Chapter 8

Secret Room

 “I’m home” Sungmin entered the house after he locked the door. “Yuchan hyung?”

“I’m at the balcony” Yuchan’s voice could be heard.

                Sungmin walked towards the kitchen that was connected to the balcony area. He put a plastic bag on the dining table. “I got your favourite stew from the restaurant at the end of the road”

“Really?!” Yuchan who was busy sketching while leaning against the wall looked up to him with wide smile. “Thanks”

“Sure no prob” “I really need something to cheer me up. Since today was a total bummer” “Really? What happen?” Sungmin grabbed a glass and poured water to quench his thirst.

“My plan failed” Yuchan smirked. He continued to sketch in his sketch book. Sungmin’s eye widened.

-Flashback-

                Sungmin arrived at the café. He went in and looked around. Yeonwoo looked up and they met eyes. He went to her. “Are you…”

“I’m Yuchan’s girlfriend, Jo Yeonwoo. Please, have a sit” she voiced. He sat across her. “I’m really sorry. It’s not that I don’t want to meet you. I lived with Yuchan hyung, you see. So I have to be careful in all my action” he looked around, afraid to be seen by Yuchan.

“I want to know everything that happen. About the secret room, I discovered it when I was cleaning up after Yuchan’s ‘funeral’. I discovered his plans. And today. I disturbed his plan. He must be frustrated” she smirked. “Anyway, go on tell me. How’s my boyfriend doing these days?”

-End of flashback-

                Sungmin cleared his throat.

“I plan to kill someone today” Yuchan voiced, still not lifting his head. “But someone came and disturb my plan. But it turns out that person is someone so dear to me” he sighed. “I can’t believe I’m doubting that person”

“Maybe try another day?” Sungmin pretended to be interested in his chat. “Well, yea of course. I need to make a new plan now. And that means more work to do” Yuchan pouted.

                Sungmin went to set the table.

“Anyway, where have you been?” Yuchan asked. “Me?” Sungmin turned his back on him so he couldn’t notice his nervous sweat on his forehead. “Just hanging out with friend”

“Oh I see. It sure nice to have some REAL friends to hang out with” Yuchan put his sketch book aside. He stood and walked to the dining table. “Well, I have some favour to ask you”

“What favour?” Sungmin glanced at him.

                Yuchan held out his phone to him. The screen displayed a picture of someone. Sungmin’s eyes slightly agape.

“This is Jo Yeonwoo. My girlfriend. I need you to keep an eye on her for me” Yuchan explained. Sungmin chuckled. “Are you okay with me looking at your girlfriend?”

“Well not really. But believe it or not, this is the person who ruined my plan today. I just have a hunch that she knew something about my plan. Just keep an eye on her. I don’t want anyone to disturb my plan even my dearest girlfriend”

“Alright sure” Sungmin nodded and turned to the sink.

“But” Yuchan looked at him. “You look surprise when you see the pic. Are you…”

                Sungmin gulped and turned to him. “She’s the girl that you draw every day, right? That’s why she looks familiar. Woah! She’s way beautiful”

                Yuchan laughed. “I thought you’re interested in her. Aigo” he pulled the chair and sat. “Well, she’s beautiful if you meet her in person. I tried hard to draw her beauty face but it seems that she’s just too perfect for me to draw” he smirked but his eyes saddened. “It’s a pity that I need to hurt her too now” he whispered to himself.

“Plus, all my stuff is already packed and my journal is missing. I thought maybe someone came into this place while I’m on hide. And that person might know about my plans and secrets. I hope that person is not Yeonwoo”

*             *             *

                Yeonwoo was walking away from the bus stop towards a book store. She continued her daily routine at work. 

                Hours later, she leaned over between the shelves of books. “Man, I’m so tired today” she looked up to the light. Her head had been beating for the past few hours. *Maybe because I can’t sleep last night* she stood straight and headed to the other corner with a few new books to be arranged in her grips.

*Hey* she narrowed her eyes as she saw a familiar figure from the behind. *Sehyoon?*

                That person turned around to look at the books on the shelf behind him. They met eyes.

“Yeonwoo” Sehyoon’s eyes were widened. “Hey” she replied weakly.

                Yeonwoo stumbled over her own feet. The books produced a loud noise as it hit on the wooden floor, grabbing attention from the other store workers and customers. She passed out in his arm.

“Yeonwoo!” he tried to call her. “Someone please call the ambulance!”