Chapter 4

Secret Room

                A tall lean man stepped away from the stairway and went into the lighted hallway. His steps were fast with his eyes wandered around from one door to another door of the units there. Some kids ran through the hallway as they were busy playing. One of the little girls bumped into the guy. The two met eyes for a few seconds before the man walked away. The girl fell onto the floor, crying her eyes out.

                The man’s steps increased its speed and stopped in front of a door. He took a deep breath and his trembling hands entered the passcode of the door with extreme rush. He quickly closed the door behind him.

“You’re home?”

                The man looked up and gasped. He quickly bowed to the man. “Yuchan hyung” nervousness could be heard from his soft timid voice.

“Hey” the man, Yuchan chuckled and walked to him. “Sungmin-ah”

                Yuchan approached him and the later, Sungmin walked backward away from him. Sungmin whole being was trembling madly. His back met the door behind him. Yuchan smirked and held out his hand suddenly that made Sungmin shut his eyes in fear.

“Yah” Yuchan chuckled and locked the door. “You forgot to lock the door. How many times do I have to tell you to always keep this door lock? We don’t want anyone to enter this place, do we?”

                Yuchan ruffled his head with a smirk and walked inside. “Come let’s eat. You do buy some dinner for me, do you?”

“Nae, hyung” Sungmin saw the gun at the back pocket of Yuchan’s pants. He breathed out to calm himself down.

 

                Yuchan was already seated at the dining table. He watched as Sungmin set up the table for him to have dinner.

“Here’s your dinner” Sungmin served Jajangmyeon to Yuchan.

“Thank you, Sungmin-ah” Yuchan smiled to him before enjoyed the meal.

                Sungmin saw from the corner of his eyes. The knives were neatly arranged at the holder not far from him. He looked at Yuchan whose eyes on the phone while eating and the knives one after another. *I need to get away from him!* Sungmin took a small steps slowly toward the knives.

“What the” Yuchan complained. Sungmin’s eyes widened and turned to Yuchan again. Yuchan was still immersed to his phone as he brought the phone closer to his face. Sungmin peeked on the knives once again and made his way again. He managed to stop in front of the holder. He reached out his hand and take out one of the knives. *This is it, Sungmin!*

“Don’t even think about it”

                Sungmin gulped. His eyes trailed to Yuchan again. A gun was aimed straight to his face. Yuchan smirked.

“Hyung” Sungmin stuttered. “I-I can explain”

“Aigo, Sungmin-ah” Yuchan chuckled. “I know what you’re planning to do so don’t waste your time to explain anything to me. You know I’m not the kind to listen to those lame EXCUSES. Looks like you want to betray me”

“No, hyung” “Shut it” he warned. Yuchan sighed for a while. “You know what, I really wish to shoot you right now. But I need you. So looks like I have to keep you alive until I get what I want. Only then, I’ll end your life”

                Sungmin gulped. Yuchan put the gun down and continued to eat. “Come sit here” he kicked the chair in front of him for him to sit opposite him. Sungmin rushed to take his place. Yuchan took a glass and poured him some fruit juice. “Here”

“Thank you” Sungmin took the drink and gulped it down.

“I bet I made you so nervous that your lips are dry” Yuchan said while eating. “Sorry”

                Sungmin nodded in silence. He didn’t dare to peep a word. *He’s being this other personality again. For a second he’s a lunatic but another second he turned into someone so kind no one can see any bad in him. This hyung is weird*

“So how’s your day? Everything okay at school?” “Nae” “I bet school is hard” Yuchan glanced at him. “Still bearable” “I know how busy you students are. I was a student too. But not a diligent one like you” Yuchan smirked at him. “Don’t worry, I’ll let you study comfortably at home after you answer this question”

                Yuchan looked to him. “How’s your watch today?”

“Oh” Sungmin quickly took out his small notebook from his pocket. “In the morning as usual, Sehyoon hyung went to have breakfast at his usual place. Then he headed to work”

“Just tell me if they did anything unusual. I know their schedules all in my head” “Nothing unusual. Just go and back from work. Same with the others” “Alright then” Yuchan continued to eat again. “That’s all I want to hear about. Good job. You can go home now”

“Thank you, hyung” Sungmin bowed and stood.

**********************************************************************************

4 May 2006

Hate them! What’s the use of even sharing my interest with them? I should keep my mouth shut. Not saying anything. Even little thing that I say I know I’ll regret it but why do I bother to talk to them? I should think again whenever I want to speak.

**********************************************************************************

18 July 2006

They never listen when I say about my interest just because I have completely different taste as them. Why are we living in this kind of world?

**********************************************************************************

                Yeonwoo’s eyebrow furrowed.

“Did they really make him feel like this? Poor Yuchan” she sighed. “But I don’t believe him. As long as I know these boys, they are just bunch of monkeys. They play around a lot. Maybe I don’t know them so well. But if it’s true I see why Yuchan want to kill them”

“They made him feel teribble. They push him to the limit. I know Yuchan’s limit. Sometime even I have to console him but I’m okay with it. Because at least he understands me too. He did the same whenever I behave like that. So I’m totally okay with him”

                Her phone beside her was grabbed. She stood and grabbed her cardigan. She rushed to the hallway and wore her sandals.

“Hello, Sehyoon” she rang on her phone. “Where are you now?”

“I’m at work” Sehyoon replied.

“But it’s weekend” “I need some money to pay for our rent. That’s why I’m doing some part time” “Our?” “Yea” he chuckled. “I guess the other haven’t ring you yet. We managed to get a house together. Not quite far from your house actually”

“Really? That’s great! Hey, since it’s your new house-“ “House warming party~!”

                She laughed. “Of course. I’ll come tonight. Make sure all of you are free tonight. I’ll buy something nice for us”

“YEAH~!!! Yeonwoo, you’re the best!” “I know” she chuckled. “Alright then. See you later”

                They ended the call.

“Looks like I’ll hang out with all of them tonight. I’ll see if what Yuchan wrote is true. Maybe they did behave like that but it just me that didn’t notice it” she sighed.

                She saw the text message from unknown number.

“Someone got into the unit. I wonder if the person discovers the secret room?”

                Yeonwoo quickly dialled the number. “Yes. This is Yuchan’s girlfriend. Can we meet now?”