it works in the movies

Juice Cartons | Jaeyong NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun was folding clothes out of the drier while listening to Winwin telling him about his mother worrying about him.

“I told her I have two overly obsessive roommates who care about me too much and she laughed!? But I think it calms her down to remember that there are people here who care about me. It must be tough for her.”

Jaehyun hummed in response.

“Oi.” Winwin waved in front of him. “You’re supposed to show me some sympathy here? Maybe offer me some ramen? Hey, hey, those aren’t even your clothes, right?”

Jaehyun looked at the clothes in hands and nodded slowly. “Taeyong’s so busy and I was doing my laundry anyway.”

“You guys are so domestic,” Winwin teased. “It’s really so cheesy.”

Jaehyun looked around wildly before whispering, “Winwin-ah, you’re too loud. Someone will hear you.”

“Nah, quit being so paranoid. We’re the only ones here. Taeil hyung already left to look after the Dreamies today.” He laughed. “I would pay some good money to see that. They are exceptionally hyper around him.”

But Jaehyun wasn’t even listening. “He looked so good this morning,” he murmured almost absent-mindedly. He looked at their TV which was playing the Music Core live stream. “I can’t believe we have to wait so much for the performance.”

“You know all of us would be spared the crackling between you two if you guys actually talked. Don’t you think it’s been really long?”

“You just say that because you’ve watched too many of those videos our fans make.”

“Jaeyong videos are no joke, man. If it wasn’t for that one czennie at the fansign last year, I wouldn’t have known. You guys are really subtle but once one sees it, it becomes so obvious.”

Jaehyun groaned. “We can’t just believe whatever we want about Taeyong, right? After all, I have no idea what he feels about me or even the idea of us. He hasn’t said anything, ever, and I am not going to say anything until he says. It would be so uncomfortable. Besides, I’m really bad at expressing my feelings. I’d probably end up saying something wrong. What if—”

“Jae, Jae, you worry too much. I keep telling you to just allow Ten to weed it out of Johnny. I’m pretty sure Johnny knows what Taeyong feels or could potentially feel.” Winwin wiggled his eyebrows.

“If I had to get it out of Johnny, I would have asked him myself. No, I’m just going to wait. If it’s meant to be, it will.”

“Things don’t happen on their own. See, Ten and I have this plan. It’s a foolproof plan,” Winwin started.

“Is it like the one you guys planned where you pushed me onto him last week? Because I nearly kissed him there while he froze. No, seriously, you two make horrible plans. He’ll end up bro-zoning me like this.” He added wistfully after a few seconds, “Maybe I should have kissed him there.” He looked at Winwin with a sudden brightness. “Maybe I should kiss him. No words involved!”

“Dude, life isn’t like the movies. You can’t just kiss him. There won’t be a background choir and rain. You need to plan these things. It needs to be special.”

“It works in the movies!” Jaehyun complained.

Winwin made a face. “Will you listen to Ten and my plan?”

When Jaehyun didn’t reply, Winwin sighed. “Okay, let’s go.” He grabbed his friend’s hands.

“Woah, where are we going?” Jae said, following him.

“I hate it when you mope around the house. Let’s just go see them. I really wanted to see Yuta dance live too.”

“Speaking of Yuta,” Jaehyun began.

“We are discussing your love life, not mine.” He rolled his eyes.

“Till when will you ignore your own feelings?”

“We’ll get late if you gossip like this,” Winwin said dismissively but he was smiling.

“Let me grab a jacket, at least.”

They reached the venue, sneaking in with their manager’s help.

“You guys could have just come with us in the morning,” their manager said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter