Never Speaking Again

If I Die

You were resting your head on your arms, looking at the grey clouds that were floating by. You were in high school now it was just like junior high, except everything seemed different to you now that Nako was gone. She passed away a few days after the two of you shared your first kiss, her funeral was held a week later and since then you haven't spoke a single word --in public at least. You have been quiet in public for 5 months, it was now July 26.

Luckily your sister and her friends helped you through Nako's death, but no matter how much they comforted, it didn't seem to help. Though Sasshi would go the extra mile and constently kiss your cheek, while Jurina tries to pry her off. While Jurina and Sasshi were "wrestling" Yuko would pull you away and get ice cream with you. If it wasn't Yuko who pulled you away it'll be Mayuki who took you to the park as if you were their daughter. Maeda took you to a dog cafe --because we all know that Mayuki won't. Sakura would kidnap you to show you her "magic" or just to play video games with you.

Sasshi never really got to spend time alone especially when Jurina was around-- she was your big sister after all, saying how she wanted you to remain pure -little did she know you already had your first kiss. Unlike Kami7, Jurina was the only one who really saw you at your worst. She'd hear cries coming from your room, and wouldn't know what to do. All Jurina can do is hug you at night while you cried in her arms. 

"The first project will be an oral report," Sensei passed out the papers. "I'll be choosing groups so don't bother."

"Ami-san, Kota-san, Rei-san, and Haruto-san will be a group." The boys high fived each other. The said boy named Rei looked back at you, but you still looked into the sky. 

"Sensei." He raised his hands. "I don't think our group should have Ami-san in it because she is mute," The whole class laughed. 

"I don't think it's right to laugh class, she has the highest rank among all of you. Although this is a group project I am grading you indivduallly on how well your public speaking is and how you convey your side." 

"Hey at least I know Im not getting last in the public speaking grade," Haruto laughed followed by the rest of the class. 

The rest of the class time was to do research and plan, but ofcourse no one really used that time to study. You being alone finally picked up the paper that was on your desk, read about the topic and laid your head back down with tears threatening to fall.

Physician-Assisted Suicide (For)

Should physicians help terminal patients die?

Your job is to persuade others why this is a good idea.

Despite having done the research Ami screwed over her group mates, instead of arguing for it she argued against it. When the debate started it was like what everyone imagined, you hid behind your group mates as you kept quiet while they read off your note cards. You were no longer quiet when Kota said "they got cancer because they did something bad in their lives and a good way to make it end is to die." 

"Perhaps you should get cancer for just saying that! No one deserves cancer especially when she is 7 years old. She stood death right in the face and fought for eight years only to lose! She didn't want to die, she spent everyday of her life fighting until she couldn't anymore. Yes it hurt her but not once has she ever asked the physician to help her die! No cancer patient wants to die, if they did they would live their life to the fullest! Yeah it becomes unbearable to the point where death is the best option, but it isn't."

"If you were suffering wouldn't you want to die?" Haruto countered.

"If you were dying wouldn't you want to go out with a bang instead of a drug on your death bed?" You rebutted.

The class was quiet and no one said anything, you took your cue to leave. Another second in there and you would've lost it, you ran up to the roof top before you got caught by the administration. "NAKOOOOOOO!" You feel on your knees wanting your best friend back. 

By the time you calmed down school has already ended. Going back into the classroom to get your backpack you noticed the grades for the oral presentatipn but it didn't matter to you. Grades didn't matter if Matsui was your name, everything was provided for you. No matter how much your grade was going to change for not speaking your side, you vowed never to speak in public again. 

Not liking how you embarased them in front of the class they decided to teach you a lesson, a lesson that may cost your life. During lunch the next week while you were going to your own isolated location to eat your bento Jurina made for you. You were dragged into the dark and empty gymnasium. (Like the one in Majisuka Gakuen where Sakura and Salt fought) Dropping your bento you turned towards the door, only to be stopped by Kota who was standing in your way. Moving from left to right to exit the room, he only then pushed you onto the floor. 

Even when they were kicking you, you didn't make a sound. You endured all their punches until Haruto pulled out a knife that reflected into your eyes through the sunlight behind the curtains. You grabbed his wrist, twisting his arm in the process making him drop the knife. Still holding on to his arm you flipped him over as you kicked Rei in the stomach as he tried to punch you. You dodged the punch that was heading towards your head, which in turn hit Kota in the face. Everything you learned about martial arts took over your body as the three boys began to have cuts and brusies on their face and their arms. 

Though they were considered the toughest guys in your class they were no match for you. Being in a slight disadvantage by being surrounded you took your chance to give Kota a roundhouse kick to the head. As Kota fell to the floor, you bent backwards afterwards to barely avoid a punch to the face from Harut. Pushing his fist to the right gave you an opening to his neck where you gave a karate chop.  Haruto stumbled backwards holding his neck and coughing. Each step you took towards Rei he took a step back, closing his eyes to embrace the impact that never came. He opened his eyes to a fist in front of his face, only realizing when he looked down that your white blouse was red with blood. 

"WHAT THE HELL?" Rei yelled.

"WE WERE SUPPOSE TO TEACH HER A LESSON NOT KILL HER!" Kota pulled Haruto away from you, pushed him away fled from the crime scene. 

The boys ran for their lives leaving you holding your wound, shaking at the sight of your own blood in your hands. The gym door opened as giggles were heard, the sunlight from the open door created a spot light for you. But the two were caught in each other's face to notice you till you fell to the floor unconsious.