- 1.

Life At The Office

Suho sits at his desk all day long, paper work piling up higher and higher every passing hour. Apparently their partners and sponsors have never heard about emails before. What happened to saving the trees, huh?

“I’m terminating your contract.”

And now he has to deal with this… situation. Suho despises the fact that his position forces him to resort to this type of attitude, but on the other hand, it is his responsibility to do everything in his power to protect this magazine.

"What? You can't fire me!"

Also, Suho was never a man who argued with his fists. Instead, his words are equally as powerful as the strongest punch you can possibly throw at someone; every single one of them carefully spoken, without drama or hesitation, and no matter how hard and loud you rail against him, nothing will ever change his mind.

"Yixing... You're always late.” The boss took a sip of his coffee but winced at its bitterness and severe lacking of cream. His source of caffeine felt more like an old bottle of whiskey. “You keep eating your colleagues’ lunch food and you were caught twice sleeping in the bathroom. Some of your co-workers even claim that all you ever do is waste your time playing silly games on your phone.”

"Still, you can't fire me.” Yixing closed his hands into fists before slamming them on the desk. “I'm Chinese and that's racist. I won't allow it."

"Yixing…” the boss took a deep breath. “I'm also Asian you can't just--"

"You're racist." He interrupted.

"Fine! I won't fire you.” Suho knows that when tension is high he should just act mature instead of showing his anger, but sometimes it just isn’t that easy with Yixing. Yixing gets all up in his face with stupid arguments and all the boss wants to do is smack some sense into his nasty brain cells, but if he does Yixing will be sad…or worse…he’ll sue him. “Actually, I'm even thinking about promoting you."

"Really?!” Yixing screams in excitement and Suho is sure he just ruptured his eardrums. “Oh my God! Are you serious?”

"You're being promoted to a customer.” This will do. Yixing is not the most intelligent on earth. In fact, all the plants in the office are probably smarter.

“I can’t believe I’m being promoted. Should I call my mother?!"

“No!” he panicked. “I mean… No. This is a secret promotion. All you need to do is buy or magazine every month.”

“But… why should I do that?” Yixing questioned.

“Because…” Suho quickly came up with an excuse to avoid the awkward silence. “Because you’re handsome and if people realize you’re buying our magazine they will buy it as well! Yeah…That’s my plan.”

“You’re right! Thank you for this opportunity, boss. I won’t let you down. I’ll even start brushing my teeth every day!”

“That’s.. just…” disgusting. “amazing. You can go now.”   

 

While this is going on, everyone else working at Exo Magazine just keeps working on robotic mode. Typing away on their keyboards like their lives depend on it.

Baekhyun is the Vice president. He gets his own small office instead of working in the main room. He’s probably busy doing nothing important like getting lost on humorous forums or browsing weird Kpop fanfiction on tumblr. You know…typical vice president stuff.

Jongdae and Kyungsoo are in charge of the latest music related articles and news. They basically write (or lie about) the newest gossip. Kyungsoo used to be one of those Kpop idol boys, so he knows a lot of dirty little secrets about the big companies. That also makes him rich enough to have his own personal assistant: Minseok.

Jongin is in charge of writing the newest fashion trends, often posing in photoshoots for the magazine as well. If Kim Jongin wears it, it’s probably cool and trendy.

Chanyeol selects five to ten fan-mail questions to be answered and printed in the magazine. He’s also responsible for writing lame jokes hidden throughout the entire magazine. He works together with Sehun, the graphic designer.

And Yixing… Yixing was promoted to a customer.

This is life at Exo Magazine’s Office.

 

Fin.