Chapter 11

Secret Room

                Yeonwoo entered the password. The door unlocked and she entered the unit. It was pitch black in there. She the flash light on her phone. She took a deep breath. Nervousness hit her. She could hear her heart beat in her ear. She started to look around. There were no shoes at the entrance. *He’s not here* Even at the shoe rack, it was empty. *That’s weird*

                She entered the living room. Everything was tidy up, like Yuchan was ready to move away. “He’s running away again. I can’t let him do that”

                Yeonwoo headed to the secret room. The secret room was lit with light. The room too like any other room in the unit, was tidied up. She walked to the board that still left untouched, just like the other day she went there. She noticed a paper pasted at the center of the board, above other papers. *I guess this is a new note* She picked it up. “Address?”

                Her phone received a text message. It was from Sungmin.

                Yeonwoo sent the address to Sungmin. A few minutes later, he called.

“Noona, it’s a place not far from here. But” “But?” “It’s really…how can I say this? Remote place? There are not many buildings around that area. And from the picture, there was a few old warehouse around there” “Warehouse? I wonder what he’s doing there” “Let’s check on it tomorrow. For now, noona you should get home. It’s not safe there” “Yes I will. Thank you, Sungmin”

*             *             *

“Military?” Yeonwoo looked up to Sungmin who sat beside her at the bus stop. “I think that’s the place” he suggested. “But we couldn’t be sure”

“That’s why I’m heading there to check” “Noona, it’s dangerous” “That’s why I need you to call police if I couldn’t get to you later, alright?” she mustered a smile. Sungmin sighed and looked away. He nodded. “I will. But it’s dangerous”

“I’m sure nothing is there. But I’ll just go to check myself. You should take care of yourself, Sungmin-ah” she smiled. “You too, noona”

 

 

                The bus arrived and Yeonwoo board the bus. Sungmin watched as she took a seat. He waved at her as the bus drove away. “Please don’t let anything bad happen. Aish! Both noona and hyung are just so stubborn”

*             *             *

                Yeonwoo continued to walk through the lonely street. She looked around. Her eyes landed on an old warehouse, separated from other blocks of building. Long grasses grew tall, but she could see a beaten path from the asphalt street she was walking connected to the warehouse main door.
She stepped towards the path and stopped.

 

"Am I really doing this? What should I do if Yuchan is inside?" she breathed out, nervous. *I come here to know the truth and to catch him in action before he can get away!*

                Yeonwoo went around the place and tried to peek through the windows there but it was too stained that forbid her to see any silhouette. The rundown warehouse had a crack on one of the wall there. *Maybe I can get through this hole right here*

                She turned her phone to silent mode and kept it away before bent down into the hole. The inside of the warehouse was only lit by the natural sunlight that seep through the cracks on the walls as well as the stained windows. The warehouse was divided into several rooms. She looked around the empty room with dusty floor and noticed a door. She tipped toed around the area, being cautious the whole time. Her phone glowed as it received call.

 

 

                Sungmin pulled the phone away from his ears and stared at the screen again. He snorted. “Why is noona not picking up?!” He looked around and instead of taking the bus, he called a taxi. “Ahjussi, take me to the police station”