23. “When they were at war, everything was easy.”

September

 

 

Sweat

 

Dirt

 

Pain

 

Blood

 

But that was the past.

 

She still remember when the times where they couldn't even sleep during the crucial times because they were pinned down at the hideout without any help for days.

 

None of them are allowed to go out and search for food.

 

She crawled through countless dead bodies just under the eyes of the unforgiving enemy soldier from outside country.

 

She had only one thing to focus on: not die.

 

It is not like the undead trait of vampire she got during one of her runaway makes everything easier.

 

She had blood lust to control.

 

She had to act very normal, that include to not show that she can move very fast in public.

 

All of the most. She is lonely. Just slightly.

 

She had a puppy tho. She found the cub at the forest when her mother died killed by hunter. Yeri, her adopted vampire sister say she's a wolf but Seulgi think the cub is just a puppy. How does a wolf get scared by a cat?

 

And the puppy had even get her own mate, a black wolf. Seulgi knows she is a fierce one.When Wendy brought her mate to Seulgi for the first time, the black wolf snarled slightly, trying to intimidate her despite knowing Seulgi's is Wendy's owner. Definitely a fierce one. Seulgi thought.

 

Then turned away to snuggle her mate when Wendy whined with complain, cooing the white wolf.

 

A whipped one too.

 

And that brings her back to the topic.

 

Even her pet have a mate. That left Seulgi as the only single ones in the house.

 

Don't get her wrong, single is good, she is free of anything and anyone and doesn't need to commit. It doesn't really applicable to her anymore tho, she has lived so damn long and went to every places in the world, all she want is to just have a mate to spend lazy days cuddling, sleeping, or.. doing whatever they want.

 

Her old flings Park Sooyoung doesn't share that ambition. The fellow vampire doing very great expanding her acting career, especially action movies since she can actually do that. She told Seulgi she looks very cool in it she bet most of the girls wet their watching her actions. Seulgi shuddered at the confidence level, even though she knows it is true.

 

She found a girl, a kindergarten teacher. The young teacher, Eunae smiles a lot and when she smiles, she has fluffy cheeks and it makes Seulgi coos at the cuteness. Seulgi can imagine her future life with this certain teacher, since she knows the teacher is a homebody and likes sleeping and eating(not saying she is stalking but that's exactly what the author saying).

 

She had a few conversations and interactions with the teacher since the night at the club. She wanted the bubbles between them to continue.

 

She was also afraid.

 

 

It was not the first time she wanted someone in her life and not all share the excitement to be together with a vampire. Some accepted it but got scared when they saw Seulgi get feed, and her pet's mate who would sometimes accompany her to Seulgi house and ended up terrorizing her girlfriend.

 

Seulgi had to hypnotized them to forget all, and that includes memories about Seulgi. It also felt sad when she saw those she loved before get their new love ones and married, not remembering who Seulgi is but it doesn't work on the opposite ways.

 

It doesn't stop Seulgi from keep trying though.

 

Holding the fast food delivery in her hand, she stepped towards a certain kindergarten teacher's house.

 

ringgggg....