Together Forever

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She hates it, but at the same time she’s excited. Yongsun knows that certain look in Byulyi’s eyes. There’s a hint of mischief mixed with a lot of ingenuity. Byul has always liked to mess with her with a purpose in mind. This time was probably no different. They just got engaged and Yongsun would be up for a whirlwind. “What do you mean by that, Byul?” Yongsun furrows her brows, making Byul understand that the latter shouldn’t go too far with her tricks.

 

“I’m not planning anything bad for tonight, you know?” Byul sees the suspicious look still on Yongsun’s face and she laughs. She takes Yongsun’s left hand and kisses the engagement ring she just slipped into the older woman’s finger. “I promise! I just need your cooperation for tonight. Is that possible?”

 

“That depends on what you want me to do, babe.” Yongsun took her hand back, still wary of whatever Byul has planned.

 

“I’m not planning on making you do anything absurd, you know?” Byulyi chuckles. She finds it funny that Yong doesn’t trust her still but it can’t be helped. She has done a lot of stupid things to, for, and with Yongsun.

 

“You’ve said that countless of times and I ended up doing foolish things with you.” Yongsun links her arms with Byulyi’s and looks at the younger woman sideways. “Tell me what I have to do this time but I won’t do bungee jumping again, Byul, nor any mountain climbing.”

 

Byul cackles at the sudden rush of memories of extreme sports she did with the older woman. “But they were fun!” She gets a glare from Yongsun that made her stop immediately. Byul clears before loudly clapping twice.

 

The white double doors Yongsun came from burst open and a squad of stylists, make-up artists, and two guys each holding huge mirrors marched in. They immediately took Yongsun from Byulyi and started dressing up the older woman.

 

“Byul, what is this?!” Yongsun asks as she gets pulled into a chaotic mess of dresses and make-up. She keeps her left hand close to her chest, afraid that her engagement ring would fall off and get lost in all the mess happening as of the moment.

 

“Don’t worry, unnie. They’ll just dress you up for later.” Byul walks towards Yongsun’s side and places her hand on the older woman’s back. She rubs it, comforting her shocked fiancé. “I just want you to be even more beautiful than you are now for later, okay?”

 

Yongsun reluctantly nods. She lets herself get dolled up but then she notices Byul leaving the same way these people around her came in. “Byul! Where are you going?”

 

“I’m just going to get ready. I’ll wait for you in the other room!” Byul points to the double doors on the other side of the hall, the one with gold handles. “See you soon, love.” She smiles at Yongsun before leaving.

 

The last thing Yongsun saw was Byul’s long brunette hair and white oxford shoes before she’s suddenly in a long white dress – simple and elegant. The soft lace is hugging her upper chest and arms as the rest of the fabric clings to her body, showing off her curves. At Yongsun’s knees, the dress spreads out and into a train, not too long for it to be too heavy.

 

Yongsun’s blonde hair was pulled up into a loose bun with a few locks of hair hanging by the side of her face. Her eyes glitter although the confusion is still there. She is led in front of the double doors. Two men each grab a golden handle and smiles at Yongsun, who smiles back. The two hears something in their in-ear and nods at each other before nodding at Yongsun. “Ready, miss.”

 

“W-what? Ready for what?” Yongsun asks, her head going back and forth the two men as the double doors are pulled open. The smell of Bluebells suddenly burst forth, along with petals fluttering at Yongsun’s feet. She looks down at them and her eyes travel to the red carpet just in front. Her eyes slowly look up and Yongsun is suddenly knocked with a variety of emotions at the sight before her.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

The spotlight was almost blinding but Yongsun can see through it. At both sides of the red carpet are many tables draped with white tablecloths and decorated with the same Bluebells she smelled. High above the ceiling are chandeliers twinkling as if they are stars. The whole place is decorated in blue and white: flowers, ornaments, and even the dresses and suits worn by the guests.

 

Yongsun was handed a bouquet of white roses and she feels someone fix something on her hair. Suddenly, a veil covers her face and she realizes what was happening. She looks around and sees friends and family standing and clapping – for her. She stumbles forward in short steps before Wheein holds her arm. Yongsun looks at Wheein’s eyes, searching for answers or at least a validation to what she already suspects.

 

Wheein grabs the hand Yongsun was using to cling onto her arm. “Unnie, I know this all a bit too shocking,” she says in the sweetest voice she can pull out of . “Please try to breathe slowly and listen to me carefully, okay?”

 

Yongsun nods quickly. She closes her eyes and inhales deeply as she straightens her body. She exhales and opens her eyes – the surrounding becoming clearer than when she first saw it. She looks back at Wheein and waits for the younger woman’s explanation, opting not to say anything, as her voice would probably fail her at the moment.

 

“You’re getting married tonight.” Wheein notices the immediate widening of Yongsun’s eyes and she shushes the panicking bride. “Breathe, unnie. Breathe,” Wheein says as she rubs Yongsun’s back. “You and Byulie-unnie just got engaged right?”

 

Yongsun nods and remembers the event just half an hour ago. “Y-yeah,” she squeaks.

 

“Well, you and Byulie-unnie have always been busy. Even if you did get engaged last year, it would probably take you years to plan and hold an actual wedding. So, when Byulie-unnie quit being a CEO, she started to plan this for you two.” Wheein tries to explain.

 

“She did?” Yongsun asks, still a bit shocked at how she just got engaged and suddenly she’s going to get married on the same night.

 

“Yes, she did. Are you okay now?” Wheein sees Yongsun nod – still nervous but better now, knowing what is happening. “Byulie-unnie is waiting for you at the end, okay? Don’t make her wait too long now, unnie.” Wheein hugs Yongsun and kisses the latter on the cheek, staining the veil a little with her lipstick. Then, she walks back towards the end of the carpet, standing at the steps beside the bride’s supposed position.

 

“W-wait, Wheein-ah! Is my family, here?” Yongsun tries to shout at the trodding puppy in a blue dress. She jumps however, when she hears her name. She turns around and sees her mom and dad approaching her. Yongsun tears up, thinking, “They’re here.”

 

“Hello there, princess.” Yong’s father, Mr. Kim, hugs the bride, her daughter, and comforts her. He holds his arm out for her to grab and points out to his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter