31. A story entitled “The Fate of the Telegraph Operator.”

September

 

 

She thinks it must be it. When she apply for a job that doesn't require her almost nonexistence biceps for labor works. Not that she is picky about work, but she graduated in Howard for a reason. Okay maybe she is picky about work.

 

Never she thought that it is possible to get into another world by messaging a quote from Hildegard von Bingen, requested by a lady in big black hat with black lace scarf covering her lower face.

 

'When the words come, they are merely empty shells without the music. They live as they sung, for the words are the body and the music the spirit.'

 

As if the world she was in doesn't exist anymore, she found crowds singing along with tune of water that falls from the drain, children on the streets playing with their own instruments as the younger ones fiddles on their music sheet and hand written notes with minimum writing and many music symbols.

 

Music flows from the sky where there is never ending melodies came from afar, however the source are could never be found. When she thought she has found it, a turn of a corner leads to another walkway and the music still been sung as if they came from the sky.

 

Maybe it's really the work of angel. Wendy thought. She focus to find the source of music is distracted when she saw the girl who gave her the weird message.

 

The lady gotten out of a shop. A tiny smile greeted Wendy when the lady notice her presence from the opposite of the street. Wendy's yell of 'wait' has been halted when the lady get on a luxury purple caravan.

 

She is about to give up before she saw a lift on the curtain, showing a finger curling inwards twice before the curtain was put down again. She quickly walk towards the caravan.

 

Definitely her surprise doesn't end with going into another world. Because she found herself in another spacious room. Where the lady already prepares tea for two at the small table.

 

"Welcome to my abode, my chosen one."