45. A shy priestess, a weaver, rain.

September

 

 

Wendy shuffles quickly through the corridor. Her stifled breathed finally came to a release when she reached outside the church.

 

Church full of men with all their cologne or the odor of dried salty sweat on fabric amplified the choked feeling on her trachea when the small church doesn't leave their door opened.

 

And today is her shift in the confessional.

 

It was not unusual to have her doing it exaggeratedly, but she is an honest person. If she can't display it by words, at least she need to move it out through her limbs.

 

She was just about to enjoy the smell of fresh grass when she heard a grumpy came from above. She cast her head upwards and was met with a big hit on her eyes.

 

Then all of them went down.

 

Her face already refreshed with all the raindrops on her, but it is not the time to enjoy the freshness. By this dropping rate, she will be soaked wet like waterfall if she don't start running.

 

She ran cautiously as the ground could be slippery with the aid of the rain. Her running marathon came to a halt when she saw a woman, more accurately, the older woman she had a crush on, where she steals glances whenever she passes by the street collects her fabrics in a haphazard manner.

 

The streets are empty and she is the only one left. She had abandoned her weaving machine and the half finished fabric and go for the finished one which was hung on the ropes.

 

There are still some left Wendy is sure it wont be saved in time. She ran towards the leftovers and the machine. "Let me help." she said. The rain was so big and the lady didn't heard Wendy, but she understood when Wendy gather the rest fabric on her shoulder and hold on one side of the machine, signalling Irene to get the other side.

 

The lady nodded as she did what she was told. The movement was a little bit slow as the machine is quite heavy as the rain gets. Luckily it was moved indoor without any accident, although their shirt have gone wet.

 

Wendy shivered as wind hits her along with the rain. The lady must have noticed it as she rushed to the entrance and close the doors.She took the fabric from Wendy's hand and spread them on the chairs and any furniture that could hold the fabrics.

 

When she done she hold Wendy's wrist and lead her inside. "Take a bath, and give me your clothes, I'll dry it for you." There were in front of the bathroom.

 

Wendy's eyes wide agape when the lady was about to leave. "But, but..." The lady turned around, she smiled noticing Wendy pressed both her hands on her shoulder, teeth biting on her lips, hesitating to ask whatever she wanted to ask. "Don't worry sweetheart, I have a lot of clothes, in case you forgot what I do as a living." She winked as she turned around, grin stretched wider as she saw a hue pink flush on the girl's face while she took a peek before exiting to the kitchen.

 

She's going to prepare tea for two. For all night even.