Chapter 10

Secret Room

                His phone signalled it received a text message. Sungmin’s eye slightly agape. “It’s from hyung. He wants me to meet him”

“Wait. He knew you skipped class?”

                Yeonwoo and Sungmin met eyes, both shocked.

“No! Don’t go to him!” “But noona, if I didn’t go to him, he’ll knew that I meet you” “But he’ll hurt you! I know he will!”

                Sungmin smiled and stood. “I don’t think he will. He didn’t know about us” “No” Yeonwoo grabbed onto his wrist. She shook his head.

                He chuckled. “Noona, nothing will happen. Trust me. I promise, I’ll come back here after I see him for a while”

                She continued to stared at him, hoping for him to get the message of her desperateness not to let him go. She looked away. Her grip loosened. “Make sure you do that. I don’t want anyone innocent to be hurt by my Yuchan”

“Don’t worry noona” he grabbed his coat. “I’ll come back later. I promise”

                He set his feet out from the room with Yeonwoo watching. The sound of door closed echoed through her room. Yeonwoo brought her knees up to her embrace. “Please don’t let him hurt Sungmin”

*             *             *

                The door of the room was opened. A nurse stepped inside with a tray in her grip. Her steps stopped as she saw the room. The bed was a mess with the hospital clothes laying on the floor and the iv drop hung alone. Yeonwoo was nowhere to be seen.

*             *             *

“Hyung” Sungmin greeted him who was waiting in front of a building. “Sungmin-ah” Yuchan smiled and embraced his shoulder with one arm. “Let’s have some coffee” “Here?” “Yup. There was a popular sky café at rooftop of this building” “Really?” “Don’t you know?” he chuckled. “Come, come. Let me treat you something nice” They started to walk.

               

 

 

                Sungmin opened the door to the rooftop and began to look around the garden there. “Hyung, where is the café?” he paused. Sungmin gulped. His heartbeat began to race in panic. *I’ve been tricked?*

                Slowly, he turned around. Yuchan was nowhere to be seen.

“Yuchan hyung?”

“Here, here”

                Sungmin looked around and saw Yuchan bent over a coffee vendor machine.

“Eiii, hyung. You trick me”

“What?” Yuchan laughed. “No way” he held one can of coffee to Sungmin. “Look around. I’m treating you coffee but it’s not the coffee that’s matter. It’s the view”

                Sungmin turned around and looked at the view. He was mesmerized by the clear blue sky that day and the view of metropolitan city below them. “Woah! It’s amazing that you found this beautiful place, hyung”

                There was a tick-tock silence. “Yuchan hyung?” before Sungmin could turn to him, a heavy thing flew towards him that made him fell onto the floor. He groaned in pain and tried to get up.

                Yuchan had already pinned him down. He grabbed him by the collar. “Yah!” he snarled but with a smile. “I know you’re protecting Yeonwoo!”

“Hyung. Please don’t kill me” Sungmin chocked out. “What?” Yuchan chukled. “Yah, don’t you know me? I eliminate everyone who try to disturb my plan! Even if it’s the person who always helps me!”

                Yuchan continued to strangle him. Sungmin tried his best to get every ounce of oxygen he could get to breathe. His vision started to blur. He faintly saw Yuchan’s smirk that never leave his lips. The next thing he remembered was Yuchan being thrown to the side off him.

                Yuchan looked up to get up again after being push hard. He gasped. “Yeonwoo?”

                Yeonwoo clenched her teeth as she was pinning him down. “Don’t you dare hurt Sungmin! He’s innocence!”

“Tsk! So you two do know each other” Yuchan chuckled. “I guess I make a huge mistake by believing you, Sungmin” he glanced at Sungmin.

“Sungmin! Get up! Hurry! Go away!” she snarled.

“Noona…”

“Go! Let me settle things with him!” “But-“ “Just go!”

                Sungmin shot up and ran to the door. Yuchan pushed Yeonwoo off him and lunged for Sungmin but Yeonwoo managed to caught him by his legs that made him tripped over. Sungmin succeed in getting away. Yeonwoo stood to block the door.

“Move” Yuchan warned. “No” she replied. “You think I will let you hurt someone innocence?!”

                Yuchan chuckled. “Ah, I really lost for word right now. You already disturb my plan twice, you know. You probably know I can’t let anyone who disturb me alive”

“Go on” she glared at him. “Kill me”

“What?” he chuckled. “Woah! I don’t know you have this much courage in you”

“I’m going to die anyway”

                He tilted his head.

“I have pneumonia and I don’t think I have many days to live anymore. So go on kill me”

“Of course I will” he ruffled her head. He bent down to stare down into her eyes. “But not today. You know my plan. I have orders I need to follow. And your name is at the bottom of the list. So be patience okay, babe?”

                She gave him a hatred glare. “Why are you doing all this? I don’t get it! The boys had been with you for years”

“And I have to act in front of them! For years! I can’t be myself in front of them!” “No! It’s you who don’t understand them! They love you. They believe you’re their best friend” “Nah. Best friend never treat me like thrash for years” “No! Everything that you feel is not true! You misunderstood them” “So it’s true that you have my journal?” “Yes. And your mp3 too. I listened to all your recording. I know everything” “You may know everything about me, but you don’t understand them” “No! It’s you who misjudge people. You should listen to the other party story too. How can you make judgement based on your own preference?! You’re being self-centre!”

                They were silent for a while.

“Yuchan, can you just stop all of this?” “Yeonwoo-yah” his lips twitched into a smirk. “It’s not the first day you meet me. You know me”

“I know you’ll never stop doing anything unfinished. But only this one. Can you just stop?”

                He shook his head. “Definitely no”

                Her eyes sadden. Her shoulder fell. Yeonwoo faced the ground. Tears stained the floor below her.

“Where is the Yuchan who always smiles and so warm?”

                Yuchan smirked and leaned over to her ear. “That ‘Yuchan’ who smiles like a fool is dead. I killed him”

                Yeonwoo glared at him and he gave her a smile before shoved her to the side. She fell weakly onto the floor. Yuchan’s footsteps echoed through the empty space as he walked down the stairs, leaving her alone.

*How can he…* she continued to sob. *He’s a total different person now*

*             *             *

                Yeonwoo dragged her body into her house. She sunk into the sofa. She took out her phone. “It’s one tiring work day!” The screen displayed the messages she sent to the boys but they didn’t reply nor read them. She recalled visiting the places they often hang out and work places but failed to find Donghun, Junhee or Sehyoon. No one knew their whereabouts for the past few weeks. She looked at her call logs as well as messages she sent to Yuchan recently. None of them were read too. *Damn it, Yuchan!* she snorted.

“He’s making me think he did something to the boys”

                She paused. “Don’t tell me…” She sprang up and grabbed her coat before ran out of the house. She rang someone and waited to be answered.

“Hello, Sungmin” “Noona” “You said you didn’t go to Yuchan’s place anymore, right?” “Yup. Can I know the password?” “You’re going there, noona?” “Yea. I couldn’t contact Yuchan or the other boys. I’m scared he might make any move” “But it’s already late, noona” “I’ll just need to check on it. Then I’ll leave the place ASAP” “Alright” he sighed. “I’ll text you the number. But be careful noona”

“Of course. If I didn’t contact you in the next few hours, you know what to do” “I’ll call the police” “Good boy” she ended the call.