you look like

Juice Cartons | Jaeyong NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun woke up to the sound of their manager’s voice saying, “Jaehyun, you have forty minutes. Get ready and get breakfast, okay?”

He groaned but got up, waving a hand in his direction. “I’m up, don’t worry.”

The manager nodded before retreating to what must be Yuta and Winwin’s room next. Jaehyun looked around. Taeyong’s side of the bed was empty. Well, he realized with embarrassment he had rolled over to most of Taeyong’s side now. He knocked on the bathroom door. “Taeyong hyung, you there?”

Taeyong was nowhere in the room and it was with a heavy heart that Jaehyun was forced to admit to himself that Tae had left him some time earlier in the morning. He took a deep breath, rubbing his eyes. He had been so angry when they had fought but within hours he had felt horrible about it. In fact, the night they had the fight, he had just stayed in bed angry and hurt only to wake up feeling that he shouldn’t have said any of the things he had said. He wanted to tell that to him too but when he had approached him at the airport, he had been greeted with a cold stare. It was like he had become invisible to Taeyong’s gaze. He drew up his legs and his shoulders shook slightly as he wished Taeyong was here. He missed him so much.

His eyes widened as he half-remembered the incident from dawn. Taeyong had pushed him away. He had got out of bed to get away from him.

Jaehyun cursed. “Oh , what did I do!?” He wished he had had slightly more control over his sleeping self.

The manager banged on the door again. “Jaehyun, you’re up, right?”

He shook out of his thoughts. “Yes, yes, I’m getting ready.”

Fifteen minutes later, he stepped out of the bathroom, showered and ready. He pulled on his jacket and stopped by the door when he saw a tray of breakfast kept neatly near the edge of the bed. He looked around but the room was still empty. He frowned slightly, glancing over the items. A chicken sandwich, fruit salad and a box of grape juice.

Dare he think…he shook his head. No, it was obvious that Taeyong was not only uninterested in him but that he was really upset with him. There was no way. And yet when he finished breakfast, his mouth had the hints of a smile at the slight chance that maybe, Taeyong was responsible for this. Maybe he could still salvage his friendship with him. That was the most he could hope for and even that was so daring to hope for.

He looked through his phone for the pancake’s recipe he had. He knew it was a cheap move but maybe Taeyong’s favourite pancakes could be a good conversation starter. He doubted that telling him he liked him since rookie days would work out.

With a set mind, he opened his door only to be greeted by Winwin. “Jaehyun, hi.”

“Later, Winwin,” he said.

“Woah, we’re leaving. Where do you think you’re going?”

“The kitche—Oh is it time already?”

Winwin nodded. “Johnny is getting Markhyuck and Taeyong is getting Taeil. There they are! Guys, I got Jaehyun and Yuta. Let’s go.”

In the car, Winwin turned to him. “Didn’t you eat breakfast? Were you going to the kitchen?”

“I had breakfast. I was just…This reminds me, who got breakfast for me?” Jaehyun asked, looking sideways at Taeyong.

“It was probably room service. They’re really good here. I had some excellent coffee in the morning,” Yuta supplied.

“You’re right. I asked for some tea and they made it just right. Let’s remember to give them a good rating when we leave,” Taeil said.

Jaehyun was quiet as he watched Taeyong. His jaw was set tight and he hadn’t even turned to acknowledge his question. He felt miserable. How was he supposed to fix this?

Winwin nudged him. “Did you not sleep well? You look like .”

“Wow, thank you, Winwin. This is just the kind of support I need early in the morning,” he replied, sarcastically.

“Okay, okay. I was just worried.”

Jaehyun shrugged. “Nothing that some make-up won’t fix.”

“You look like you’re about to cry. I doubt make-up can fix that.”

Jaehyun blinked. “Listening to your needless commentary is going to make me cry.”

“Someone’s touchy.”

“I’m not. I’m totally fine.”

Winwin rolled his eyes. “Don’t bite my head off. If it’s bothering you so much, talk to him, not me.”

“I’m fine,” Jaehyun said, through gritted teeth.

He tried to remain under control for the rest of the trip and by the time they were ready with their stage attire, he had successfully avoided looking at Taeyong. He had even managed to politely brush off their make-up artist’s concerned, “Jaehyun, are the lens irritating you? Your eyes are getting red.”

When they entered the stage, he was able to smile at the audience. He was thankful for the performances today. They helped clear his mind. By the ment, he was able to breath more freely despite feeling the exhaustion already catching up to his muscles. For those minutes, he was as near to happy as he could be in these last couple of days.

He looked towards Taeyong about to whisper how lively the crowd was only for his smile to freeze midway as he realized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter