Chapter 1

Secret Room

               A girl with long hair ran up to a house located up on a hill in panic. Her panting can be heard. The small house was caught by fire that it attracted attention of nearby neighbour that started to crowd at the house compound. Firemen already started to put out fire.

“Excuse me” the girl went through the crowd and stopped right in front of the burning house. She cupped as she bawled alone. “Don’t tell me they are still inside!”

“Yeonwoo-yah!” someone spun her around. The girl paused for a bit before pulled the person into her embrace tightly. She cried in his arms. “Yah, Kim Sehyoon! I’m so worried of you guys!” Yeonwoo chocked out.

               Sehyoon’s face stained black due to the smoke. He displayed a faint smile and caressed her head. “We’re fine” They broke the hug. “Where are the other?” she looked around and saw the ambulance.

“Donghun is still unconscious in the ambulance” he answered. “Junhee too. But” he avoided her eyes.

“Yuchan? Where is he?”

               Sehyoon remained silent before lifting his head to the blazing fire.

“Yah” tears flowed down her cheeks. He faced down, trying to hold back his tears. Sehyoon shook his head. Yeonwoo once again cupped in complete shock. She darted to the fire but Sehyoon held her back.

“LET ME GO! I NEED TO SAVE YUCHAN!” Yeonwoo tried to release herself. “KANG YUCHAN!” she flopped onto the ground as she bawled. Sehyoon pulled her into his arms.

* * *

               Yeonwoo was spacing out. Donghun looked to his side. He was still in the hospital bed with breathing mask worn to his mouth. Slowly, he moved his hand to touch hers near him. She startled, snapped out from her day dream. “Yes, Donghun. Need anything?”

               He shook his head weakly. “Go home, Yeonwoo” he whispered. She smiled and shook her head. “I will stay here with you”

               He gave her hand a slight squeeze. “You need to rest, Yeonwoo. We’ll be fine on our own”

               Yeonwoo lifted her head to Junhee who was sound asleep on the bed beside his before turned to Donghun again.

* * *

               Yeonwoo stepped out from the hospital area. She lifted her head up to the clear sky and heaved a sigh. “Why is all of this is happening to me?” Dark circle can be seen under her eyes. Her eyes were swollen. As she kept on thinking about the person they had lost. Her body felt really weak and tired. “How can I continue to live without you, Yuchan?”

               Her face fell to the ground again as she wiped her tears away. *Let’s just go home and have a rest. I need sometime alone now*

               Yeonwoo waited at the bus stop. She was alone there. She turned to her side as she reminisced the good old memory.

-Flashback-

               Two years ago, Yeonwoo was waiting at the same bus stop. A few books were held in her embrace as she just got home from library. Her phone rang and she answered it. “Yuchan”

“Hey, where are you now?” Yuchan voice could be heard from the other line. “Waiting for the bus. I’m heading home” “I have a few question I don’t know how to answer. Can you help me?” “Yeah sure. Wait” she quickly went through her book. “Which question you want to ask? It’s about the assignment we got yesterday right? Let me just get the page”

“Thank you, Yeonwoo. You’re such a big help” “Which question?”

“Do you have time tomorrow?” “What?” “C’mon answer me” “Yeah. Why?” “What about the next 50 years?” “Yah”

“Can I have you by my side forever?”

               Yeonwoo paused and lifted her head to her side as she felt a shadow fell over her. Yuchan was standing there. He approached her and stood in front of her. He held out his hand to her. “Your answer?”

               She was stunted and looked at him and his hand one after another. Yeonwoo smiled and took his hand. “Definitely”

“Yah” Yuchan pulled her into his embrace with a broad smile both on their faces.

-End of flashback-

               Yeonwoo stared out the window as the bus drove away from the bus stop. She turned to the empty seat beside her. *Yuchan used to sit beside me* She remembered how he used to smile his gummy smile to her as they joke around, how he always listened to her story everyday although they had been together all the time at the college and how he always lent his shoulder for her to sleep on. She glanced down to her phone that displayed the picture of their couple sneakers. Tears dropped onto her lap. Yeonwoo looked outside. *I don’t know heading back home can be this painful* *And lonely*