super good until I want to cry, but super worth by just paying 1 dollar for them.

 

I was having the ice cream while watching movie on the computer until the door bell rang. It must be the delivery man so I went to get it.

 

What I totally didn't expect to see after I get the food into the room is that I would found a girl sitting on my bed, eating my ice cream.

 

I look at the girl who is looking at me, eating ice cream. Then I look around the room. A messy one, totally mine. Then there comes the question.

 

"Who the are you and why are you in my bed eating my ice cream?"

(Opps sorry for the language but that's what exactly what I said)

 

She scooped another one and puts into .

 

That's rude. "HEY THAT'S MINE AND YOU SHOULD AT LEAST ANSWER IT'S MY HOME." I took the ice cream back, staring at her.

 

I took a glance at the container and it's almost finished. "YOU THIEF"

I search for the culprit and she was suddenly in front of me, staring, mouth slightly pouting with her big eyes looking at me, maybe the ice cream.

 

"Get out." Since she doesn't answering, I guess I should just gotta get her out. Not worth much hassle.

 

The girl didn't took her steps, no falter nor any other movements. "I said go." I went to grab her hand, but my hand just swung through it.

 

That's not possible.

 

I try it again. From left to right, from right to left.

 

What?

 

I took two steps back, warily looking at the (non) human in front of me. "Why are you here lady?"

 

The girl looks at her, then down to the container she's holding.

 

"Ice cream?"

 

Nods.

 

"So... are you human?"

 

Shakes

 

I wonder why the girl can't or doesn't talk?

 

"Can you like, talk, at all, during you are human?"

 

Shakes.

 

Ahh, maybe she was a mute.

 

"So... Ice cream. Do you want other things?"

 

There is neither head shakes or nods this time. The ghost tilted her head.

 

"Sweetie I can't read your mind like this."

 

I gave her back the ice cream, while me myself went to the bed with the pizza I get for my lunch.

 

I pay no mind to the ghost who went nearer as I inhale my pizza while watching hot girls in action in the movie.

 

Then the dip at the bed stopped, I looked at the girl. She was holding the ice cream tub, looking at my pizza in perplex, the remained ice cream untouched.

 

"Wanna try?" I gave her a piece.

 

She ate it and the turning of curiosity into delight on her face. I think I have bring enlightenment of a new food into a person's(ghost's) life.

 

 

Since that day, I found a new found hobby. That is to cook the recipes I found interested on the internet. Now it's a daily routine to get materials from mart everyday. She went with me every time after I have make sure no one can see her. She also helped me with the house core and that probably the best part of all of this.

 

It's fun having a cooking buddy and someone to eat with. I am quite thankful of my natural skill in cooking that I have never burned the kitchen down and nothing too bad was made.

 

In simple, during this holiday, I got a new friend and a learned some top notch cooking skill. It was a unforgettable holiday with a totally unique experience I had.

 

 

The essay is given back.The comments are:

I know a decent psychiatrist and her number are xxxxxxxxxx. Maybe you should talk to your parents about this too. Also it's quite a short essay for a uni student please improve your details description. Interesting plot in general.

 

Oh well. Maybe I am too honest about this. "Let's go Eunbi." I kept the paper in bag and told my new friend.